You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Comolli’s £17M Bid Rejected | The Transfer Tavern | Where football transfer rumours fly or die!

The People reported yesterday that Manchester City have outbid Liverpool for Valencia midfielder Juan Mata. According to the paper, City have tabled a bid in the region of £22million and they have spoken to Valencia president Manuel Llorente over finalising the deal.

It is believed that Roberto Mancini’s side are in advanced talks with the player after securing their place in the Champions League next season.

The paper also states that Liverpool Director of Football Damien Comolli offered Valencia £17million for the player, and that Chelsea are also interested. It seems however that Mata could be heading for Eastlands.

Jesus, how many left wingers do City needs?

Fair play to Madrid for what exactly?

Selling one player for that much (If they did). They might actually get round to buying players that could grow as a team and attempt to take the crown off barca in the next few seasons than just buy the world's best players and hope they gel.

Thank you. I couldn't of said it better

I remember us being linked with him a few years back when Rafa was incharge and I was unsure of him because i'd never heard of him or seen him play. Since then i've seen quite a bit of him and have been very impressed. He's the sort of player Andy Carroll would thrive off.

I remember us being linked with him a few years back when Rafa was incharge and I was unsure of him because i'd never heard of him or seen him play. Since then i've seen quite a bit of him and have been very impressed. He's the sort of player Andy Carroll would thrive off.

Exactly. And he does have a deadly shot!

City have one of the dumbest transfer strategies in history.

I remember Chelsea about 4 years ago just bidding for players to price everyone else out of the market. They at least didn't actually buy every single player they could.

With City it seems to be, fuck it, lets buy them all with no consideration given to how these players are supposed to fit or the fact that theres already 10 players who play in their position.

Prieto? I recall Rafa was after him for a year or two, not that good but better than Stu Ripley, although more of a Jason Wilcox than a Steve Guppy.

He was supposed to be the next big thing to come out of Sociedad when Xabi left, but for some reason he hasn't quite realised his potential.

I think his problem is that he stayed at Sociedad too long and has stagnated. He's still a decent player though. Although I don't think hes good enough to help make us great again.