You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Destiny

Reacher

It's a weird one, I was really excited for it, but I think - like Titanfall - I hit the beta too hard and now I'm just kinda thinking "is that it?"

I like the character persistence, shooting mechanics and loot cycle.

However, the AI is pretty weak, and the environments are barren.

I'm still playing, and enjoying it, but the lingering thought of trading it in at some point is growing in my mind.

Maybe I just need to give it a rest for a day or two and come back to it. Some of the rushed reviews seem harsh because you can tell the reviewers have had to play 30 + hours in the space of a few days which'll lead anyone to feel the game's monotonous.

Not as open world, and far too linear than I was hoping for but enjoying it none the less. The loading screens only serve to drag you out of the game after the 50th time you sit there watching the same background.

Still waiting for the truly great open world FPS (Planetside 1 and Firefall came close probably best i've played of that type and by no means perfect).

What else changes once you hit level 20 add I read the game becomes different somehow?

Level 12 now and starting to get some decent weapons and armour so may even venture back online soon.

What level do you class as decent weapons wise? Mine are high 90's early 100's but don't seem that good in multiplayer?

Absolutely love this game, I usually quite like shooters but have been crap at them. I'm not sure what's different about this one but I went on a 12 man Kill/streak last night and I've had a few tens too. Fives aren't uncommon. So really enjoying it. I still have stinkers where I really struggle but I find the whole team is doing badly usually.

At level twenty you need to stack light in your armour to get above the level twenty soft cap.

Also most of the multiplayer modes normalise your damage so it doesn't matter if you have a better rifle they will do similar damage. The perks on the armour come out I think. But most the stuff is evened out so it doesn't matter If you're level 7 or 20. Except on the iron banner that takes the level normalisation off.

Absolutely love this game, I usually quite like shooters but have been crap at them. I'm not sure what's different about this one but I went on a 12 man Kill/streak last night and I've had a few tens too. Fives aren't uncommon. So really enjoying it. I still have stinkers where I really struggle but I find the whole team is doing badly usually.

At level twenty you need to stack light in your armour to get above the level twenty soft cap.

Also most of the multiplayer modes normalise your damage so it doesn't matter if you have a better rifle they will do similar damage. The perks on the armour come out I think. But most the stuff is evened out so it doesn't matter If you're level 7 or 20. Except on the iron banner that takes the level normalisation off.

Good to know. When you reach level 20 where do you get the 'light' armour?

Good to know. When you reach level 20 where do you get the 'light' armour?

I've got a piece in end game cruicible but that was just lucky. You get it from the end game level 20+ strikes that appear next to the crucible circle when you hit level 20 or the vanguard and the other faction reward when you have earned enough rep and tokens to buy them in the city. Any level 20 - 26 dungeon seems to be the most reliable way of picking them up.

But it's all luck based so can take a good while to get any or you might get lucky and pick a few pieces up easily. I've got two blues and I am at level 21 ATM.

I over-levelled a bit, largely by accident as I was doing Patrols and fannying about trying out new weapons. I ended up taking on the Moon Strike at level 14 (it's supposed to be for level 8) and still found it ridiculously hard.

The Earth Strike gave you areas where you were relatively safe, and you could just spam the enemy. This one made me feel like Mo Farah with a gun, just doing laps of the area for twenty minutes, pausing just to shoot a couple of enemies, revive someone, and loose off a few shots at the boss, then I was back on the run again.

I've been pretty impressed with the randoms I've met. We failed the Strike several times, and yet no one quit. Needless to say I broke out in a victory dance when it was finally over. Epic fight.

I over-levelled a bit, largely by accident as I was doing Patrols and fannying about trying out new weapons. I ended up taking on the Moon Strike at level 14 (it's supposed to be for level 8) and still found it ridiculously hard.

The Earth Strike gave you areas where you were relatively safe, and you could just spam the enemy. This one made me feel like Mo Farah with a gun, just doing laps of the area for twenty minutes, pausing just to shoot a couple of enemies, revive someone, and loose off a few shots at the boss, then I was back on the run again.

I've been pretty impressed with the randoms I've met. We failed the Strike several times, and yet no one quit. Needless to say I broke out in a victory dance when it was finally over. Epic fight.

Yeah I found that strike a bit of a nightmare the first time I did it. It wasn't too bad then the end boss was an absolute nightmare as there were so many adds.

Yeah I found that strike a bit of a nightmare the first time I did it. It wasn't too bad then the end boss was an absolute nightmare as there were so many adds.

I think we tackled it wrong, we started shooting the boss straight away rather than clearing the room, which only ended up freeing it.

The boss battles are tough, but I'd prefer to see the difficulty raised because of the main enemy, rather than the endless waves spawning from nowhere. Still, I suppose it makes sure you have enough ammo to continue the fight.

I completed the one on earth last night with a couple of randoms. Me and another guy were level 10 and the other was level 17 and whilst it wasn't too much of a struggle it was still fairly challenging.

There are a couple of large bosses to fight off but there is plenty to hide behind.

Might try the moon one tonight and see how I get on.

I'm up for a clan/raid/fire team. Some of the PvP event are timed, they haven't given specifics though.

Yeah I am up for it.

Yep, count me in.

I will get a clan sorted. It will more than likely be tomorrow now due going to Anfield in 1 hour.

Don't you have to be level 20 to get the weekly challenges?

My PSN is AJBlaikie. 

I will get a clan sorted. It will more than likely be tomorrow now due going to Anfield in 1 hour.

Don't you have to be level 20 to get the weekly challenges?

My PSN is AJBlaikie.

Yep same. Just walking to the station to get the train now. So won't be on either. I'll add you tomorrow I'll be on all day with a mate.

This game is ace. Am just getting a few patrol missions under my belt for a bounty before going to the Moon for the story. Lvl 7 at the moment.

The level 5 mission took a few goes with those waves of Hive pricks. Was so satisfying to stick that Knight with a throwing dagger on one of my goes. Then there was ANOTHER wave...