You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

South Park vs Family Guy...

Chris

Simple really... South Park or Family Guy  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Simple really... South Park or Family Guy

Gotta love it when The Simpsons took the piss out of Family Guy for being derivative. When Homer et al are in Italy, the Italian cops pull out a handbook of criminals. Peter Griffin is listed for the crime of Plagiarismo. Stan Smith from American Dad is Plagiarismo di Plagiarismo.

Apparently when South Park did their Cartoon Wars episodes, they got flowers from the Simpsons crew.

Is that off Wikipedia?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also an episode of The Simpsons with a machine making clones of Homer. One of the clones is Peter Griffin.

South Park for me, even though I'm not religiously into it, it still pisses all over Family Guy.

Why is youtube flooded with cunts? Why on earth would you think that when someone types in "Cartoon wars" that they'd like to see random clips of the show with fucking Disturbed playing over it? And why would I want to see you doing an Agent Smith scene in your garden with your sister; newsflash, I don't, I want the scene from the film jackass.

Why won't nerds just stick to ripping stuff I want to watch and putting it on there instead of pretending that they are cool. YOU ARE NOT. YOU ARE NERDS. STICK TO WHAT YOU CAN DO WELL.

I love them both and watch both regularly.

However, they are hysterically funny for two completely different reasons. If you've ever seen the SP episode "cartoon wars" comparing the two, they outline why both shows rule. But that's also the reason why SP is better.

Family Guy could never keep up w/ SP. SP episodes only take a week to make, where FG takes months. That's why SP is consistently relevant. they aren't in the same league for that reason alone.

The simpsons btw, should have tied before season 10 was allowed to happen...

I love them both and watch both regularly.

However, they are hysterically funny for two completely different reasons. If you've ever seen the SP episode "cartoon wars" comparing the two, they outline why both shows rule. But that's also the reason why SP is better.

Family Guy could never keep up w/ SP. SP episodes only take a week to make, where FG takes months. That's why SP is consistently relevant. they aren't in the same league for that reason alone.

The simpsons btw, should have tied before season 10 was allowed to happen...

Erm, and the fact that Trey Parker and Matt Stone are comedy genius' in a completely different universe of talent to the Family Guy writers.

Erm, and the fact that Trey Parker and Matt Stone are comedy genius' in a completely different universe of talent to the Family Guy writers.

again, they are two completely different shows. but Stone and Parker have a whole different way of creating an episode which allows them to be current. family guy relies on those pop-culture references that you almost completely forgot about that crack you up. but there's a reason they use them, b/c they aren't able to make episodes like SP. if SP was classic animation, it would be a completely different show.

again, they are two completely different shows. but Stone and Parker have a whole different way of creating an episode which allows them to be current. family guy relies on those pop-culture references that you almost completely forgot about that crack you up. but there's a reason they use them, b/c they aren't able to make episodes like SP. if SP was classic animation, it would be a completely different show.

The gulf in class is nothing to do with the style of animation. I end up seeing episodes ages after they are created, they are just superior, it's not about being up to date, it's about just being in the same class as the Python's or not being. Parker and Stone are.

The gulf in class is nothing to do with the style of animation. I end up seeing episodes ages after they are created, they are just superior, it's not about being up to date, it's about just being in the same class as the Python's or not being. Parker and Stone are.

one thing is for sure, Basketball certainly ruled (another reason why SP is better). I agree that Stone and Parker are in a league of their own compared to FG. But even in a minor league, family guy is still funny as hell if you have a liking for its sense of humor.

South Park is so much better for the following reasons:

Awesome-o

Butters

Mr Hankey

Chicken fucker

"Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet"

Mr Mackey

Woodland Critters Christmas

Goobacks

Cripple fight!!!

"Hey, ain't you that nigger guy?"

"Mom, kitty's being a dildo!" "Well I know a certain kitty that'll be sleeping with Mommy tonight"

Cartman feeding Scott Tenorman his own parents as chilli

Kyle's stereotype Jewish cousin Kyle

Finding out the Pope was supposed to be a rabbit

Cartman telling everyone Butters was gay because he put Butters' dick in his mouth and then the penny dropping

Starving Marvin

Cartman as the tooth fairy

The underpants gnomes

Paris Hilton's 'Stupid Whore Video Playset'

Professor Chaos

South Park is so much better for the following reasons:

Awesome-o

Butters

Mr Hankey

Chicken fucker

"Tom Cruise won't come out of the closet"

Mr Mackey

Woodland Critters Christmas

Goobacks

Cripple fight!!!

"Hey, ain't you that nigger guy?"

"Mom, kitty's being a dildo!" "Well I know a certain kitty that'll be sleeping with Mommy tonight"

Cartman feeding Scott Tenorman his own parents as chilli

Kyle's stereotype Jewish cousin Kyle

Finding out the Pope was supposed to be a rabbit

Cartman telling everyone Butters was gay because he put Butters' dick in his mouth and then the penny dropping

Starving Marvin

Cartman as the tooth fairy

The underpants gnomes

Paris Hilton's 'Stupid Whore Video Playset'

Professor Chaos

They TOOK AR' JOBS!!!!!