You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Priceless

fivetimes

And people wonder why i laugh at the offal site and "messageboards".

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N148799050511-1407.htm

I couldn't believe that when I read it yesterday, it just goes to show how many fickle supporters we have.

To be fair I think the majority of the people who post on there are very young and thus they tend to go for the big names etc.

Its not excusable but I guess you just have to accept it. I hope that doesn't mean that he will get the official player of the year award, I mean its obvious who should get it - he even said so himself!

just shows the offal site for what it is really

Terrible terrible outcome

Anyone with any semblance of intelligence can see who our best player was

In the name of Rob how did they come up with this , He wouldn't make my top 6

It's not that startling really is it. The offal was the most viewed sports related site on the internet a while ago and gets many a visit from fans from all over the world who aren't really interested in the team, just follow the names.

Gerrard is the biggest name at the club, and therefore gets shit loads of votes from supporters whose only interest is sticking posters of him up on their walls but don't actually know anything about the club and what goes on here. Fans just like Rashid.

Skeet -I thought it was based on performances over the season tho , not just a case of vote for a pleyer on the offal

Each game over the season they vote for the top 5.Christ ,that would they've done it every single game

It's a known fact at away's it's teh OOT's etc whos sing his name longest and loudest regardless of what he has done to the club. It's those supporters and the one's overseas who vote for him everygame.

That's not meant as a dig by the way I just think that those supporters are more likely to visit the offy and take part in it's votes. Me I just use it for the odd match report and ticket info.

It's a known fact at away's it's teh OOT's etc whos sing his name longest and loudest regardless of what he has done to the club. It's those supporters and the one's overseas who vote for him everygame.

That's not meant as a dig by the way I just think that those supporters are more likely to visit the offy and take part in it's votes. Me I just use it for the odd match report and ticket info.

I agree with that.

Guest Dancing Dave

Yeh, it's disgraceful. What's Gerrard ever done for Liverpool??

(With thanks to Monty Python for the idea) :wallbutt:

Guest Dancing Dave
It's a poll about who has been the best player of this season, if you agree with that poll then you're a fucking idiot too!

Thanks Tom, what would I do without your insight?? I KNOW F*CKING WELL WHAT IT WAS ABOUT. To suggest Gerrard isn't even in the top six of our 'best players of the season' is risible. I understand that you'd like him out as soon as possible, but trust me, those who go the games don't ALL share that view. Crack on.

Thanks Tom, what would I do without your insight?? I KNOW F*CKING WELL WHAT IT WAS ABOUT. To suggest Gerrard isn't even in the top six of our 'best players of the season' is risible. I understand that you'd like him out as soon as possible, but trust me, those who go the games don't ALL share that view. Crack on.

He wasn't in the top six though was he?

Carra

Alonso

Riise

Garcia

Djimi

Finnan

They've all had more productive, more consistent and generally just better seasons than Gerrard imo. I bet you if you ask Gerrard himself, even with his huge ego, he'd be hard puched to deny that.

And I don;t want him gone. I want him committed. He hasn;t been. maybe now he is, and that can only be good for Liverpool.

but I still say there;'s no way on this earth he should be the Captain. A fairweather Captain is the worst kind you can ever have. And he is teh worst Captain we've ever had.

If you can name a worse on then I'll take that back, but you can't, so I won't.

Guest Dancing Dave
Not suggesting that, but he isnt the best player of the season, how that many people can think that i dont know!

And thats from someone who goes every game ;)

Yeh I know...;)

I'd have Carra, I think 99% would, but it's not that why I posted. If Gerrard leaves, we'll miss him, and his efforts. I KNOW the reasons why people don't like him, but until and if he f*cks off somewhere else, let's just acknowledge his efforts. Not in the top six.....ffs.

Guest Dancing Dave
He wasn't in the top six though was he?

Carra

Alonso

Riise

Garcia

Djimi

Finnan

They've all had more productive, more consistent and generally just better seasons than Gerrard imo. I bet you if you ask Gerrard himself, even with his huge ego, he'd be hard puched to deny that.

And I don;t want him gone. I want him committed. He hasn;t been. maybe now he is, and that can only be good for Liverpool. but I still say there;'s no way on this earth he should be the Captain. A fairweather Captain is the worst kind you can ever have. And he is teh worst Captain we've ever had.

If you can name a worse on then I'll take that back, but you can't, so I won't.

See that list Tom?? There's LOADS of people who sit round me would have Riise, Garcia and Traore sold tomorrow. If it went purely on effort, Nunez would have to be in there too, coz christ knows the boy tries. Not quite the same as making the difference though, and Gerrard makes the difference, more often than not.

Worse captain?? Hyypia. I can enlage if you like.

See that list Tom?? There's LOADS of people who sit round me would have Riise, Garcia and Traore sold tomorrow. If it went purely on effort, Nunez would have to be in there too, coz christ knows the boy tries. Not quite the same as making the difference though, and Gerrard makes the difference, more often than not.

Worse captain?? Hyypia. I can enlage if you like.

No way was Hyypia a worse Captain than "Stevie"!

you're a mentalist I tell ye!

Sami wasn't the most vocal. But have you ever heard Sami saying he thinks we'll get beat before a big game? Ever heard Sami saying that we have no chance of winning the Champions League?

Ever hear Sami saying "improve or I'm off"?

Ever see Sami strolling around with hands on his fucking hips in a Cup Final?

Don't be daft Dave. I know you're not a clueless fool when it comes to football. Don't act like one eh.

nobody is denying Gerrard's talent, and I'm not saying he's not an asset to the team, but we;re talking about consistency over a season and at times this season he's been fucking woeful.

You can not deny that Riise, Djimi and even Garcia (our top scorer btw) have been a million times more consistent over the season than our "only sing when you're winning" Captain.

See that list Tom?? There's LOADS of people who sit round me would have Riise, Garcia and Traore sold tomorrow. If it went purely on effort, Nunez would have to be in there too, coz christ knows the boy tries.

Does that guy who sits behind you still keep calling Nunez 'Arthur'? Well funny that was.

Guest Dancing Dave
Does that guy who sits behind you still keep calling Nunez 'Arthur'? Well funny that was.

Jimmy?? He does Dave, and it's caught on big time. Nunez has a fan club.

Whilst we're on about where I sit, somebody must own the seat immediately in front of me, and one the row behind, just to my right. I swear the cunt must advertise for 'dickwads required to sit in Main Stand'.....inevitably, they have mini-cams, or the most up-to-date photo phones, one pair were actually talking to each other on their phones, despite the fact they could reach over and stab each other, should they so desire. Pisses me off. And don't start me about the moaning c*nt immediately behind me.....'Yer shite ****** (insert name of player)......his only input, ever. :(

Jimmy?? He does Dave, and it's caught on big time. Nunez has a fan club.

Whilst we're on about where I sit, somebody must own the seat immediately in front of me, and one the row behind, just to my right. I swear the cunt must advertise for 'dickwads required to sit in Main Stand'.....inevitably, they have mini-cams, or the most up-to-date photo phones, one pair were actually talking to each other on their phones, despite the fact they could reach over and stab each other, should they so desire. Pisses me off. And don't start me about the moaning c*nt immediately behind me.....'Yer shite ****** (insert name of player)......his only input, ever. :(

I'm gonna start calling Nunez 'Arthur' from now on in the fanzine. I'll credit Jimmy with it though, as it was his creation.

Still not sure why he says it though. Is it because he thought his first name was 'Arturo' not 'Antonio' or is just because he looks like an 'Arthur'??

He does look like an 'Arthur' I reckon.