You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Smashing Pumpkins

Gav

They aren't anywhere near what they once were Gav, but still worth seeing.

They used to be excellent live back in the early 90s.

I've shitloads of their old gigs and a good few of the new ones on me Zen so I have a fair idea of what to expect .

Doesn't take from the band for me though , I'm more excited about seeing them then I was for the last Arcade Fire gig .

How much are the tickets for the RDS gig, Gav? Stopped going to gigs in Dublin cos the ticket prices have gone crazy over the past few years but would love to see them.

not on sale yet mate , I heard a rumour that'll be this friday .

reason the tickets have gone nuts is the fucking government have started taxing us , the promoters,the venue and the ticket sellers and all of them have added their bit to the costs of tickets to pay off berties make up bill ,the fat skanger cunt .

It has gone nuts though , €70 +booking fee to see Duran duran like .Thats mental .I'd expect to pay that for U2 ,Stones or someone of that stature , not DD or some other 80's reformed* band on the rip off trail

Keep a close eye here ,when they go on sale I'll stick a thread up ,better still ,set yourself up a alert on the ticketbastard website

* ThatPetrolEmotion who this week reformed and announced a tour are not considered part of the above rant

Thanks Gav, according to TB not on sale until the 27th.

yeah ,just went up on TB yesterday .I got a mail from the SP site though so there will hopefully be a pre sale .

This music scene just gets better and better , Pumkins gig announced , Led Zep planning a tour with the Cult ,Frames New Years Eve gig ,That Petrol Emotion reformed and to top it all off ,the greatest punk band in Irelands History are playing a gig in the Village on the 15th and I just got tickets ,roll on the Sultans of Ping

Just checked the website and it says :

The Smashing Pumpkins bring their Reunion Tour to the RDS, Dublin on the 9 February. Tickets go on sale Tuesday 27 November at 09:00.

I am getting a price of €59.80 from this page (Link). Presume there are other price categories.

Just checked the website and it says :

I am getting a price of €59.80 from this page (Link). Presume there are other price categories.

I doubt it .Its the RDS like ,just a giant big field with a wooden stand on one side.Unless they are classing that stand as seating !!

TBH fuck that , go on the pitch , way better.and there is just fucking tons of room there too .Was there for the GNR gig last year and we were practically leaning on the stage

edit- they've only one price up so no there'll be just the one price for all tickets ...60 ain't that bad when you consider duran durfuckingAn are charging 75 +bf