You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TNF FIFA 12 Cup - PS3

Allan

I'll be making the draw for this in about 30 minutes from now. The draw will be recorded live, and then uploaded to YouTube for all to see.

I'll be PM'ing entrants with their appropriate ties, once the video has been uploaded and the link provided in here.

The recording will be done using CamStudio, and will only be around 45-60 seconds in length.

Will allow until 09:00 for any late comers to stick their name down!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut off time has been and gone, so here is the final list of entrants:

Dynamite (TheDirtyMexican)

Kopite Pete (PeteAKopite)

byrnie (StevieGisgr8 )

kopitelewis (Lewis_B_1993)

chevettehs (doubleg213)

ShoePiss (kdalglish)

WaltonRed (WaltonRed)

thomas23 (tomfrances)

ted tucker (woysplums5121)

Stouffer (Hank_McPain)

AquiMan

BringbackBiscan (JennyG962)

thisisanfield (steviemoo82)

I shall be starting the draw now. The video should be ready in no more than 30 minutes.

Mint, have I had a bye to the quarters?

It's a proud moment for me to reach the second stage of a FIFA tournament. Never done it through the traditional online tournaments.

Yep, you've had a bye in the quarters.

As we didn't quite get the magical 16 participants, there are 3 lucky(?) people who will advance to the quarter finals as a result.

Now, for the bit no one really likes... The rules!

1. Each tie is to be played over 2 legs, with each player taking turn as host*. (Hopefully this will eliminate any possible lag issues)

2. Each half will be 6 minutes in length. (Seems to be the default playing time)

3. A player can select any league club they wish, with the exception of 5 star teams. (No fancy Dan FIFA collection teams, Lewis!)

4. Participants to PM each other to arrange suitable time to play. Please also include myself on all PM's.

5. Results of both games to be PM'd to me, by both players.

*Player A invites player B, and then vice-versa. I understand that connections are made to EA servers for this game, but am not sure where these servers are based.

If there are issues with arrangements, or entrants do not respond to PM's, then I would look to progress the "active" player following a period of 48-72 hours from the initial contact. (Unless there are circumstances beyond control of course). The last thing we'd want is the tourney stalling waiting for someone to respond to a PM...

Feel free to PM me at any time if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Allan.

Just a heads up. The list on the previous page of clubs is pre update. Newcastle are now a four and a half star team. I don't know if any clubs have dropped down from five star or moved up to five star.

I'm thinking of playing with Newcastle or Swansea. Are two people allowed to play with the same team in this or do we have to get our picks in?

Just a heads up. The list on the previous page of clubs is pre update. Newcastle are now a four and a half star team. I don't know if any clubs have dropped down from five star or moved up to five star.

I'm thinking of playing with Newcastle or Swansea. Are two people allowed to play with the same team in this or do we have to get our picks in?

Cheers for the heads up regarding the possible changes post update.

I don't think it makes too much difference if 2 people are the same side. If you wish to pick your team in advance and post it in here, then that's fine with me, but I have no real issue either way. I also don't really mind if people want to change teams as the tourney progresses, so long as no 5 star teams are used.

I'd rather the tourney be about the player's skill, and not the attributes of the team that they are using, with those few 5 star team exceptions...

EDIT: As a complete FIFA n00b, I assume that all updates are supplied and applied automatically?

Just in the door from work mate, I'll see if I can get on then. Been hit with the task of a sticking a new tv unit up. I should have known my dinner being on the table was too good to be true!

No problem hombre, I'll check back before 2130 to see what the gen' is. I work 0700 to 1800 then it's kids, gym, bait before relax so I'm normally busy 'till about 2100 if you need to do Friday.