You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Belfast

mattyq

On 07/08/2019 at 11:34, Bruce Spanner said:

McNasties Saturday night.

The Harp for the Sunday session.

Titanic Quarter for food and suchlike.

Ain’t much culture wise if you not in to the history of flags. Genuinely the tourist information centre is listed as one of the ‘Ten best things to do in Belfast’

Belfast is a cool little city, but a bit tense in patches. Just be cool and where your commemorative ‘I love Liz’ T-shirt and you’ll be fine. 

Now away, ya basta.

@TheBitch

It a really cool place.

• 2 weeks later...

Any new updates on Belfast? Headed there with the outlaws in a couple of weeks.

deffo headed the giants causeway, but recovering with a smashed up ankle so hopefully I can get around a decent amount of it. Gonna give port rush a look, and also bushmills.

father in law wanted to do the black taxi thing but I’m not sure, they’re a pair of blue blood Tories and he’s a brexiteer so it could get a bit to heated, disaster tourism seems a bit fucking heavy anyway.

1 hour ago, Dr Arthur De Sabre said:

Any new updates on Belfast? Headed there with the outlaws in a couple of weeks.

deffo headed the giants causeway, but recovering with a smashed up ankle so hopefully I can get around a decent amount of it. Gonna give port rush a look, and also bushmills.

father in law wanted to do the black taxi thing but I’m not sure, they’re a pair of blue blood Tories and he’s a brexiteer so it could get a bit to heated, disaster tourism seems a bit fucking heavy anyway.

Not sure about causeway with your ankle there is a bus that will take you down . But a definite must do and see  . As is the Bushmills distillery tour especially if bottling plant is running that particular day.  You will see the Royal golf course on your way to Portrush even if you not playing it a bit like walking around Turnberry kinda magical place (for a golfer) .  Good pint of Guinness in Harbour Bar wouldn't recommend anywhere to eat in Port can be ropey even at busy times of year .  Personally like going to Ballintoy harbour  and if I was pushed I would eat in Bothy (NB owned by Ashers) and for a sit down meal definitely recommend Tartine in Bushmills as the best value about.  Dark Hedges up the road and if you are into motor bike road racing  Ballymoney close and that's where  Joeys bar is full of memorabilia.  All the above within 10 miles of each other . 

Then get back to Belfast it's an absolutely hopping place  you cannot have a bad or disappointing night out .  

3 hours ago, clockspeed said:

Not sure about causeway with your ankle there is a bus that will take you down . But a definite must do and see  . As is the Bushmills distillery tour especially if bottling plant is running that particular day.  You will see the Royal golf course on your way to Portrush even if you not playing it a bit like walking around Turnberry kinda magical place (for a golfer) .  Good pint of Guinness in Harbour Bar wouldn't recommend anywhere to eat in Port can be ropey even at busy times of year .  Personally like going to Ballintoy harbour  and if I was pushed I would eat in Bothy (NB owned by Ashers) and for a sit down meal definitely recommend Tartine in Bushmills as the best value about.  Dark Hedges up the road and if you are into motor bike road racing  Ballymoney close and that's where  Joeys bar is full of memorabilia.  All the above within 10 miles of each other . 

Then get back to Belfast it's an absolutely hopping place  you cannot have a bad or disappointing night out .  

Cheers man, 9 weeks in on the ankle with a fair bit of metal, so walking and driving automatic but rope bridge may be a bit fucking much.

bollocks to the golf, the wife’s auld fella would probably love it like.

aye want to spend a bit of time in the actual city, we’re staying in the cathedral 1/4 so should be sound.