You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Disneyland Paris

Anny Road

I went about 10 years ago and it was good.

I remember thinking at the time how expensive all the Disney merchandise is though.

I wouldn't be able to recommend anything, as I suspect it is all different now.

A week?? Ye Gods, you poor bastard!

Seriously, it's tiny. You can do both parks in a day. If you want to go snail's pace and explore every single nook and cranny, two day's tops.

On the plus side, you can get a train into Paris itself and there's loads of cool stuff for the kids to do. I'd recommend Le Jardin d'Acclimatation , up near the Bois do Boulogne. Dead easy to get to on the metro. My kids loved it.

As for Disney, I fucking loathe the place with every fibre of my being. However, kids fucking adore it, so keep a smile on your face and pretend you're enjoying being fleeced.

I've been twice and had very different experiences on the 2 visits. There are so many variables with these things.....

My first visit was probably my first trip as an adult to a theme park. I'm not really into these kind of things myself. We went for the day with my son when he was about 5ish. It was early September, not very warm and then it started to rain and didnt stop. It was grim and came away with the feeling that they were just trying to fleece you round every corner (and the It's a small world after all song going round inmy head for days afterwards.)

The second time I went (dont know why I was going again after that first trip) we had number 2 by then. We went earlier in the summer, the weather was fantastic and we had a great time. I think I had probably chilled a bit more to these kind of things by then too. Again, we only went for the day and given the ages of the kids spent all day in the Disney bit and didnt get as far as Universal Studios but found more than enough to keep us occupied.

I dont know how the size of the Universal Studios bit compares to the Disney bit but I'm thinking you probably couldnt get more than about 3 days out of the 2 combined???

I would definitely recommend SKI's advice to include a trip(s) to Paris. We went in on the train (I dont know why but I always like train trips when I'm in other countries) and that worked really well.

I've been twice. It's decent enough.

If you've been to Florida then this isn't gonna be any good. Disneyland Paris is like what would happen if DisneyWorld (Florida) took a shit.

Got to agree with Liz and say that a week is too long. I've been there twice, both for 4 days and thats long enough. The kids will love it though and Disney is the best for going all out. I enjoyed my time there and its only an hour on a plane so it's not to bad.

Just go with the flow and watched the kids go nuts.

A week?? Ye Gods, you poor bastard!

Seriously, it's tiny. You can do both parks in a day. If you want to go snail's pace and explore every single nook and cranny, two day's tops.

On the plus side, you can get a train into Paris itself and there's loads of cool stuff for the kids to do. I'd recommend Le Jardin d'Acclimatation , up near the Bois do Boulogne. Dead easy to get to on the metro. My kids loved it.

As for Disney, I fucking loathe the place with every fibre of my being. However, kids fucking adore it, so keep a smile on your face and pretend you're enjoying being fleeced.

Everything she says, We did two days the first time we went, we only ever do a day trip now. I think the trick is to know what's worth going to and what's not. I didn't find the merchendise as much of a rip off as the parks over here though. Give the kids a budget and that's that. And they don't get to spend it till the end of the day or you're lugging it around all day.

I've been twice and had very different experiences on the 2 visits. There are so many variables with these things.....

My first visit was probably my first trip as an adult to a theme park. I'm not really into these kind of things myself. We went for the day with my son when he was about 5ish. It was early September, not very warm and then it started to rain and didnt stop. It was grim and came away with the feeling that they were just trying to fleece you round every corner (and the It's a small world after all song going round inmy head for days afterwards.)

The second time I went (dont know why I was going again after that first trip) we had number 2 by then. We went earlier in the summer, the weather was fantastic and we had a great time. I think I had probably chilled a bit more to these kind of things by then too. Again, we only went for the day and given the ages of the kids spent all day in the Disney bit and didnt get as far as Universal Studios but found more than enough to keep us occupied.

I dont know how the size of the Universal Studios bit compares to the Disney bit but I'm thinking you probably couldnt get more than about 3 days out of the 2 combined???

I would definitely recommend SKI's advice to include a trip(s) to Paris. We went in on the train (I dont know why but I always like train trips when I'm in other countries) and that worked really well.

You arse! I started singing that half way through the sentence.

Universal is a half day place - We planned on a whole day for the second day of our first trip, by 1pm we were back in Disney. Hollywood tower and what ever the aerosmith ride is called are the only two worth the wait IMO.

My advise, get a map and work out where you want to go, and for the love of god, avoid the small world - it's ten minutes of your life you'll never get back with the added boot of feeling traumatised afterwards.

As long as the kids enjoy it I couldn't give a fuck. That's a given.

Only problem is I have a pathological hatred of being ripped off. I don't mind paying for outstanding service, that's why I was all for the States, cracking service. Cannot see the cheese eating surrender monkeys scoring big here.

As for it being an hour flight. I fucking wish I have a hour flight in a propeller job to get to Edinburgh

I assume you're not self catering? it cost me 60euros for the equivalent of a macdonalds in there for us. I took butty's with us the next time.

B&B in Sequora Lodge or some shit. It looks like Seaforth without the decent boozers.

Tried to book 1 night in the Paris Ritz for 2 adults 2 kids £1900. So thats a no. I have spent a bit of time in Paris so will treat the wife to a Champagne and Mussel lunch at a 5 star place and buzz off the kids for the rest of the time.

B&B in Sequora Lodge or some shit. It looks like Seaforth without the decent boozers.

Tried to book 1 night in the Paris Ritz for 2 adults 2 kids £1900. So thats a no. I have spent a bit of time in Paris so will treat the wife to a Champagne and Mussel lunch at a 5 star place and buzz off the kids for the rest of the time.

2 adults, 2 kids, Paris, get an apartment. HouseTrip or some such, much better deal than hotels. Stay in town, spend about 1/2 h in Disneyland, it sucks big time, then do the interesting stuff, such as nice dinners, bars, clubs, concerts, museums, movies, just sitting in cafes.

Went to the Florida one many years ago. Great weather, friendly helpful staff, ultra clean, great atmosphere and good experience all round. Then went to the French one; crap weather, rude unhelpful staff, popcorn and crisp wrappers strewn everywhere, filthy dirty, rip off prices...just sheer utter misery. That was a while back though - maybe its changed? Nah, it's France - the whole country is like that. Alton Towers is better value and more fun.