You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Moscow visa`s If we get through tomorrow

BRAP

There is a lot of misconception about Russia - I have been there over 10 times and married a Russian girl.

Immigration is not a problem as long as you have a valid visa - although the individual check against the database takes a bit more time per person than coming back into the UK, they are more organised than say Heathrow so you actually go through faster.

I would rather go through their immigration than than the US. Last time I went to Philly a customs office threatened to shoot a brit who went to the wrong side of the counter - and he wasn't joking.

Don't forget that Russians 'like a drink' so are use to loud behaviour of groups of people. Course the police will be out in force 'just in case' but they have their own hooligan problem so will be trained when they need to move in. Obviously language could be a problem.

The Russian people will welcome the brits - it is a great place to go with loads of history. I have watched the reds in sports bars on a few occasions and mixed with Russian Reds (as in Liverpool supporters). They know all the songs.

Just need to keep your passport with you at all times in case you are stopped by the police. But there are no 'bogey men' in the shadows following you around. I have heard cases from Russians where they are stopped for a traffic offence, pay some roubles and no more said . So pockets of this can notbe ruled out - have a few roubles in yer back pocket!

there are no 'bogey men' in the shadows following you around.

not sure about that. In 2002 it would appear there were definitely "spotters" dotted around keeping tabs on the groups of us. No different than anywhere else though i.e coppers being out keeping an eye on things

not sure about that. In 2002 it would appear there were definitely "spotters" dotted around keeping tabs on the groups of us. No different than anywhere else though i.e coppers being out keeping an eye on things

Isn't that the same no matter where when British fans go abroad.

My suggestion to relieve the pressure on the embassy is that Man Ure get kicked out for some bogus reason and then Roma and Barcelona can fight for the last final spot. It's the only right thing to do. :whistle:

So basically they are making it pretty much impossible for us to go.

They are forcing us to go down the unwritten UEFA rule for fans going to finals, which is that they want both sets of fans to fly in via different airports no more than 36 hours before the game and be gone within 12 hours of it, and spend the day in the fanzones. They dont really want anyone messing it up by making their own way. The ironic thing is that Zenit St Petersburg are almost certainly through to the UEFA Cup semis, and their fans will have just as big a problem coming to Manchester if they get there.

They are forcing us to go down the unwritten UEFA rule for fans going to finals, which is that they want both sets of fans to fly in via different airports no more than 36 hours before the game and be gone within 12 hours of it, and spend the day in the fanzones. They dont really want anyone messing it up by making their own way. The ironic thing is that Zenit St Petersburg are almost certainly through to the UEFA Cup semis, and their fans will have just as big a problem coming to Manchester if they get there.

I think the whole travel/visa/accommodation arrangements are going to be a nightmare.

I also read that you won't get a visa unless you can provide evidence of where you are staying so that will stop the 24 hour return flights unless special arrangements are conceded by the Russian authorities (which I wouldn't want to bet on).

Meanwhile UEFA seem absolutely delighted that the Russian authorities are going to make it hard for the fans of each club to get there. Let's play it in Beijing next year.

As far as I live in Russia's neighbour country, I do have some friends in Moscow. And I've been told about 3 weeks ago that ticket price will be high enough for Moscow citizens (mind you Moscow is one of the most expensive place in the world). From what I've heard starting prices for "non fans" will be 90-100 pounds and higher so stay tune...

I think the whole travel/visa/accommodation arrangements are going to be a nightmare

I don't know about visa problems, but accommodation arrangements will be not far away from nightmare.

And some of Liverpool's fans from Moscow have no intention to visit the game at stadium, and prefer to watch it in the pub... (in any case, will be Liverpool in the final or not)

Been on Russian embassy web site.

Visa with 7 days processing £45

Visa 24 hour express £95

This will get cocked up if they get inundated.

The Express one you have to go down there first thing in the morning to hand the application in then collect it later that day.