You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have you heard that? I've heard that the players really respect him and want him to do well!

Will have been a story that has appeared over the last few weeks.

The players do not look happy on the pitch and clearly playing within themselves.

Gerrard was almost playing as a defensive midfielder against Blackpool until the second half when he was pushed further upfield.

It's not an agenda in the least, nor is it a 'ner ner ner ner we were right' pantomime. I don't need to give Gary Glitter half a dozen nights at my house to prove me right, 'cause I know what the outcome's gonna be. Bumming.

There's nothing to judge. Roy Hodgson isn't Liverpool manager because he's the best manager available, he's the Liverpool manager because the board wanted anyone but Bentiez.

You've totally pre-judged him and you've admitted to it in this post. Agree to disagree.

No mate, thats what they're sayin to the papers. It should be obvious to everyone to see the players are not enjoying what they're asked to do. You only have to look at their body language to see that.

This is the type of thing that was ridiculed when said about Benitez's teams.

Will have been a story that has appeared over the last few weeks.

The players do not look happy on the pitch and clearly playing within themselves.

Gerrard was almost playing as a defensive midfielder against Blackpool until the second half when he was pushed further upfield.

Well that's all from your perspective but you said that it's rumoured that the players don't rate Hodgson, so where have you heard that? I haven't heard anything of the such. If it's true then it's a big thing for me. It was a big thing under the last manager as well despite me constantly being told to 'fuck off, if the players don't like it then they can fuck off'.

It's funny how that has changed?

Guest TesticleOReilly
Are you 8?

Sorry, superfan, I'll go sit in the corner and be quiet.

You've totally pre-judged him and you've admitted to it in this post. Agree to disagree.

Brownie, whether you like it or not, Hodgson has guided us to the relegation places, not got one convincing performance from his team to make people think a turnaround is possible, and has given us the worst start we've had to a campaign in over half a century.

I am not pro-Rafa, nor am I anti-Roy. I am pro-LFC, and we're a fucking shambles under Roy Hodgson.

Well when he first went to Fulham, they struggled badly. I bet some of their fans thought, 'fucking hell, he got Blackburn relegated, and we haven't won any of our 6 games with him in charge, so let's get rid...'

Within a couple of years they were in the Uefa Cup Final and the fella was seen as a messiah. That's football for you and that's why I would never totally judge a manager over such a short period of time, although at the same time admitting that performances and results so far have been unacceptable.

Just look at the football he wants us to play though mate. Even last season when fulham where at their pomp they where nothing but a hard working, well organised direct footballing side. Now is that really the root you want this club to go down mate, coz I dont? I had enough of that in the latter days under Ged. Shankly would be turning in his grave if he knew this is the sort of football we are now resorting to, BECAUSE it was exactly this type of football he came and rescued us from in the first place.

Well when he first went to Fulham, they struggled badly. I bet some of their fans thought, 'fucking hell, he got Blackburn relegated, and we haven't won any of our 6 games with him in charge, so let's get rid...'

Within a couple of years they were in the Uefa Cup Final and the fella was seen as a messiah. That's football for you and that's why I would never totally judge a manager over such a short period of time, although at the same time admitting that performances and results so far have been unacceptable.

Hodgson made Fulham very difficult to beat as his whole philosphy is on becoming a strong defensive unit.

I can rememer when they came to Anfield and never crossed the halfway line until the 93rd minute.

Once the Fulham players adjusted to this defensive mindset they became a superb unit although especially away from home would rarely attack the opposition.

This is fine at Fulham when your happy just to avoid relegation.

The difference is this defensive mindset will not work at Liverpool as you have players geared up to attack.

Under the last regime our tactics were to control the game and press the opposition high up the field whereas now we are prepared to let the opponents have the ball and only close them down when they cross the halfway line.

We are clearly defending deeper hoping to invite pressure which hopefully will result in a quick swift counter attack.

Sorry, superfan, I'll go sit in the corner and be quiet.

Brownie, whether you like it or not, Hodgson has guided us to the relegation places, not got one convincing performance from his team to make people think a turnaround is possible, and has given us the worst start we've had to a campaign in over half a century.

I am not pro-Rafa, nor am I anti-Roy. I am pro-LFC, and we're a fucking shambles under Roy Hodgson.

You're right, so far we are a shambles and as things stand we are in the relegation zone. It's October though and we still have 31 games left to play in the league.

If this continues then obviously things change. To have made a decision already though, just goes against my general values as a football fan but I guess that's modern day football.

Hodgson made Fulham very difficult to beat as his whole philosphy is on becoming a strong defensive unit.

I can rememer when they came to Anfield and never crossed the halfway line until the 93rd minute.

Once the Fulham players adjusted to this defensive mindset they became a superb unit although especially away from home would rarely attack the opposition.

This is fine at Fulham when your happy just to avoid relegation.

The difference is this defensive mindset will not work at Liverpool as you have players geared up to attack.

Under the last regime our tactics were to control the game and press the opposition high up the field whereas now we are prepared to let the opponents have the ball and only close them down when they cross the halfway line.

We are clearly defending deeper hoping to invite pressure which hopefully will result in a quick swift counter attack.

None of that is new to me Coop, i've watched it myself. I was at the Sunderland game and I was pretty disgusted with how poor we were and how deep we sat.

Not so disgusted to demand a change though, after just 7 league games.

This is the type of thing that was ridiculed when said about Benitez's teams.

Good point. I've not forgotten how our senior players acted last season and it seems they might be upto their old tricks again. However comes in next must be strong enough to drop these fuckers if they dont perform and they must have the full backing of the board otherwise it's goin to happen all over again if and when we get a bad set of results.

This board has changed drastically over the last 5/6 years. When Benitez first came in and was doing poorly to begin with, the resounding feeling on here was of patience. Now, it's the total opposite.

It's got nothing to do with the board. The reason there was patience with Benitez was because he came here with a brilliant recent track record and was one of if not the most successful young managers in world football. However things turned out six years later, Hodgson's record is and was poor in comparison.

None of that is new to me Coop, i've watched it myself. I was at the Sunderland game and I was pretty disgusted with how poor we were and how deep we sat.

Not so disgusted to demand a change though, after just 7 league games.

I agree mate 7 league games is too early but i would loathe to be going into the transfer window and letting Hodgson spend our budget if we are still struggling.

There has to be a point where you say enough is enough and cut our losses if the form continues.

I think we have Everton, Bolton, Blakcburn and Chelsea coming up and i have to be honest i would predict 3 points from those 4 games.

If that is the case then we could potentially have 9 points from 11 games (even worse if points get docked from administration) and that is serious relegation form.

Of course there is the flip side to that and we could get 9 or even 12 points from those games and be right up there challenging for Europe but at this point in time im not confident.

At what point Ian would you say is the time when you would think about sacking the manager.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Brownie, I agree, we are not a club that sacks it's managers, but we're also not a club that sits in the relegation places, or goes cap in hand to the banks, either. We've not won the league in 2 decades. Football's changed.

What have you seen that makes you want to continue with Roy? We have a team that finished 7th, lost our DM, brought in a dinosaur in Poulsen, have brought in one of Roy's players from the team that he guided to 11th last year, the same player that's been responsible for 4 goals so far down the left, and who would have been after Zamora had he stayed fit. Add in the abject performances, the likes of which you saw first-hand, and what do you see changing?

My point exactly.

You make some serious valid points but seem to have a self destruct personality at the same time.

I think you misread me,

I only come on here for a laugh when I'm bored,you might take it serious,i take it with a pinch of salt.

Where's

N'gog we trust

TesticleOReilly

Tom R

and that king of boffs Ezequiel when you need them