You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone rate Keiron Dyer?

Mark P

At this stage of each man's career, Dyer is easily the better player. However, whether the baggage that he brings with him is worth it is another question. For some reason or another, Kieron Dyer is constantly surrounded by some sort of trouble, and whatever is splashed around about Gerard Houllier, he's kept this football club off the front pages ever since he got here.

Oh come on! How can you not rate him? Great player. Fast, goalscoring midfielder who holds a position on the wing.

Saying all that, I'd sooner have Wright-Phillips or maybe Jermain Jenus.

Let's just wait until the summer to see which over-rated French nobodies our illustrious coach buys!

Oh come on! How can you not rate him? Great player. Fast, goalscoring midfielder who holds a position on the wing.

Saying all that, I'd sooner have Wright-Phillips or maybe Jermain Jenus.

Let's just wait until the summer to see which over-rated French nobodies our illustrious coach buys!

i'm asking this as i honestly don't know, but how many goals has dyer scored in the last 2 years? i know he has a reputation for scoring, it's just i don't remember seeing it too often.

i'm asking this as i honestly don't know, but how many goals has dyer scored in the last 2 years? i know he has a reputation for scoring, it's just i don't remember seeing it too often.

Don't know how many he's scored this season (not many) but he's had at least one bad injury hasn't he? Last season he was on fire and got his England call up as a result didn't he?

i got some league stats from the premier league web site (doesn't include cup games)

looks like 1 goal from 8 shots in 23 appearances this season. he's played 2085 minutes - so he's not been so good if you can believe the stats. certainly not a goal scoring midfielder this year.

a lot of people have slagged kewells contribution this season (although I think he's been ok) but he's scored 7 goals with 54 shots in 34 games (playing 3054 minutes).

now imagine if kewell had only contributed to us what dyer has to newcastle this season, plus you've got all the off pitch baggage - imagine the sh1te he would have got.

I saw him do the H*skey type goal celebration once, so he has at least scored one goal! And that alone is a reason not to buy him! ;)... Seriously though, he is a good player but far too injury proned to be worth risking on. We already have Owen, Kirkland, Henchoz, Smicer, Finnan who are often injuried. Dont need another one. Would just add another excuse on the table for the management team! ;)

I saw him do the H*skey type goal celebration once, so he has at least scored one goal! And that alone is a reason not to buy him! ;)... ;)

And by that i mean the goal celebration, not the goal as a reason not to buy him! ;)