You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Gerrard's Trial...

Anubis

Shouldn't you be permanent by now though?

Always nice to be judged by some gobshite who has nothing to base his opinion on.

Would Gerrard's defence have seen all available cctv footage before deciding on what to plea? If that is the case then surely they think they have a good chance of getting him off?

Yes they will. I'm sure they're factoring in the 'Liverpool jury' element. By and large, if a Liverpool jury thinks you deserved a thumping they'll find a defendant not guilty, even if they think he is.

See?

Bastard. That made me laugh and spit coffee over my keyboard.

Its not the Police who decide this going further in court mate its the CPS

Yes. But never underestimate the CPS feeling they have to pursue something so as not to lose face (the Leeds BNP case being a good example). The CPS, like any large organisation, varies in it's quality. Sometimes you get decisions to drop cases when you as the defence think they've got a good case, and on other occasions they should clearly drop something but they're like a dog with a bone.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Unless the person getting smacked is actually the DJ. In which case, what the hell is he doing at the bar and not his job. What kind of an establishment are they running?

Also, how shite is the CCTV quality that we can't even make out if it's a man we watch on the telly week in week out. Case dismissed.

To be fair, Gerrard's "handlers" where worth thier salt, the CCTV would no longer be in existence.

Wait, from that video it looks like he gets the punch thrown at him first... he's the one in blue standing at the bar right? One dig and then he's getting pulled back. I see fuck all.

Same for me by the looks of it. Gerrard's in blue with white collar. Did they wear the same outfit? Anyway the first punch is clearly not Gerrard who's in blue as you say. The punching arm looks white.

Always nice to be judged by some gobshite who has nothing to base his opinion on.

Hang on you touchy twat! It was a joke, admittedly a very poor one! Read the post again.

At no point did I comment on your profession or you in any way shape or form! So less of the gobshite please, you may be right but it was just pure luck on your part.

Unless the person getting smacked is actually the DJ. In which case, what the hell is he doing at the bar and not his job. What kind of an establishment are they running?

Also, how shite is the CCTV quality that we can't even make out if it's a man we watch on the telly week in week out. Case dismissed.

I think I read in a guardian article that the DJ was sitting at the bar when the physical confrontation took place.

Self defence is a defence raised in law. It is not an admission of guilt. It is an acceptance he took steps which involved the use of force, but that the force used was taken to defend himself and was reasonable in all the circumstances, and that it did not go to far.

As for striking first, provided the court accept you reasonably apprehended that the other party would use immediate violence against you then striking first is no bar to running self-defence.

Yeah, you’re allowed to get a pre-emptive strike in if you fear for your own safety; you just have to make sure that if you end up ‘talking’ to the police that you keep emphasising how much danger you thought you were in. But obviously you can’t use the impending peril to justify stuff like knocking somebody down and beating them to a pulp, if you have the chance to escape, i.e. remove yourself from the impending peril, when the person is down.

Yes its self defence, what i was saying was it dont look good where is the boxer jabs punches..... was beaing sarcastic

Where does a guy with a blue jumper on throw a punch on that video?

He doesn't.

How could anyone possibly be convicted using that?

"........and the person's conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety"

Those fellas leaning on the bar don't look too fearful. In fact, the only person on the albeit shite CCTV who is in fear for his safety is the fat manc.

Guest ShoePiss
Who throws the punch, its not really clear is it?

This is the positive I'm taking from it, surely the jury need to clearly be able to identify the suspects in order to find them guilty although I'm sure the prosecution also have witness statements as well as cctv footage.

Reading the sky article it appears that the person on the receiving end of the elbow is the manc and the elbower is one of Gerrard's friends, we don't see where Gerrard apparently put in a Marvin Haggler performance.

I bet when he gets off with this he'll be made up with the description of his punches.

From the above article from the link of the cctv footage on sky news.

The grainy footage, highlighted for the jury in a lightened ring, allegedly shows one of Gerrard's friends push Mr McGee and follow through with an elbow.A scuffle ensues in which Gerrard appears to throw uppercuts at Mr McGee.The player is next seen on camera being held back by a friend and apparently explaining what had happened.

So the elbow wasn't from Stevie then?

Wierd. Can't really make out what's going on as I don't know who the person doing uppercuts in the clip is. I thought that was Stevie being held in the second clip, but if that's him he has a blue top on and the guy doing uppercuts seems to be in white. And you can't fully tell why he's doing those punches either. Was the Manc getting ready to start launching punches just before that? You just can't see properly.

Looks like a fucking mess really and I'll just be happy when it's over if the courts haven't taken the piss with our Captian. You can just bet on it that with a fucking Manc it's going to be over the top, and I'm also wondering how many other Mancs or even Evertonians are involved in the case. Let's just hope the judge has a clear head when the decision is made.

Edit : Stevie was wearing a blue top, so how can the guy we can clearly see doing uppercuts be him? It isn't I don't think, so was there more punches after that from Stevie? The camera just doesn't seem to show it properly.