You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're going to spend big on a winger and haven't much money left for a forward then Doyle will be ideal for us. Can't see it happening though.

Agree. Doyle is a workhorse, hes like kuyt but more of a threat on his own and while I think Dirk is great playing up top providing hes playing with someone Doyle would do a better job.He was fucking ace last nite

Edited by Richie T

Fuck buying Doyle would rather throw Linfield up top. What kind of message does that send to Nemeth,Eggnog and Pacheco yeah you are talented players but we will sign Championshipship players to put you further down the pecking order please stay with us and tell your mates about us.

but Nemeth, Eggnog and Pacheco arent irish arent they?

think about it :whistle:

I couldn't give a fuck that Doyle is Irish. I don't care what country players are from as long as they do a job for us. How the fuck can you spout that nonsense after all the Keane stuff? Nearly all the Irish lads on here said he wasn't good enough. Like I've already said earlier in the thread, I'd have much preferred Doyle to Keane last summer.

Kevin Doyle had a very good 1st season in the Premiership scoring 13 goals in 32 games, but only scored 6 times in 36 games last season.

Read through the thread. He played on the right last season. He also had a pretty horrific family tragedy that affected his form.

Read through the thread. He played on the right last season. He also had a pretty horrific family tragedy that affected his form.

I'm not having a pop at him as I think he is a decent player. Whether he is good enough for us is questionable. We need a striker who can provide competition and cover for Torres and has similar attributes. I think we already have that player if he pulled his finger out.

Babel? Not in a million years, he has enough talent, but he's Heskey mark II. No heart, no will to win and no brains.

Oh do fuck off please. Babel has more talent in his finger nail than Doyle has in his whole fucking body.

The Irish really take the fucking piss next I will be hearing of shouts for Matt Holland to replace Alonso:whistle:

Oh do fuck off please. Babel has more talent in his finger nail than Doyle has in his whole fucking body.

The Irish really take the fucking piss next I will be hearing of shouts for Matt Holland to replace Alonso:whistle:

I actually don't follow our national side and couldn't give a fuck where somebody's from.

Same here, I watched Holland last night and caught the Ireland highlights later. The facts are we've fuck all money to spend this summer, our highest priority is a top class winger but we also need a forward. Doyle would be relatively cheap but has enough about him to stand in for Torres without us having to change our shape. Who do you suggest we get to play up front for £6-10m?

By the way, talent is not enough to make it as a footballer. If it was Babel would be in the team ahead of Kuyt and Denilson would be the best player of his generation.

Bollocks. Check what nationality most of those who warned against Keane's signing were.

And given his efforts this year, I'd rather line out with 10 men than with Ryan Babel in our side.

Same here, I watched Holland last night and caught the Ireland highlights later. The facts are we've fuck all money to spend this summer, our highest priority is a top class winger but we also need a forward. Doyle would be relatively cheap but has enough about him to stand in for Torres without us having to change our shape. Who do you suggest we get to play up front for £6-10m?

By the way, talent is not enough to make it as a footballer. If it was Babel would be in the team ahead of Kuyt and Denilson would be the best player of his generation.

Are you seriously suggesting we spunk between £6-£10 million on Doyle. He had a decent 1st season in the Premiership, he would be a good signing for the likes of Wigan and Fulham but nowhere near good enough for us.