You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Errr. Hyypia had a trial at Newcastle and Keegan didn't rate him

Oooh Kevin keegan didn't rate him?

That mega defensive fucking master mind?

Again when does a failed trial with Kevin fucking keegan equate to a full year of exposure in the premiership?

I would have been interested in us signing Morata, Lacazette and Lukaku...but thankfully we have a plethora of world class striking options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carroll, benteke, lukaku. These players don't work for us.

Oooh Kevin keegan didn't rate him?

That mega defensive fucking master mind?

Again when does a failed trial with Kevin fucking keegan equate to a full year of exposure in the premiership?

I'm not sure what your point is? 

Mine is - you don't know enough about Robertson to make an informed decision. You are basing yours on his club, his fee, how many other clubs were in for him, you haven't mentioned anything about his playing style, strengths, weaknesses etc. 

And the league is full of players who came to it without any reputation, and without any other clubs after  them, all from average clubs. 

I'm not sure what your point is?

Mine is - you don't know enough about Robertson to make an informed decision. You are basing yours on his club, his fee, how many other clubs were in for him, you haven't mentioned anything about his playing style, strengths, weaknesses etc.

I know that the only other club who wanted him was Aston villa.

He is like Moreno in style but not as fast and not as good.

I would have been interested in us signing Morata, Lacazette and Lukaku...but thankfully we have a plethora of world class striking options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least two of them are shite*. 

*by shite I mean, not great, but as this is a forum we need extremes to make the point. 

I know that the only other club who wanted him was Aston villa.

He is like Moreno in style but not as fast and not as good.

You don't know the only other club wanted him was Aston Villa. The only club you read was after him was Aston Villa! Not the same at all. 

In what way is he like Moreno in style? 

You do realise this tit isn't actually anything like a journalist?

Never understand why people follow absolute bullshitters then post it on here.

How else are you going to satisfy people's insatiable appetite for transfer tittle tattle?

There's very little that happens over the course of the roughly 12 weeks of summer window. There's probably about a week between a bid being accepted and the lean. If you make 4 signings that's 4 weeks and you've another 56 days to fill in between all that with very little info from clubs.

• Upvote 1

Dumb and shit

So, you don't know anything about him then? 

Simple question - what are his strengths, his weaknesses, how was he used by Hull, how can we use him. All simple questions if you want to inform everyone how 'shit' he is. 

So, you don't know anything about him then?

Simple question - what are his strengths, his weaknesses, how was he used by Hull, how can we use him. All simple questions if you want to inform everyone how 'shit' he is.

His own fans at hull thought he is shit!

He's good at bringing it forward with a bit of pace, but then loosing it stupidly much like our very own moron.

His own fans at hull thought he is shit!

He's good at bringing it forward with a bit of pace, but then loosing it stupidly much like our very own moron.

I know a few Hull fans here where I work, who say he was excellent for them - good pace, strong tackle and good in the air. Think they should have gotten closer to £15m for him. 

But as it isn't top trumps. I'm going to watch him and make my own mind up. On the basis that I am not a scout (doesn't make them infallible), and I haven't watched hours of him play. 

I know a few Hull fans here where I work, who say he was excellent for them - good pace, strong tackle and good in the air. Think they should have gotten closer to £15m for him.

But as it isn't top trumps. I'm going to watch him and make my own mind up. On the basis that I am not a scout (doesn't make them infallible), and I haven't watched hours of him play.

Good luck with that

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/13330200.Why_I_was_sorry_to_see_Bogdan_leave_Wanderers_for_Liverpool__but_also_why_he_ll_be_a_success/

Bogdan wasn't even first choice at Bolton when we signed him.

I'm not sure why there's so much moaning about Robertson. I don't know much about him but he's clearly coming to take Moreno's place as a back-up to Milner, who wll remain first choice. People who were expecting Milner to be displaced by a first-choice left back this summer were deluding themselves.

As an aside, remember when we signed Moreno, all the moaning about potentially signing Bertrand, that didn't work out too well for us - he's now one of the best left backs in the league.

Let's just see what happens. We've got bigger fish to fry than moaning about a back-up left back in my opinion.

That isn't proof mate! 

Shall I pull up the Mane thread from last year? 

No disrespect to any of their fans but fans of teams like Bolton and Hull don't know what it takes to make it at Liverpool. Giving a 6 out of 10 performance every week for Hull is fine for Hull, but it won't be fine here. 

Mane is an exception. He was the best player and game changer for a top 6 finishing club. Robertson is an anonymous middling player for a terrible relegated team.

Bogdan wasn't even first choice at Bolton when we signed him.

I'm not sure why there's so much moaning about Robertson. I don't know much about him but he's clearly coming to take Moreno's place as a back-up to Milner, who wll remain first choice. People who were expecting Milner to be displaced by a first-choice left back this summer were deluding themselves.

As an aside, remember when we signed Moreno, all the moaning about potentially signing Bertrand, that didn't work out too well for us - he's now one of the best left backs in the league.

Let's just see what happens. We've got bigger fish to fry than moaning about a back-up left back in my opinion.

See now I was OK with the idea of signing a shit left back as long as we got top quality elsewhere.

But it's quite fucking apparent we ain't getting any top quality players now.

Why would any player like a Keita or Kante from 2 years ago ever want to sign for us? We as a fanbase slag them off, call them shit before they've even kicked a ball for us! People on here moan that we never get or spot the player before he costs £50m but whenever we do try and buy them they are called shit because we haven't signed them for £50m. I don't know enough about Robertson to give an informed judgement but whenever I've seen him he's been pretty good but for £8m he's a good signing, well at least get our money back in 2 years if he's deemed not good enough to make it here.

As for the Sanches links, a midfield of Sanches and Keita with Henderson/Can playing deep would be spectacular, we'd have so much pace, power and skill in that midfield we'd batter any midfield in the league.

Is this Chelsea team brilliant, or not?  I think it's hugely defensive, and totally reliant on Hazard having a brilliant season, with no injury.

Courtois

Alonso

Rudiger

Luiz

Cahill

Moses

Kante

Bakayoko

Hazard

Morata

Pedro

Subs: Fabregas, Costa, Matic, Willian, Batshuayi, Azpillicueta