You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Baggies want Traore!

Saw this on skysports.com this morning...

Help yourself lads!! Why not go for a double and you can have Biscan for a fiver too!

This has been a great 'off-season' already!! First Heskey, now Traore! Keep it up!

Was in yesterday's Echo too. Obviously I'd take it, but there are others I'd rather go before Djimi.

Diouf, Diao, Biscan, Luzi, Cheyrou. Have I missed anyone?

Personally, I would pay Brom to take him!

As you say Dave, pehaps not the worst culprit but it's a good start! Gave me the fear every time I saw his name on the teamsheet!

Maybe the new manager can get the best out of Zidane II! He's probably the one name you mentioned that I'd actually keep at the club.

I'm not so sure. I still haven't forgiven Cheyrou for Palace at home.

That was without a shadow of a doubt THE most pathetic individual performance I've ever seen from a player at Anfield.

He just took the fucking piss.

All hope I had for him left me that night. He has the talent but I fear that, like Emily, he lacks the heart. And that can't be coached unfortunately.

Glad he was at the Chelsea game though!

It's a tricky one isn't it? How much affect will the new manager have on these players' attitudes? Diouff has potential, seems to like playing in the reserves (where he plays as one of them striker thingys) but not for the 1st team (right wing). His record this season is deplorable (as is his attitude) and he should probably be sacked for it, but should we forget that he's been African Nations player of the year twice, and the top teams in Europe were climbing over themselves to sign him after the world cup. I remember feeling very smug that we'd already got him. That feeling has gone.

There are plenty of players that need to go, but the likes of Cheyrou and Diouff could be worth keeping if the new manager feels he can get the best out of them. Attitude transplants are definatley necessary though.

Diouf has shown plenty of signs of his obvious talent, but his attitude stinks. Benitez wanted to sign him when we got him, so maybe he'll want him to stay on. If he does get a second chance, he needs to sort his act out, and stay out of Mosquito and the other nightspots he lives in. I don't think he can, but maybe he'll grow up a bit and stay. Doubt it though.

As for Cheyrou, he has not shown hardly anything, not even in the reserves. He can finish, I'll give him that. Each of his goals were taken expertly. But other than that he's been a huge disappointment.

It's easy to mock Houllier over the 'some of the things he does remind me of Zidane' comment (and God knows I have done), but to be honest when Cheyrou first arrived I could sort of see what he meant. It wasn't the wisest thing to say, and came back to haunt him in a big way, but that Lazio game Cheyrou was ace.

The way he moved, his comfort on the ball and the grace he had on the field were somewhat reminiscent of ZZ. But what happened? The Cheyrou I've seen since then has been largely abysmal. He must have talent, he wouldn't have got as far as he has without it. But something is missing.

Tom says it's heart. He's probably right. Remember that pre-season game at Chester when we lost 1-0? Someone kicked him early on (may have been Harkness), and from then on he didn't want to know. As soon as he got the ball he was wanting to get rid before he got kicked again.

But it's not just that, it's confidence. His confidence is so low that he may never get it back. You can see it, when even the most basic ten yard pass is going into touch. That's not because he can't play, as even I can master that particular skill and I'm shite. It's solely down to confidence.

If we could get him playing like the Cheyrou who starred for Lille, then he'd be worth keeping. Sadly, I think it's too late for that as his confidence is shot to pieces, and most fans have a very low opinion of him based on what they've seen.

That's why I'd get rid, and it's the same with Biscan. He looked fucking awesome to begin with, but once again it's a confidence thing. Igor's was drained away through playing out of position, and even though he got it back gradually, it only takes one mistake to get those doubts back in his mind.

And it only takes that one mistake to re-enforce the opinion amongst many supporters that he's shit.

Players like Biscan and Cheyrou need a clean slate at another club to get their confidence back in my opinion.

I'll be glad to see the back of Traore. Yes he has sometimes looked good when played at centre back but he scares me every time he goes for, or has, the ball. I agree that with him, and players like Biscan and Diouf, their poor form has been mostly down to lack of motivation and guidance. Saying that, I think Cheyrou and Diouf should be shown the door along with Traore and some of the others.

Why didnt we accept Blackburns offer for Traore when it was a good offer? ;)

I feel a bit sorry for Djimi. I think he has put in some great performances at Centre-back. He should never have been played at left-back, and I think he has suffered from confidence a bit. Saying that, he should not be in the first team, and at 24 there is no point of him staying around really. I'd rather him go than stand in the way of palyers like Raven,Whitbread,Medjani etc..

Anyway, you cannot have a centre back who is not comfortable on the ball. I get nervous every time Djimi has the ball at his feet, and so does he it looks like. He is so one-footed it in unbelievable ( bar that goal in Europe!)

He had "potential" but never fulfilled it, so it is certainly time for him to go.

I'd rather get shut of players with shite attitudes like Diouf and Cheyrou. I don't care about their ability, they will never do it in the prem. because they have no guts and couldn't give a shit.

What a let down Diouf has been. His attitude has been terrible. He should be the next one out, without question...

Then again, you can only sell the players you get offers for, so i don't think anyone will regret selling Djimi!!

I agree, youngsters are for potential. I don't care how good Cheyrou could be at 26. My fear is that we won't get much of a fee for these players.