You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CL Draw Friday

Seeding in the Champions League 2006/2007

UEFA European Cup Football

by Bert Kassies

Last update: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:48:57 CET

The Champions League cup-holder spot is not used, because Barcelona already qualified for the group stage. This means that the champion of 10th country on the ranking list (Celtic, Scotland) qualified directly for the group stage of the Champions League, and the champion of the 16th country on the ranking list (Maccabi Haifa, Israel) will gain direct access to the 3rd qualifying round, and the champions of the 26th and 27th countries on the ranking list (Djurgårdens IF, Sweden and Ruzomberok, Slovakia) will gain direct access to the 2nd qualifying round.

At July 25 an Italian Federation (FIGC) sports court found Juventus, Fiorentina, and Lazio Roma, guilty of match-fixing in the 2005/06 domestic league, and those teams are expelled from the European Cups. AC Milan is punished with a penalty of 30 points and has to take part in the 3rd qualifying of the Champions League. The Italian Intertoto spot is not used due to the ongoing investigation at that time.

3rd Qualifying Round (32 teams)

Seeded teams coef. Unseeded teams coef.

------------------------ --- ------- ------------------------ --- -------

AC Milan Ita 129.020 Fenerbahçe ** Tur 28.634

Liverpool Eng 105.950 Austria Wien Aut 27.723

Arsenal Eng 101.950 Osasuna Esp 25.006

Valencia Esp 95.006 Chievo Verona Ita 23.020

Ajax Ned 60.640 Spartak Moscow ** Rus 21.504

Lille OSC Fra 54.757 Dinamo Zagreb ** Cro 20.647

Benfica Por 51.533 Red Star Belgrade ** Srb 20.600

Steaua Bucuresti ** Rom 46.381 Hearts FC ** Sco 20.023

CSKA Moscow Rus 42.504 Maccabi Haifa Isr 19.108

AEK Athens Gre 39.587 Standard Liège Bel 17.981

Dinamo Kiev ** Ukr 36.777 FC København ** Den 16.593

Levski Sofia ** Bul 35.016 Legia Warsaw ** Pol 16.104

Shakhtar Donetsk Ukr 33.777 DVSC Debrecen ** Hun 13.840

Galatasaray Tur 33.634 Vålerengen IF ** Nor 11.921

Hamburger SV Ger 30.960 FC Zürich ** Sui 10.537

Slovan Liberec Cze 28.769 Djurgårdens IF ** Swe 9.372

------------------------------------------------------------------------

AC Milan, as punishment for blatant corruption, go in the 3rd round!!!!

We win the fucking thing and had to qualify from the first round???

Hmmm...I'm on my deathbed...God/Allah/Kieth/Red Nick give me one last breath, one last question... For the love of Edwin Congo, what the fuck goes through your mind Fat Lenny??

Teams to avoid: Osasuna, Fenerbache

Teams to Avoid as You Might Not Come Back in One Piece: Chievo Verona, Red Star Belgrade and Maccabi Haifa (although that one will be played in Cyrpus?)

Best Possible Draw: Hearts or Cork City if they do the Serbians.

DT Dream draw: Kobenhavn (I think that's the club in Nuuk, Greenland)

Fivetimes IBS Nightmare Draw: Debrecen, Leiga Warsaw (commie bogs)

Scando Specials: Djurgaarden, Valeringa

Memory Lane: FC Zurich (Frog Legs, Swiss Rolls and Munchengladbach...God Bless Joey Jones)

Eeeeegoorrrr: Dinamo Zagreb

For atk: Austria Wien (And the bloos...ifithadntbeenfor we'd be reliving the CWC)

And lastly, if we get Standard Liege I hope we twat them to the extent that the bi-centurial Gerry march looks like an Orangeman's Parade at teh Vatican. Or something like that, fucking Belgians.

Some awkward teams in there. But don't forget there'll be half of these teams in the 3rd round too.

Nova Gorica

Steaua Bucuresti

Levski Sofia

Sioni Bolnisi

FC Zürich

Austria Salzburg

Djurgårdens IF

SCP Ruzomberok

DVSC Debrecen

Rabotnicki Skopje

Cork City

Red Star Belgrade

Fenerbahçe

B36 Torshavn

Mladá Boleslav

Vålerengen IF

Sheriff Tiraspol

Spartak Moscow

Metalurgs Liepaja

Dinamo Kiev

FH Hafnarfjardar

Legia Warsaw

FC København

MyPa-47

Ekranas Panevezys

Dinamo Zagreb

Hearts FC

Siroki Brijeg

Most of the teams who'll come through from the 2nd round are shite, so fingers crossed.

AC Milan, as punishment for blatant corruption, go in the 3rd round!!!!

We win the fucking thing and had to qualify from the first round???

Hmmm...I'm on my deathbed...God/Allah/Kieth/Red Nick give me one last breath, one last question... For the love of Edwin Congo, what the fuck goes through your mind Fat Lenny??

Teams to avoid: Osasuna, Fenerbache

Teams to Avoid as You Might Not Come Back in One Piece: Chievo Verona, Red Star Belgrade and Maccabi Haifa (although that one will be played in Cyrpus?)

Best Possible Draw: Hearts or Cork City if they do the Serbians.

DT Dream draw: Kobenhavn (I think that's the club in Nuuk, Greenland)

Fivetimes IBS Nightmare Draw: Debrecen, Leiga Warsaw (commie bogs)

Memory Lane: FC Zurich (Frog Legs, Swiss Rolls and Munchengladbach...God Bless Joey Jones)

Eeeeegoorrrr: Dinamo Zagreb

For atk: Austria Wien (And the bloos...ifithadntbeenfor we'd be reliving the CWC)

And lastly, if we get Standard Liege I hope we twat them to the extent that the bi-centurial Gerry march looks like an Orangeman's Parade at teh Vatican. Or something like that, fucking Belgians.

Tremendous stuff once again.

I disagree about Hearts been a easy draw. Yes we would beat them but aint they got a money bags in charge and wouldnt be a pushover.

UEFA are holding an emergency meeting last i heard on whether or not to let AC Milan in.

I disagree about Hearts been a easy draw. Yes we would beat them but aint they got a money bags in charge and wouldnt be a pushover.

UEFA are holding an emergency meeting last i heard on whether or not to let AC Milan in.

Aye, they have a moneybags who's a right fucking loon- they tried to sign one of our former youth players who was crocked and playing for Prescot Cables I think (dave u would know more) and they were after another who was on our books and isn't even playing anymore.

It'd be easy on the travel as well and fivetimes claims that haggis and nips don't bother his IBS.

And mate, UEFA emergency meeting put through the babbelfish Italian-UEFA bureacraticese is, "Alright Sylvio, is that your best offer? I'll take envelope no. 5 then. Oh, only 50000 Suisse Francs and an half-eaten Toberlone? Nope, gimme envelope no. 4 instead. Woo-hoo! Jackpot! Easy qualifier, Latvian ref with Mafia debts to paid and all for a year's supply of glog and a Thai ladyboy who can put together an Ikea bookcase in ten minutes! Sold to the Fat Swedish twat with sausage fingers and oily hair."

It looks like you can count Vålerenga out already, they are 3-0 down in their away leg. I'm switching between that one and the 1992 FA Cup Final.

The problem with the 92 final is that the shorts of the S'land players are so short and tight that they actually reveal the size of the cocks of the players, which I find somewhat disturbing.

It looks like you can count Vålerenga out already, they are 3-0 down in their away leg. I'm switching between that one and the 1992 FA Cup Final.

The problem with the 92 final is that the shorts of the S'land players are so short and tight that they actually reveal the size of the cocks of the players, which I find somewhat disturbing.

So you're switching between watching cocks and..errr...watching cocks!

So you're switching between watching cocks and..errr...watching cocks!

1992 Final. 2-0. Michael Thomas scored a penalty didn't he? I recall it being a stinker of a game.

Later on in June I was watching Canada-El Salvador in a USA 94 qualifier when a fucking squirrel bit through the cable line and the telly went fritzy.

We went out on penalties to the Australians later on in a play-off, with the Aussie goalkeeper saving a shot with his boot after one of our good hard working honest Canadian boys fired it down the middle.

Chaos theory- Valeringa will get through, and go 2-0 up on Liverpool but a squirrel will chew through the floodlight switch and the game will be abandoned. Liverpool will then win 5-0 on aggregate (Riise, Bellamy 2, Gerrard and Crouch).