You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

29 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

In what way? I'm interested to hear both sides here as what TK is saying about them covering it up does sound slightly plausible? What makes his theory batshit crazy?

Where were you on 3/5/2007? 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I didn't rule out kidnapping myself but I just think its natural for the parents to have originally been suspects.

I fully agree, based on the limited evidence available nothing should be ruled out.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ok. So is there more evidence pointing towards the kidnap theory?

Absolutely not.  It doesn't get talked about in mainstream media in this country, though.  If the McCanns appear on television it is purely on the terms that their narrative of events goes unchallenged, e.g. their interview on Crimewatch. 

Like I said, all of the evidence points towards her death in the apartment.  Traces of blood, cadaver odour, the apartment sterilised so that the McCanns weren't able to provide a DNA sample without obtaining it from their Leicestershire home. 

The McCanns claimed that Maddie shared a toothbrush with one of the twins and that's why they couldn't provide DNA from her toothbrush.  I can tell you as a child of two doctors myself that we don't share toothbrushes as kids.  There are enough toothbrushes to go around.  

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

They left their kids unattended whilst they ate tapas; I doubt them sharing a toothbrush would bother them.

They're not about to win parents of the year, but there's a big leap between that and killing your kid and disposing of the body. 

It's not that it would bother them, it's just unlikely to happen.  In a family with that much wealth it's not likely that the children would share a toothbrush.  On its own it means nothing, it's the entirety of the evidence against them that made the Portuguese police declare them Arguidos.  

It's not a big leap at all when you look at the entirety of the evidence.

12 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I think when sharing toothbrushes is being listed as possible evidence, it only really highlights that there's a paucity of anything credible that's befitting the term.

Nothing "possible" about it, it is evidence and on the record in the official files.  The paucity you speak of doesn't exist.  There's a stack of evidence against them, that's why they were made suspects. 

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I disagree. If sharing toothbrushes is evidence, then it's circumstantial at best, and shows how little hard evidence there is.

There's a mountain of evidence against them.  You can say there isn't any evidence as many times as you like, it's simply not true.  They were made suspects because the evidence pointed at them.

7 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Yep, it's amazing what a rudimentary knowledge of what constitutes evidence in a criminal justice case will do for your reading of popular conspiracy theories.

See, now you are part of the conspiracy.  The bloke is a fucking cretin.  

56 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Can you list the mountain of evidence? Bullet points are fine.

• DNA samples in the apartment, in the car and on items connected with Kate (e.g. cuddle cat);
  • Cadaver odour;
  • Changes of the McCanns story (e.g. from forced entry through the window shutters to walking through unlocked doors);
  • Behaviour of the McCanns (Kate refusing to answer questions under police caution, no physical search for Madeleine by the McCanns, refusing to take part in a police reconstruction, Kate washing cuddle cat before the dogs arrived);
  • Inconsistent statements of the McCanns' friends;
  • Staged crime scene; 
  • Lack of evidence Madeleine was alive from Sunday 29th April onwards (no photos, no corroborated sightings)