You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC suggest Texas Court Case Was adjourned to allow sale time to Mill Financial

HBenn

The BBC are suggesting that the Judge adjourned the court case in America yesterday at 14.30 (as we know) to allow Hicks time to do a deal with Mill Financial. I am sorry but how can that qualify as an allowable reason to adjourn this particular case. That has got to be a reason to sue the court alone surely?

The BBC are suggesting that the Judge adjourned the court case in America yesterday at 14.30 (as we know) to allow Hicks time to do a deal with Mill Financial. I am sorry but how can that qualify as an allowable reason to adjourn this particular case. That has got to be a reason to sue the court alone surely?

But if he did a deal while the court was adjourned he'd be in breach of his own injunction and in contempt of court both sides of the pond.

I agree, actually announcing the deal is against the court order but sounding people out and setting up a deal is probably not but the point is that they are saying that the court adjourned specifically to give him time to do this - that surely cannot be allowable!

It was obvious last night that the Texan judge adjourned the hearing for that very reason. The judge knew that, eventually, he had to cede to the authourity of the High Court ruling, but by stalling the decision he's deliberately given Hicks valuable time to put together a deal.

The problem is, how the fuck could we prove the judge the adjourned the hearing for this reason? If he is in cohorts wih Hicks, he's not likely to admit to it, so, barring some discarded scrap of paper turning up that shows the judge stalled the hearing for that reason, we're fucked on that account. Likewise the argument that, by not informing that same Texan judge of the High Court ruling when he first applied for the TRO, the TRO is thus 'illegal' is redundant - for that to be the case the judge would have to admit that he wouldn't have given the TRO if he was made aware of the HC ruling.

It was obvious last night that the Texan judge adjourned the hearing for that very reason. The judge knew that, eventually, he had to cede to the authourity of the High Court ruling, but by stalling the decision he's deliberately given Hicks valuable time to put together a deal.

The problem is, how the fuck could we prove the judge the adjourned the hearing for this reason? If he is in cohorts wih Hicks, he's not likely to admit to it, so, barring some discarded scrap of paper turning up that shows the judge stalled the hearing for that reason, we're fucked on that account. Likewise the argument that, by not informing that same Texan judge of the High Court ruling when he first applied for the TRO, the TRO is thus 'illegal' is redundant - for that to be the case the judge would have to admit that he wouldn't have given the TRO if he was made aware of the HC ruling.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious last night when he decided to wait until today to announce his decision that he was doing Hicks a favour, buying him more time.

Blatantly obvious, that was a 'friendly' judge. I've seen enough episodes of Dallas to know how this shit goes down. Thankfully they were outmanoevered by the 'home team'.

Guest Captain Jonjo

Hicks and Gillette should be counter sued for 1bn, and any money won can be invested in the club. Imagine if that happened, would be bloody awesome!

Guest Captain Jonjo

He can go out and take a loan from his buddies at mills and stripped of every assets he has, or be forced to live in the streets and work as a gigolo....

He can go out and take a loan from his buddies at mills and stripped of every assets he has, or be forced to live in the streets and work as a gigolo....

I want to see Hicks and Gillett as T'ham owners. I have heard Redknapp is impressed by both and I am sure they would develope a wonderful relationship togehter as they're all assholes. :P

I want to see Hicks and Gillett as T'ham owners. I have heard Redknapp is impressed by both and I am sure they would develope a wonderful relationship togehter as they're all assholes. :P

True.

Harry claimed all they had done were giving the manager too much money, and afterall that is the way Harry likes it.