You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

One of my old mates just on the Andrew Marr Show, Maros Stefcovic EU vice president, speaking like butter wouldn't melt in his hate filled mouth.

'Interesting' fella is my mate Maros. Slovakian Christian leader who opposed gay marriage and same sex unions, opposed a treaty giving protection for women suffering domestic violence and pushed for a fast track to deport migrants, big on low taxation, not so big on social projects for those pesky poor people. The cunt makes Jacob Rees Mogg look like Fidel Castro, although I'd suggest Jacob and Maros would get on like a house on fire.

The last time he stood for election (this is where it gets good) in his own country of  Slovakia the good people of that country kicked his right wing arse all the way back to Brussels, he got a paultry 18% of the vote despite being the stand out candidate, good on the people of Slovakia.

Let's not put a bad man down and the Spanners and EU dignitaries of this world seem eager to give Europes EU far right wingers a good strong voice. Baros, to his credit (and the eu's shame) is now doing very very well for himself in the oh so democratic eu where thankfully for him but unfortunately for the people of Europe he's shielded from seeing another voter. 

In short, the mans a thundercunt.

"Maroš Šefčovič - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroš_Šefčovič

Have a bit of that Maros, and well done to the people of Slovakia for seeing and rejecting hate and corruption,

"Slovak president race: upstart vs. EU official in runoff" https://apnews.com/article/beda4d01a51e40049e342c0982c9e96b

'Bloody brexit' chapter 146.

Jokes aside Becketts bang on the money with this tweet, Covid/Brexit has given workers a seldom seen chance to demand the rewards of their worth. We can't throw this away.

If people choose to look this gift horse in the mouth because of some stange allegiance to Brussels (or stubbornly failing to admit leaving the EU DID produce certain benefits) the low paid workers of Britain will imo never forgive the Labour Party.

"Job vacancies hit record high as post-pandemic labour market continues recovery | Business News | Sky News" https://news.sky.com/story/amp/job-vacancies-hit-record-high-as-post-pandemic-labour-market-continues-recovery-12431812

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

'Bloody brexit' chapter 146.

Jokes aside Becketts bang on the money with this tweet, Covid/Brexit has given workers a seldom seen chance to demand the rewards of their worth. We can't throw this away.

If people choose to look this gift horse in the mouth because of some stange allegiance to Brussels (or stubbornly failing to admit leaving the EU DID produce certain benefits) the low paid workers of Britain will imo never forgive the Labour Party.

"Job vacancies hit record high as post-pandemic labour market continues recovery | Business News | Sky News" https://news.sky.com/story/amp/job-vacancies-hit-record-high-as-post-pandemic-labour-market-continues-recovery-12431812

I don't get your electoral reasoning at all.

Literally nobody in the labour movement is arguing that workers should have less pay or power. If we leave pay & conditions to market forces of supply and demand, complacently and misguidedly pretending that all our problems are over because we've kicked the foreigners out, then we'll get fucked over when the pandemic restrictions are lifted. Also, if we trumpet the current sector-specific, temporary payrises as if they are something more general, more durable and mainly due to Brexit, then you might as well stuff the ballot boxes for the cunts who promised to"Get Brexit Done".

On 19/11/2021 at 16:40, Gnasher said:

That goes for a few it seems, scroll up. Their are non so blind that cannot see.

I've just scrolled up about a dozen pages.

There's not one word in support or defence of Two Sisters. There are a few posters pointing out that the kind of shite that Two Sisters get up to are likely to get worse in the uber-Capitalist hellscape that Johnson and the ERG want from Brexit.

On 19/11/2021 at 13:02, Gnasher said:

Off the top of my head, bar for the usual routes,

A; Appreciation...if people didn't appreciate key workers/low paid workers before Covid/Brexit (Covid especially I grant) then they do now.

B; Support, if for example a group of workers are forced into industrial action over wages it's up to the country to now support them instead of being moaning over shortages due to the withdrawal of labour.

C; Solidarity, showing employers how much these workers are valued and how much we depend on them. The public should be clear if employers don't play fair with workers their products will now be boycotted. 

D; Rejection of flown in, bussed in labour to fill gaps, just as pickets vented fury at workers bussed through picket lines in 70s 80s, the days of flying in cheap labour must be seen to be over ( think them poor Romanian veg pickers flown on chartered planes here to covid Island at the height of the pandemic) , not the workers fault but it can no longer be deemed acceptable. If we go sort of certain foods/items then sorry but tough.

A. Will not influence wages in any way.

B.  I'm not convinced that the country where The S*n is the best-selling paper and the Tories were elected with a huge majority is ready to support widespread strikes.

C.  See B.

D.  This is the opposite of solidarity. There is no comparison between strikers venting their anger at scabs and what you're proposing, one group of workers rejecting another group of workers on the basis of their nationality.

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There's not one word in support or defence of Two Sisters. There are a few posters pointing out that the kind of shite that Two Sisters get up to are likely to get worse in the uber-Capitalist hellscape that Johnson and the ERG want from Brexit.

Take the rose tinted glasses off Angry ffs, it's the reason Labour are still behind in the polls. 

Do you agree with Skend that people on low income who have no choice but to buy affordable supermarket chicken is the reason why wages have to be "suppressed" ?? Oh do fuck off.

It's a post thatd be welcomed on ' right wing glory boys'

On 11/11/2021 at 18:51, skend04 said:

Here we go then. The issues on the Belarus Poland border have nothing to do with this thread as the UK decided it didn't want to be in the EU, isn't in Poland nor is in Belarus or even in Eastern Europe. Hope this helps whilst you buy your cheap meat and complain about 2 Sisters.

Looks like Angry in his defence of the EU and billionaire capitalists didn't scroll up enough.

3 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

None so blind as those capitalists who cannot see.

I

12 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Take the rose tinted glasses off Angry ffs, it's the reason Labour are still behind in the polls. 

Do you agree with Skend that people on low income who have no choice but to buy affordable supermarket chicken is the reason why wages have to be "suppressed" ?? Oh do fuck off.

It's a post thatd be welcomed on ' right wing glory boys'

Stop making shit up to try and change the subject.

You said posters have been justifying the actions of Two Sisters. They haven't; you lied. Admit it and move on.

12 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Ask Skend what he thinks of Two Sisters Angry? Go on. Ask the forum. 

Just don't ask the people who work there and log on to this forum because the reality may differ from social media whitewashing which companies are prone to do.

It's self-evident that he thinks shitty employers in the meat industry are part of a low-pay, low-standards Capitalist system (which the millionaire backers of Brexit who are now in Government hope to make worse). Capitalism drives competition on artificially low prices, which is used to force down wages and standards (and drive up profits). And it's self-evident that he thinks that anyone who claims to care about that exploitative system (as you do) should be consistent and opt out of that system by refusing to buy meat at a price where it can only be produced by exploitation.

Now - either show me the bit where Skend or anybody else either defend or support the actions of Two Sisters or try to "whitewash" anything, or admit that you lied.

Another Brexit bonus - NAO confirms that Covid planning was shitter than it should have been, at least in part because planning resources were devoted to the self-harming shitshow.

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-59342607&h=AT26sJapiuMgVBXmbw0o_3d41jJDWeNEHWCfia7dM_NcyA4gnDWKOag1INvbbL34E1JBup_6qpBNbCxFrE4lwExY3aX3dO45R0rw54LtY8ZyiGWc3M_IQ0d-glqj0uOWwQ

Screenshot_2021-11-22-17-38-49-01_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

On 11/11/2021 at 10:40, skend04 said:

You eat cheap meat you fucking hypocrite. I bet you hang round the meat aisle until a whole chicken is 50p. If you and your fellow Kippers didn't eat cheap meat every day there wouldn't be the pressure to continually reduce wages.

Angry, you don't consider the above post a defence of poultry factory bosses? Really. 

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Stop making shit up to try and change the subject.

You said posters have been justifying the actions of Two Sisters. They haven't; you lied. Admit it and move on.

They have justified their actions actually. You lied and I'll move on at my choosing.

Skend04 believes a firm that made 60 million quid have an excuse to keep wages low because some people can only afford cheap meat. It's in the post above. His argument is both ridiculous and patronising, it's the type of shit that comes out of the mouths of right wing tory councillors when caught off guard.

16 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Haha, nope. I just got tired of Gnasher and have been mocking his posting for a while now. I should really grow up.

So you just got tired and decided to defend billionaire poultry owners paying workers peanuts, as you do, and Angry, a trade union representative jumped in with both feet to defend it, oh well.

18 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Haha, nope. I just got tired of Gnasher and have been mocking his posting for a while now. I should really grow up.

You've got a chance to grow up but I doubt you'll ever grow out of being a closet tory.

I think the 'many a true word said in haste' is close to the butchers bone on you mocking poor people who can only afford cheaper cuts of meat in supermarkets eh?

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

None of this happened.

Yes it did. Its there in black and white Angry. 

"If you didn't eat cheap meat  then they wouldn't be under pressure to continually reduce wages"

He's implying it's the poor people who can only afford cheap meat who are to blame for their own low wages and you're defending him.