You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Once again, yes, because he had to go. Hodgson's appointment isn't what we wanted, a new manager is what the majority wanted as it was what we needed.

Fair enough - you're entitled to an opinion. Shouting down the consequences of that action was pointed out and I honestly believe that those who were demanding Benitez be given the shove should now take thier portion of the blame like men.

No good blaming the Leeches for appointing the wrong man. That was always going to happen.

I do think some are being too harsh. At the end of it all, if Roy is to be our manager then he will get my full support, he will have to earn respect from us. Yes he may not be Hiddink, Riijkard or even Dalglish, but he is a very competent manager and manager of the year 2010. Its been reported that he has been the most outstanding candidate and stood out from the rest.

Only time will tell in terms of his tactics, man-management (something we are in severe lack of) and who he buys but all i am gonna say is if Roy is to be our manager, go for it Roy lad, show us what you can do :yes:

On what criteria? The ability to sit back and shut up whilst the owners and their hired help rape the club?

On what criteria? The ability to sit back and shut up whilst the owners and their hired help rape the club?

It is for this reason I am of yet reluctant to pledge any support for a manager who could be complicit in the break up of the club. I suppose we shall see.

I agree with what you say to an extent but to be fair, the consequences of the witch hunt conducted against Benitez were pointed out.

I think it's fair to apportion a greater part of the blame for this situation against those that effectively gave the Leeches the feeling that there would be support for their actions.

He's gone - we're no better off for that.

I am gutted Rafa left, no apologies from me.

But this appointment has nothing to do with those who wanted Rafa gone for the good of the team, I am not talking about the beauts, they were irrelevant then and they are now. I am talking about those whose reservations about Rafa were genuine and not personal, they don't deserve to be criticised because this board is self serving, that is unfair.

And also if you gave Rafa support up until the day he was sacked, then you don't have to offer your support for Roy either!

Yes. We needed a change. We don't necessarily need a better manager than Benitez, just a different one.

No, we need a different, better manager. They are available. Downgrading is not something that is admirable as far as football managers go.

I do think some are being too harsh. At the end of it all, if Roy is to be our manager then he will get my full support, he will have to earn respect from us. Yes he may not be Hiddink, Riijkard or even Dalglish, but he is a very competent manager and manager of the year 2010. Its been reported that he has been the most outstanding candidate and stood out from the rest.

Only time will tell in terms of his tactics, man-management (something we are in severe lack of) and who he buys but all i am gonna say is if Roy is to be our manager, go for it Roy lad, show us what you can do :yes:

Only time will tell????? He's been in the game for almost three decades - how much more time does he need?

God you would have thought Fat Sam was getting the job judging by some of the reaction on here.

I hope people get behind Roy, I fear they won't.

Hodgson has deffo been given the job?

where is that being reported?

BBC are saying it will be done by Thursday, they don't usually speculate.

But this appointment has nothing to do with those who wanted Rafa gone for the good of the team, I am not talking about the beauts, they were irrelevant then and they are now. I am talking about those whose reservations about Rafa were genuine and not personal, [they don't deserve to be criticised because this board is self serving, that is unfair.

I think that's where we differ - I think that the majority of those shouting for Benitez to go were self serving, indeed it got to the point that Benitez was irrelevant and it was all down to one side or the other wanting to be able to say "We were right".

I honestly believe that if they hadn't have been so vocal, hadn't have shown support for the board and their wish to get rid of an obstacale (Benitez) to their plans the board wouldn't have been able to follow it through.

It's not as if the consequences of their demands weren't pointed out, it's not as if the Leeches have done things covertly, it's not as if the rape of the club crept up on people and surprised them.

Me too,i only hope our so called big named players stay and give him thier support.

We dont want players mopeing about in a strop like last season,its all hands to the pump this season.

I hope they are hiring him on a one year deal and can then pull the plug if we get taken over. 3 or 4 year deal will be very depressing.

Thats exactly why they are hiring him, Anny. Give him a one year rolling contract, if he does shite or opens his mouth in any way we can sack him for a very small fee. They will also use this when trying to sell the club by saying that the manager wont be very hard to get rid of. Its sickening. The club is on its knees and it will be like this for years.

He have to be off his head Robbie to take us on under those circumstance. Unless it was mega bucks (which I doubt). His stock has arguably never been higher and he is favourite for the England job.

Why would he risk that for a one year contract at a club desperate for scapegoats. It does not add up to me.

God you would have thought Fat Sam was getting the job judging by some of the reaction on here.

I hope people get behind Roy, I fear they won't.

They are pretty much on the same level as managers, one is more polite, though.

Anyway, people will get behind him, no problem. We are LFC, that is what we do.