You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

For anyone who keeps Getting let down by one team on the Footy

bobhorse

And how much would that Bet Cost Bob?

£20 as it is written in the above post but you can change the stakes a 10p one is £2.40 plus whatever you have placed on the 8 timer if you keep it to level stakes it is 25 times your stake

10p = £2.50

20p = £5.00

30p = £7.50 and so on i always increase on the big one incase i get lucky but whatever suits your means

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I get a chance (probably at the weekend), I will put this into a spreadsheet to work out potential winnings (for both fractions and decimal odds) and I will post it up here.

Bob - I understand the bet and obviously it is easier to go down the bookies to put this on. If you doing it online, would you literally have to create 25 separate coupons - that could take ages! Or is there an easier way of doing this?

I'm gonna have to read this thread about 15 times before I ahve any idea how the hell you can amas Nearly 84,000 quid off £1.25

pissing meself here mate

its simple you get 8 correct scores up in a row and the £80 odd k is just off the 1 x 8 timer you would also have 16 x £2,332.80 plus 8 times £13,960.80

you would hit the bookmakers limit with your returns

your not likely to do it but its easier than 6 numbers on the loto and just 25p more its a throw away bet

I will dig out some other combos for correct score combinations that give good returns for minimum stakes if you can get the scores right ?

When I get a chance (probably at the weekend), I will put this into a spreadsheet to work out potential winnings (for both fractions and decimal odds) and I will post it up here.

Bob - I understand the bet and obviously it is easier to go down the bookies to put this on. If you doing it online, would you literally have to create 25 separate coupons - that could take ages! Or is there an easier way of doing this?

It takes ages your right

I havnt found a quicker way of doing it on betfair to be honest and sometimes i put it on in the bookies cos i havnt the time or cant be arsed

Its not as log winded as you think once you start with the four teams in group Aits just a case of changing 1 team for another in every coupon

It doesnt take as long as you would think but you do have loads of coupons

Iits because your not backing every combo of the 8 teams as that would mean 28 x 6 Timers instead of the 16 which saves 12 stakes

tonights bet for me is a spurs and chelsea double. £50 stake from last nights winnings.

Oh Grasshopper you forget lesson after only one day

minimum stakes maximum returns :thumbup: your bet might win but unless you are getting odds of 9/1 you are backing at less that actual true odds so the bookie will win in the long run

2 matches with 3 results possible 3 x 3 = 9/1 are the true odds ok form counts for something but even the wining most team of the season will only win around 50% of matches so always look for the best way to win the amount you want with the minimum outlay

Take Chelsea at home inbeaten in 2 season in the Prem so you can cross off aways in ther matches but most people would say Chelsea at Home Banker home but the bookies price the match up taking this into account and will go 1/5 1/6 etc some people would back them to win every week and think they are winning cos 5 in every 7 games they go to the counter and collect but they arn't for the sake of the exersice lets say 1/5 Chelsea every home game and they draw 4 games a season at home and win 15 and we bet £100 to make the figures even

1 H £120

2 H £120

3 H £120

4 H £120 +£80

5 D loser -£20

6 H £120

7 H £120

8 H £120

9 H £120 +60

10 D loser -£40

11 H £120

12 H £120

13 H £120

14 H £120

15 D loser -£60

16 H £120

17 H £120

18 H £120

19 H £120 +£20

for a season betting and 15 winning bets now and exactly were you where at game 1

Hope that makes sense? its simplistic but i think it drives home the point and shows why you should record all your bets they had

4 x 1-0.

3 x 1-1.

2 x 2-1

so if you had picked them scores you would have had 9 winning weeks out of 19 x 3 selections = £57 staked @ £1 which is around 11/2 average so again you would be around the same over a season +£20 but you have don it on betting stakes of £57 not £1900 with the £100 system above now even better than this is 3-0 and 4-0 came up 6 times in the 19 games 2 x 19= £38 staked again around 11/2 average but the bookie will be minimum 10/1 so that is profit of

£28 Profit at 10/1 almost 80% more than the £100 system for £1862 less stakes

£58 Profit at 16/1 almost 300% more than the £100 system for £1862 less stakes

Can you see what i am getting at all that glitters isnt Gold find value its a must

Dont know if this will make sense to anyone but to those that do understand it it will help you win money it isn't about always backing winers its about avoiding losers and getting value

Oh Grasshopper you forget lesson after only one day

minimum stakes maximum returns :thumbup: your bet might win but unless you are getting odds of 9/1 you are backing at less that actual true odds so the bookie will win in the long run

2 matches with 3 results possible 3 x 3 = 9/1 are the true odds ok form counts for something but even the wining most team of the season will only win around 50% of matches so always look for the best way to win the amount you want with the minimum outlay

Take Chelsea at home inbeaten in 2 season in the Prem so you can cross off aways in ther matches but most people would say Chelsea at Home Banker home but the bookies price the match up taking this into account and will go 1/5 1/6 etc some people would back them to win every week and think they are winning cos 5 in every 7 games they go to the counter and collect but they arn't for the sake of the exersice lets say 1/5 Chelsea every home game and they draw 4 games a season at home and win 15 and we bet £100 to make the figures even

1 H £120

2 H £120

3 H £120

4 H £120 +£80

5 D loser -£20

6 H £120

7 H £120

8 H £120

9 H £120 +60

10 D loser -£40

11 H £120

12 H £120

13 H £120

14 H £120

15 D loser -£60

16 H £120

17 H £120

18 H £120

19 H £120 +£20

for a season betting and 15 winning bets now and exactly were you where at game 1

Hope that makes sense? its simplistic but i think it drives home the point and shows why you should record all your bets they had

4 x 1-0.

3 x 1-1.

2 x 2-1

so if you had picked them scores you would have had 9 winning weeks out of 19 x 3 selections = £57 staked @ £1 which is around 11/2 average so again you would be around the same over a season +£20 but you have don it on betting stakes of £57 not £1900 with the £100 system above now even better than this is 3-0 and 4-0 came up 6 times in the 19 games 2 x 19= £38 staked again around 11/2 average but the bookie will be minimum 10/1 so that is profit of

£28 Profit at 10/1 almost 80% more than the £100 system for £1862 less stakes

£58 Profit at 16/1 almost 300% more than the £100 system for £1862 less stakes

Can you see what i am getting at all that glitters isnt Gold find value its a must

Dont know if this will make sense to anyone but to those that do understand it it will help you win money it isn't about always backing winers its about avoiding losers and getting value

Bob your 1 smart cookie,and im glad somebodies taking cash off the bookies.

But by fuck your wrecking my head!!:thumbsup:

No!

The spreadsheet of Bobs original bet is coming along nicely - it should make it easier to understand for everyone. Now if this bloody soft skills training shite that I have to go on for a few hours was not in the way, I could get it finished!

Anyone know of a website where I can post the Excel file to so people can download it?

i'm going whole hog this week;

-chelsea

-liverpool

-man u.

-bolton 6/4 ;) get cha doe up!

-watford

-crawley

-aberdeen

-rangers

-celtic

-ross county

-east fife

-panathanaikos

-roda jc

-fayenoord

-copenhagen

-anderlecht

-brugge

-porto

-cracovia

the lowest odds i have is 4/9 i think although not all of these teams will be on the coup. and bolton are 6/4 to beat derby so i would say they are worth throwing in as they will give you a boost and a half.

i'm back in the saddle!

group A

birmingham v MAN UTD

PORTSMOUTH v reading

morecambe v MK DONS

NORWICH v sheff wed

group B

west ham v ARSENAL

wigan v LIVERPOOL

COLCHESTER v scunthorpe

TOTTENHAM v aston villa

Si - what was your stake if you dont mind me asking? I will put this example into the spreadsheet I am finishing off.

So if i've got this right, this is exactly what I should be writing on my slip..

Group A

Wigan v Liverpool (A)

Torquay v Droylesden (H)

Birmingham v Man Utd (A)

Watford v Blackpool (H)

Group B

Tranmere v Northampton (H)

Rangers v Motherwell (H)

Grimsby v Hereford (A)

Celtic v Dundee (H)

Any 3 from Group A with any 3 from Group B - 16 Bets

Group A with any 3 from Group B - 4 Bets

Group B with any 3 from Group A - 4 Bets

24x 20p Acc

1x 1.20 8 Sel Acc

Total Stake £6.00

I hope this is right

So if i've got this right, this is exactly what I should be writing on my slip..

Group A

Wigan v Liverpool (A)

Torquay v Droylesden (H)

Birmingham v Man Utd (A)

Watford v Blackpool (H)

Group B

Tranmere v Northampton (H)

Rangers v Motherwell (H)

Grimsby v Hereford (A)

Celtic v Dundee (H)

Any 3 from Group A with any 3 from Group B - 16 Bets

Group A with any 3 from Group B - 4 Bets

Group B with any 3 from Group A - 4 Bets

24x 20p Acc

1x 1.20 8 Sel Acc

Total Stake £6.00

I hope this is right

Correct and should you get no more than 1 loser in each group you are a winner

i'm going whole hog this week;

-chelsea

-liverpool

-man u.

-bolton 6/4 ;) get cha doe up!

-watford

-crawley

-aberdeen

-rangers

-celtic

-ross county

-east fife

-panathanaikos

-roda jc

-fayenoord

-copenhagen

-anderlecht

-brugge

-porto

-cracovia

the lowest odds i have is 4/9 i think although not all of these teams will be on the coup. and bolton are 6/4 to beat derby so i would say they are worth throwing in as they will give you a boost and a half.

Stop before you place that bet do me one thing work out your winnings to £1

against the bookmakers limit

what i mean is some small bookies will have a limit of £100,000 or even less if he is a one shop bookie the majors may be £250,000 or more not sure

but the point is this, with a Acc as big as that one you will go past the limit lets say

you put a £5 on in effect you are throwing £4 away, cos the maximum you can be paid out is your odds to £1 so every time you do this bet £4 of your stake is useless do that every week and £208 you have thrown away im not saying dont do the bet just dont throw good money after bad

Correct and should you get no more than 1 loser in each group you are a winner

Just double checking... if one team in group B lets me down will i still win with

- Any 3 from group A with any 3 from group B - 16bets

AND

- Group A with any 3 from group B - 4 bets

With the bet i've just done I effectively win twice even though one team has let me down.

Bob your 1 smart cookie,and im glad somebodies taking cash off the bookies.

But by fuck your wrecking my head!!:thumbsup:

Open your mind Grasshopper, the way to enlightenment is to walk away from the crowd.

Its not how often you collect from the counter that matters just that when you do its enough to make it all worth while

And I’m not that clever I had done some looking and come up with this bet

Chelsea down as 3-0 3-1 4-0

Spurs down as 2-0 2-1 3-0

Blackburn down as 1-0 2-0 3-0

but couldn’t be arsed to put the bet on. Now even at 9/1 I said Ta,ra to £500 and I know it was more than that so we all fuck up mate and sometimes I do my own fucking head in