You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuyt is truly terrible. He's the main reason I started to worry about Rafa.

You might be able to win a knock-out cup with Kuyt in your team (you'll struggle) but you won't win a league. You can't substitute quality with hard work over the course of a season: the Mancs will put up with having a lazy cunt in their team because he has a bit of magic about him.

I just don't get what Rafa sees in him that the majority of fans can't. But it's beyond the pale now, it flies in the face of logic and contradicts even the manager's own criteria of selection by rotation. When the manager can make such an appalling misjudgment every single week you start to question every decision he makes. The pendulum of trust that had him down as being logical and pragmatic rather than stubborn and blinkered takes a bit of a battering.

Regarding Dirk, you're right. I've had enough myself now and regardless of what happens with Benitez, I want him sold in the summer. He isn't good enough for a place in a title challenging team and no amount of goofy fucking smiles is going to change that. I want a striker, not a fucking saint.

He might be the most lovely guy in the world but since when did that qualify someone to play for LFC when he clearly and repeatedly struggles to do the basic things we expect from a professional player? His ability to control a ball and move with it is laughable, no team looking to play attractive passing football could do it with Dirk in the side because he just isn't capable of trapping a ball with any kind of consistency, let alone passing it. In fact, regardless of his other failings, El Zhar's ability to receive the ball is better than Dirk's would be if he was still playing at 60.

As for him being great for the dressing room, how do you think our dressing room felt today? He could do card tricks, get the pints in and fellate the whole fucking team and it wouldn't make up for being unable to finish a chance that the captain put on a fucking plate for him.

I repeat, he may be a nice bloke, he might care a lot but I'm fucking sick of accepting his mediocrity where it counts, namely on the pitch.

I'm expecting the usual list of his goals to be trotted out now. Get this: I do not fucking care. Heskey scored goals as well but not with any kind of consistency - you never knew whether you were going to see a deadly performance or a club-footed, amateurish abortion of a display and in that, Dirk is just like him. All the heart in the world won't make up for it if we're serious about challenging for a title.

I'll be delighted whenever he scores for us between now and May but unless he can suddenly show in the next three months that he's capable of consistent performances, in particular with regard to controlling and passing a football and shooting effectively, get rid in the summer for whatever we can get.

Finally, don't anyone fucking dare suggest this is a kneejerk reaction to today's game. His miss today was merely the final straw, this has been building up for months with me. I'm sick of him and more than that, I'm sick of the fact that he gets picked week after week after week when the law of diminishing returns has clearly kicked in. Rafa needs to get his head out of his fucking arse too and see just what he's endorsing, it's like he's blind where Dirk is concerned.

He'd be lucky to get a game in the Championship based on today's performance in particular but also on many others that we've seen. I bet the likes of Benayoun are fuming - regardless of whether people think he's good enough, he's going to be the next one that Rafa forces out if he's not careful - the concept of form seems to be completely alien to him. The lad starts performing and he's "rested" presumably to "save him". Save him for what? If it's the Madrid match, that tells me Rafa decided today that either the league was already gone, or that it wasn't but the Madrid game was more important. Whichever it was hardly matters, they're both right now - talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I hoped I'd have calmed down by tonight and instead it's just getting worse, I am absolutlely fucking seething. Fuck it all.

Neg away, I am honestly past caring.

Load of jibber jabbering going on from the same old people, kuyt is good, deal with it.

You do know he's the blonde one, right?

Edited by RoboRiise

Minutes later Keane made way for Torres, who immediately presented Gerrard with a gilt-edged chance with an undefendable cross from the right. The captain, who celebrates 10 years at the club next week, only had to touch the ball into the net but mistimed his slide and instead hit wide.

happens to everyone

Minutes later Keane made way for Torres, who immediately presented Gerrard with a gilt-edged chance with an undefendable cross from the right. The captain, who celebrates 10 years at the club next week, only had to touch the ball into the net but mistimed his slide and instead hit wide.

happens to everyone

On a regular basis?

I've just had a belly-full of him and of the emperor's new clothes syndrome that seems to afflict some people where he's concerned. It's a joke frankly and not a good one.

happens to everyone

Jesus fucking wept. Have you not noticed how many times we see Dirk stumbling down the wing after the ball? How many times we see a pass bounce off his shins? Seriously, can you name a player with less ability to controll the ball without mentioning the likes of Lee Carsley, Marlon Harewood et al?

Yes, of course it happens to everyone but it happens to Dirk over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, match after match after match and he seems to be completely immune to any comeback from it. I'm not talking about an unlucky miss mate, I'm talking about a basic lack of technical footballing ability.

Edited by RoboRiise

can't say I can recall dirk missing gilt edged chances other than apparently today (still haven't seen it)

well i'm sure he has but certainly not on a regular basis.

Spurs away? Blackburn away last season was like a 'how not to play up front' instruction video.

can't say I can recall dirk missing gilt edged chances other than apparently today (still haven't seen it)

Is that not a bad sign considering he is a striker.

I can remember him mis controlling plenty of passes on the half way line.

I don't think he is clinical, haven't seen it myself, can't watch match of the day when we lose or even when we draw sometimes, I don't seem to be watching it much at the moment!!

well you'd want him to have a long contract then he'd cost more? no??

orrrrr rafa's leaving and taking dirk with him on the cheap...wouldn't that make all your wet dreams come true eh ted?

Er, no.

I like the fact you thought of me though.

XX.