You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Roy Hodgson Thread

BexBissel

Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Is Roy Hodgson Good Enough to Manage Liverpool Football Club?

If Kenny came from Nepal I could not care less as long as he had the history with this club as he do and just to top it up is the only manager alive to win the league with two different clubs.

The reason Hodgson is a candidate is because he is English and have had recent "success" in Europe, the last English coach to do that got the England job and that was a great success.

Hodgson averages 1,27 points in the league with Fulham thats actually pretty poor.

Full list here.

http://www.premiersoccerstats.com/epl.html#

The reason he's a candidate is because he was LMA manager of the year last season and he probably wants the job.

I'm sure there are lots of better managers out there but you have to then find one that wants to do it.

I'm not banging a drum for Hodgson or saying he's the best man for the job, I'm just sick of the same fucking dribble-chins as always showing no respect whatsoever to a decent manager and, seemingly, a decent bloke.

I get the feeling the animosity and bitterness started by those who continually slated Rafa (before last season may i hasten to add) has started some sort of precedent.

Let us be honest our fanbase has been exploited and manipulated and while we all bicker between ourselves, Rome burns or in our case the debt increases by the day.

The reason he's a candidate is because he was LMA manager of the year last season and he probably wants the job.

I'm sure there are lots of better managers out there but you have to then find one that wants to do it.

I'm not banging a drum for Hodgson or saying he's the best man for the job, I'm just sick of the same fucking dribble-chins as always showing no respect whatsoever to a decent manager and, seemingly, a decent bloke.

The LMA giving Hodgson manager of the year is like the vatican giving the Pope the Nobel Peace prize.

And why is that?

One word, English.

For the respect, I dont see the need to slag him off myself, the man has done nothing wrong, he`s just not good enough really.

And why is that?

One word, English.

For the respect, I dont see the need to slag him off myself, the man has done nothing wrong, he`s just not good enough really.

I presume it's because he took a team that was odds on for relegation and in two seasons, with very little money, nearly won the Europa Cup with them.

It's just a guess though.

Very disappointed if it is Hodgson. For me it shows a real lack of footballing knowledge. There are better and more exciting options out there, but there is very little knowledge of the game at Anfield at the moment, apart from Kenny, and with all due respect to him we can't expect him to be up on the game throughout Europe and the world.

Of course, the real problem is the owners, but Hodgson is on a hiding to nothing and I'd have liked to have thought even those Cowboys would show a little more ambition. As the team falls, their investment falls. No wonder Hicks' baseball team is bankrupt.

Twat. I was going to say that you were Dusty Springfield to Usher's Kirsty MacColl, but you can get fucked. You are the Petula Clark of Irish free newspapers.

Dave, if you're reading this, you are the Aretha Franklin of fanzines and Kelly is one of the fat birds who was in the Weather Girls.