You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Balague speaks about Hicks

Rashid

What would be fairly "usual" for these sorts of joint ventures is:

1. Gillett wants to sell. He has to offer shares to Hicks.

2. Hicks has a period of time to accept. 90 days would be fairly common.

3. If hicks doesn't accept, Gillett can offer the shares at the same price (or higher) to a third party

4. Once the third party is identified Gillett still has to get approval to sell from Hicks BUT Hicks has to act reasonably in deciding whether to give his approval.

5. If there is an argument as to whether Hicks is acting reasonably then either it will go to an arbitrator or the courts to decide if it is reasonable for the sale to go ahead.

As I said the above arrangements are usual. They are also consistent with what everyone is saying.

My guess is we're at the end of 2 and DIC will now wait until either Hicks gives in or gillett decides to try and force him under 5.

I think its quite clear no such clause exists

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its quite clear no such clause exists

Agreed. Hicks has said it doesn't, I haven't heard Gillette say it does and the fact that DIC have taken a step back is more evidence that it doesn't exist otherwise they would have just waited until the end of May and bought Gillettes shares without too much fuss.

Gillette and DIC by going public are trying to put pressure on Hicks which is something they wouldn't have to do if a clause existed.

We had a plan for 60k bowl.

Then we had a "spectacular" plan for 75k stadium.

The "spectacular" plan was then downgraded to "less spectacular" plan 70k stadium.

They are all "plans" though and they are still on paper.

And we have spent millions on these plans and still no shovel in the ground.

I tell you what, give me that bowl under the leadership of DIC and I will take it now.

It is not good spending millions after millions just on "planning" the new stadium.

I'd rather a few million be spent now on the plans than £350m on a pile of steel shite...

I don't think anybody could have predicted the sharp rise in steel prices which made the original plans too expensive, just as six months ago I didn't hear anybody talking about "Credit Crunch"

At least the "plan" for the bowl have been ripped up. Surely a good thing.

Has it?

Rumors had it that Hicks wanted the new design, whilst Gillette and Parry wanted the former or at least something from the same architects.....

What DIC wants we don't know, and as long as the building has not started a change back is always possible..(God forbid like)

Perhaps we'll end up sharing a stadium in Kirby?

I'd rather a few million be spent now on the plans than £350m on a pile of steel shite...

I don't think anybody could have predicted the sharp rise in steel prices which made the original plans too expensive, just as six months ago I didn't hear anybody talking about "Credit Crunch"

Sure. I would love to have a 70k+ stadium as it increases the revenue and chances of me getting a season ticket. I'm sure everyone would love it too.

But, will it get built? Moores and Parry fucked around for years with the new stadium idea and they got nowhere. Then Hicks and Gillett have fucked around the plans for 1 year now - so much for the "shovel will be on the ground within the next few weeks". The status is the same as it was before - we are still waiting for council's approval and funding. The only difference is that we have spent a few more millions on various plans in the last 1 year.

Look at Arsenal - they designed it and got on with it. It is "only" a 60k stadium and I'm not sure if it can be expanded but it certainly has doubled their revenue and is full week in week out.

Anyway, the stadium talk is not the purpose of this thread.

Agreed. Hicks has said it doesn't, I haven't heard Gillette say it does and the fact that DIC have taken a step back is more evidence that it doesn't exist otherwise they would have just waited until the end of May and bought Gillettes shares without too much fuss.

Gillette and DIC by going public are trying to put pressure on Hicks which is something they wouldn't have to do if a clause existed.

Did you stop reading at point 2?

We're going to get a lot of this.

On a sliding scale, Rafa's attitude to Hicks is somewhere between necessary tolerance and outright 100% backing. Only he knows truthfully. His motives are a mixture of self-interest, family-interest, career-interest and club-interest. Only he knows.

But we'll get two camps, pro-Rafa or anti-Rafa and more civil wars as a result.

Some with pre-existing agendas will see it as an opportunity to get at Rafa, some will genuinely feel that way purely on the basis of what's going on now.

And it's going to be a mess.

Very sad but true.:(

Sure. I would love to have a 70k+ stadium as it increases the revenue and chances of me getting a season ticket. I'm sure everyone would love it too.

But, will it get built? Moores and Parry fucked around for years with the new stadium idea and they got nowhere. Then Hicks and Gillett have fucked around the plans for 1 year now - so much for the "shovel will be on the ground within the next few weeks". The status is the same as it was before - we are still waiting for council's approval and funding. The only difference is that we have spent a few more millions on various plans in the last 1 year.

Look at Arsenal - they designed it and got on with it. It is "only" a 60k stadium and I'm not sure if it can be expanded but it certainly has doubled their revenue and is full week in week out.

Anyway, the stadium talk is not the purpose of this thread.

As I mentioned in my preivious post, nobody could have predicted that the world economy would have nose dived the way it has. I'm sure that Arsenal would have had a lot more difficulty raising the £300m+ now than they did when they decided to "plan" a new stadium.

Hicks, Gillett, Moores, Parry and Ayre all need to go even if it means losing Rafa.

They have all disgraced this great club and can all fuck off.

WTF has Ayre done wrong, he´s the commercial director and from what I understand he´d do a far better job a CEO than Parry for sure

As I mentioned in my preivious post, nobody could have predicted that the world economy would have nose dived the way it has. I'm sure that Arsenal would have had a lot more difficulty raising the £300m+ now than they did when they decided to "plan" a new stadium.

I really don't understand the reason behind your argument here.

We planned for a new stadium well more than 5 years ago (the original estimate was around £80m). The world economy only nose dived in the last few months. If we had done it the Arsenal way and got on with it, we would have played in the new stadium 2 years ago - hence my comparison with Arsenal.

I really don't understand the reason behind your argument here.

We planned for a new stadium well more than 5 years ago (the original estimate was around £80m). The world economy only nose dived in the last few months. If we had done it the Arsenal way and got on with it, we would have played in the new stadium 2 years ago - hence my comparison with Arsenal.

So Hicks isn't to blame then is. He's looked at the original plans, thought they weren't good enough, got some new ones made, in that time the price of steel has quadrupled, he's gone back to the drawing board in which time the credit crunch has made borrowing a lot harder..

Let's not lay the blame all on Hicks here, he's only been here 12 month.

WTF has Ayre done wrong, he´s the commercial director and from what I understand he´d do a far better job a CEO than Parry for sure

I asked the same question on another thread and the answer was basically because he's Hicks man, he nearly bankrupted Huddersfield and he's the mole that is leaking all the information.. in times like these you don't need any evidence of this.. just fire fucking everyone.

So Hicks isn't to blame then is. He's looked at the original plans, thought they weren't good enough, got some new ones made, in that time the price of steel has quadrupled, he's gone back to the drawing board in which time the credit crunch has made borrowing a lot harder..

Your a true fucking idiot

Has it?

Rumors had it that Hicks wanted the new design, whilst Gillette and Parry wanted the former or at least something from the same architects.....

What DIC wants we don't know, and as long as the building has not started a change back is always possible..(God forbid like)

Perhaps we'll end up sharing a stadium in Kirby?

a bung (6)

I'm not blaming Hicks entirely but the reason why Hicks was brought was to build a new stadium because we couldn't afford it. Hicks promised the shovel will be on the ground "within weeks". Hicks was the one who showed the "spectacular plans". Hicks was the one who ripped those plans before publishing the "less spectacular plans".

As far the credit crunch, if they had done what they promised (we won't place the debts on the club etc), they would have borrowed £350m for the stadium - not for refinancing their loans.

If you think Hicks has done well in the stadium saga, go with it. I'm not going to argue with you. I'm not going to join you either.

As far the price of steel has quadrupled, it is bollocks. See the link for yourself.

About.com: http://www.meps.co.uk/EU%20price%20index.htm

I'm not blaming Hicks entirely but the reason why Hicks was brought was to build a new stadium because we couldn't afford it. Hicks promised the shovel will be on the ground "within weeks". Hicks was the one who showed the "spectacular plans". Hicks was the one who ripped those plans before publishing the "less spectacular plans".

As far the credit crunch, if they had done what they promised (we won't place the debts on the club etc), they would have borrowed £350m for the stadium - not for refinancing their loans.

If you think Hicks has done well in the stadium saga, go with it. I'm not going to argue with you. I'm not going to join you either.

As far the price of steel has quadrupled, it is bollocks. See the link for yourself.

About.com: http://www.meps.co.uk/EU%20price%20index.htm

My point is that if we are playing the blame game then Hicks seems to be getting it because he's opened his gob on more than one occasion. For the situation we find ourselves blame Parry, Moores, Gillette and Hicks - in that order.