You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ace this!

"N'gog: "I am not PLAYING. I shall look at the others, relaxed, kick back a little Rum and listen to the sounds of Marvin Gaye - my mood is chilled, is pleasure, is grapes served by 16yo virgins, each Cuckoo cooked with tremendous expertise upon individual teeth of a tiger. My style, my play - is EXOTIC"

For those who don't get it, familiarise yourself with these:

The Liverpool Way - Threads Tagged with amazing joke

Like your first exposure to Zappa or Beefheart. A blank incomprehension gives way, synapse by synapse, to the creeping realisation that you may be in the presence of a once in a generation talent.

From irritating, borderline gibberish to irony laced layers of meaning and untouched depths of humour. This is living proof that by digging deeper within himself, the artist truly tells us more about ourselves.

Having said that, Frank Zappa is fucking shit so perhaps there's a sub-text there, who knows?

• 4 months later...