You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy to clear the deadwood

Hermes

I disagree, it may be a different role to what Rafa had, but no manager should be allowed to control a club the way benitez wanted sacking everybody and hiring a harem of yes men. Were did he say purslow was in charge of transfers he may be in control of the financing of them, but given he's the MD what's unusual there?

Hodgson picks and scouts the targets as he proved attending a shit loads of games since season started, like the way he watched and decided the PSV lad wasn't what we required, if your suggesting purslow is choosing targets then no point discussing it with you

If you're suggesting that Hodgson didn't have time to get a striker then there's no point in discussing it with you.

He clearly wanted one and the club had all summer to get one. They could've even got one when Mascherano left.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're suggesting that Hodgson didn't have time to get a striker then there's no point in discussing it with you.

He clearly wanted one and the club had all summer to get one. They could've even got one when Mascherano left.

No we did and we bid for 1 in Cole,and we looked at the PSV lad and had the money for him but thought better of it, it's obvious are transfers were depending on mascherano going, unfortunatly that's the position were in financially that we were only spending what we get, what my point is Hodgson picks the targets and not Purslow as has been suggested

No we did and we bid for 1 in Cole,and we looked at the PSV lad and had the money for him but thought better of it, it's obvious are transfers were depending on mascherano going, unfortunatly that's the position were in financially that we were only spending what we get, what my point is Hodgson picks the targets and not Purslow as has been suggested

You said earlier we didn't have time to get a striker. We had all summer.

I disagree, it may be a different role to what Rafa had, but no manager should be allowed to control a club the way benitez wanted sacking everybody and hiring a harem of yes men. Were did he say purslow was in charge of transfers he may be in control of the financing of them, but given he's the MD what's unusual there?

Hodgson picks and scouts the targets as he proved attending a shit loads of games since season started, like the way he watched and decided the PSV lad wasn't what we required, if your suggesting purslow is choosing targets then no point discussing it with you

Benyoun?

Cos he's better than Brad Jones imo. And wouldn't cost 2.3min transfer fees.

My main problem with peoplegoing is that we didn't resolve a weakness in the squad.

Rafa got grief for 'choosing' to buy a midfielder instread of a striker. I say 'choosing' cos it's known he had plyers lined up and themoney was pulled.

Roy isn't given grief for 'choosing' to not buy a striker. I believe he wanted a striker but they wouldn't let him have one.

It's the 'I didn't want a striker anyway' that i don't like.

Maybe he doesn't want to waste money on any old striker though, if he is waiting for the right player to become available at the right price then good on him.

How do you know that?

If we did bid for Cole, it was obviously a shitty knock-down bid in the hope they were desperate enough to take it.

We had all summer, if we wanted Cole, we would have negotiated a deal, agreed terms, much like with Konchesky, then when the funds came in finalised the deal. Or we would have done that with another striker. Does that make sense?

Maybe he doesn't want to waste money on any old striker though, if he is waiting for the right player to become available at the right price then good on him.

I'm sure he could've found one that was better than Ngog in 2 months.

I'm not having a go at Hodgson really, i believe the board stoppe dhim getting a striker by not doing it before the last day of the deadline.

I didn't like him making excuses like not enough time for the club not getting a striker.

How do you know that?

If we did bid for Cole, it was obviously a shitty knock-down bid in the hope they were desperate enough to take it.

We had all summer, if we wanted Cole, we would have negotiated a deal, agreed terms, much like with Konchesky, then when the funds came in finalised the deal. Or we would have done that with another striker. Does that make sense?

£9m bid made at 4pm deadline day, we had our doctor in London, they knocked it back

You said earlier we didn't have time to get a striker. We had all summer.

No we didn't unlike the previous manager we have 1 that likes to scout players himself and not sign players without ever seen them play and on the word of dodgy Italian agents, we watched the PSV lad 3 times this season, and as i said he was obviously waiting to see how much we got for mascherano to see what we could go for

No we didn't unlike the previous manager we have 1 that likes to scout players himself and not sign players without ever seen them play and on the word of dodgy Italian agents, we watched the PSV lad 3 times this season, and as i said he was obviously waiting to see how much we got for mascherano to see what we could go for

I'm sure he's seen plenty of players play when in charge of Fulham.

I'm sure that's what happened with Meireles.

Why? If there was no money there at the time?

There was money from the player account that can't be touched except for players.

The money that, according to Purslow, the manager didn't want to spend last January.

Hodgson was completely fucked over.

Insted of buying Jones and Poulsen we could've got a striker.

Babel will be next out the door:

"The thing about Ryan is that for three years here he has not had much of a look-in," said the Reds boss, who will give Babel a chance to deputise for Fernando Torres in his preferred central striking position.

"He was brought into the club with a lot of pomp and ceremony after winning the European Under-21 championships.

"I saw him play several times because I was working for Uefa at those championships and he was the player who was being chased by clubs all over Europe at that time.

Unfulfilled potential

"Since coming here he has not fulfilled that potential, hasn't had the chance to.

"So when there were offers for him (in August) we were prepared to allow him to go down and speak to those clubs.

"But we made it perfectly clear that other things would have to slot into place before we were able to allow him to go.

"The other things we had in mind did not slot into place and now it is up to him to convince me.

"No doubt if, by January, he hasn't succeeded in convincing me that he is the player we need then he will have to accept we will be in the transfer market for a centre-forward once again.

There was money from the player account that can't be touched except for players.

The money that, according to Purslow, the manager didn't want to spend last January.

Hodgson was completely fucked over.

Insted of buying Jones and Poulsen we could've got a striker.

If the Echo is to be believed then there is money in January. Time will tell.

It wasn't Purslow that said that though was it Paul. How can he control what one of the owners of the club says?

I'm commenting in general terms, John.

Purslow did say we had money to spend, that we spent 20m net last summer, that money from the players account can't go anywhere else, only new players.

They're all lying cunts.