You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nice tackle...

Captain

Norway's most promising talent Per Christian Skjelbred (18 ) suffered a horrendous injury last night when Olympiacos player Stoltidis broke both bones in the Rosenborg player's leg. I guess the picture says it all, not exactly going for the ball... Both teams' management say they heard the leg break, but the ref somehow decided not to send Stoltidis off despite being in perfect view of the situation, he just booked him. Just looking at the picture sends shivers down my spine!

1132780578.04569.jpg

This guy won the tv-show " be a pro" and was training with the under -18 in Liverpool some time ago.

he was actually offered a contract and the message he got when he left was that if he ever wanted to join he just had to give the club a call! Think he was 15 or 16 at the time, and I remember he was training with the u-19, u-17 and u-15 teams and it was the youngest ones that really impreesed him!

I just don't understand how a player can do that kind of shit to a fellow pro (especially an 18 year old kid) no matter who he plays for, what the history between the clubs is, whatever. OK you need hard men in your side, players who can take a knock and dish some out when needed (Stevie against Olympiakos...) but the best of them aren't thugs - rather they understand when and how to use those attributes. I can't think of many better examples than Gattuso. YES he's a dirty player when he has to be - it's part of his job in the team, but he's also pacy, skillful and he never stops looking for the ball. He'd have it for 90 minutes if he could.

Trouble is UEFA are such a fucking walkover that this knob will probably end up with at worst a 3 match ban and that's only if they "review" it, which they apparently don't hold with anyway. Must be because Champions League referees never make mistakes. That's lucky, eh?

I work in an office. If I strolled in tommorrow morning and went in on my boss like that, I'd obviously be sacked, but I'd also expect to be prosecuted for assault. The only reason that footballers don't (usually) have to face the same after a tackle like the one above is the unique nature of their job. That's all well and good - I don't agree with prosecutions for events on the pitch myself - but the other side of the coin is that "the football authorities" need to take responsibility for enforcing a comparably harsh punishment on the player involved. For the above, I deem a six month worldwide ban (including internationals) appropriate. Take him down...

And on a related theme, just how long is Fat Frank "I'm not as good as my dad and HE was shite anyway" Lampard going to get away with tackling over the ball? I started watching the cunt after he did Xabi and you see him do it SO many times, week after week. He's going to end or seriously affect someone's career before long if he keeps at it.

I reckon we set 'lil Luis on him when we play them at theirs in the CL - that'll fuck him up good and proper...

And on a related theme, just how long is Fat Frank "I'm not as good as my dad and HE was shite anyway" Lampard going to get away with tackling over the ball? I started watching the cunt after he did Xabi and you see him do it SO many times, week after week. He's going to end or seriously affect someone's career before long if he keeps at it.

I reckon we set 'lil Luis on him when we play them at theirs in the CL - that'll fuck him up good and proper...

Good luck to the lad.