You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Meathead Culture

Section_31

Is spin good for shifting the belly, it's literally the only place I need to lose a little bit from and normal cardio in the gym bores me to tears.

Yep and around your hips as you are moving your legs constantly.

http://spinlife.spinning.com/top-10-benefits-ride-spinner-bike/

You need to do about 3 a week to really shift it though. A good session burns off about 600 calories. 625 if you have a wank after about the women you've been perving on.

Some fuckin steg ead in work. His name is Simon and everyone calls him '6 eggs Simon', cos, you guessed it! He goes to the canteen and just orders 6 eggs on their own on a plate and just eats them. The thing is, he's a fat bastard, just his chest, shoulders and arms are huge! He slugs them protein shakes back like they're going out of fashion.

Those promax shakes are a fucking rip off as well. They are 45 quid in Asda and you barely get half a tub of powder. Home and Bargain sell bigger tubs for about 18 quid.

There's a series of scally lads I work with, they all go the gym over the road at lunch and have been doing so for a few years yet they have Atari stick man arms and come back into work without looking like they've broken sweat. One prepares all those wanky tupperware meals with tuna and cherry tomatoes in the kitchen yet it doesn't have much effect.

Those promax shakes are a fucking rip off as well. They are 45 quid in Asda and you barely get half a tub of powder. Home and Bargain sell bigger tubs for about 18 quid.

There's a series of scally lads I work with, they all go the gym over the road at lunch and have been doing so for a few years yet they have Atari stick man arms and come back into work without looking like they've broken sweat. One prepares all those wanky tupperware meals with tuna and cherry tomatoes in the kitchen yet it doesn't have much effect.

Seems a waste that. The diet is the hard part for me. These guys are putting all that work in prepping, and going to the gym and must be doing fuck all. The gym's the fun part!

That's where I totally fail. No way could I stick to or be arsed weighing out my 1 oz of skinless chicken and quarter of a carrot. And following all the protein power malarkey.

There are lads in my gym who seem to have their lives mapped around when their next shake is.

I'm more of the go to the gym for an hour or so and eat and drink shite all week.

• Upvote 1

I did it for years and only stopped about a month ago. Realised I'd put on a tonne of weight and was obviously not counting everything recently, or having pizzas and chinese and not caring if I'm way over my cals. I've jacked it in and am trying intermittent fasting. Basically I only eat between 1pm and 9pm and try and have reasonable portions. Seems to be working a bit so far. I was never mad about breakfast anyway and after a couple of days you stop getting hungry until lunch time anyway. I even cycled to work (17 miles) and still wasn't hungry until about 12:30.

In about twenty years is there going to be a problem because people have put too much protein in their system?

From things I have read, the hypothesis that this diet leads to kidney/liver problems is inaccurate, but I don't know. We shouldn't really need 20 years to know though. Bodybuilding blew up a few decades ago so there should be evidence out there now, one way or another.

You've started a gym thread Sesch.

I know, they're everywhere. if the sitcom Bread was made today it'd be about some Raul Moat lookalike who doesn't eat carbs.

things like this make me glad Purps exists, someone has to protect men like us from a universe that doesn't share our sense of right and wrong.