You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leverkusen's Net spend

WaltonRed

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering what those people who think we are were we are because we dont spend enough money on players and wages think of Bayer Leverkusen who are currently top of the German 1st division.

Bayer Leverkusen Transfers

They've spent next to nothing in the past few seasons.

Bayern and Wolfsburg have far outspent them.

How do you think Leverkusen would do in our league with that spend?

I don't agree that you can only be successful if you spend the most.

It helps if you have more resources, but you still have to spend well.

Rafa has had £230 million over six season's, which is plenty of funds and time to be expecting a title challenge not to be over by October and out of the other three cup competitions we started in.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Rafa has had £230 million over six season's, which is plenty of funds and time to be expecting a title challenge not to be over by October and out of the other three cup competitions we started in.

That's a very narrow view, mate.

Not my point.

Of course its all relative but I just think it goes to show you have a manager who goes out to win more games than trying to control them you can do wonders even on a small budget.

Point is, it's all very well doing that in Germany where the football is very very different to here (I lived in Germany for 14 years) - bring that sort of approach to games here and you wouldn't be in the Prem very long Let alone challenging for honours.

Guest PurpleNose

Do you expect a title challenge from Villa and Spurs?

German football is a lot different to England.

Bayern spend really big money and that's it as far as i can see. If Bayern have a decent seaosn, they ususally win the league.

If Leverkusen were competing against 3 teams with soem of the biggest budgets in the world, it would be an unbelievable achievement fo rthem to win the league.

Point is, it's all very well doing that in Germany where the football is very very different to here (I lived in Germany for 14 years) - bring that sort of approach to games here and you wouldn't be in the Prem very long Let alone challenging for honours.

So if we chose to play proper football instead of the turd we've been served for years by Benitez then we'd go down??

Close your mouth. There's fuckin poo everywhere.

Well the shite we play is doing brilliantly in the Prem isnt it?

So if we chose to play proper football instead of the turd we've been served for years by Benitez then we'd go down??

Close your mouth. There's fuckin poo everywhere.

Yep - I bet we would. Even Arsenal revert to 'defensive' football when their results go bad. To ignore that side of the game would see teams struggling at the bottom of the table without a shadow of a doubt.

Don't get so touchy simply because someone has a different opinion to you. When you grow up you'll find that adults tend to talk about differences of opinion rather than simply name calling.

Leverkusen play in a league where money has less of an impact because there isn't club after club after club spending huge amounts of money. There's Bayern and they, like Real, sack managers even after they've won the league and experience huge amounts of instability as a result, which allows other teams to capitalise. It's like comparing apples and orange. No offence Mick, but it's a poor debate.

That's a very narrow view, mate.

Why?

I think Benitez has spent well, on the whole.

But he can't blame a lack of funds as to why we aren't challenging for the title. His tactics and fail to get the best out of the team is the main reason.

Why didn' you just start a thread saying you want Rafa sacked instaed of just using Leverkusen as a n example to try to get your point about Rafa across?

Yep - I bet we would. Even Arsenal revert to 'defensive' football when their results go bad. To ignore that side of the game would see teams struggling at the bottom of the table without a shadow of a doubt.

Don't get so touchy simply because someone has a different opinion to you. When you grow up you'll find that adults tend to talk about differences of opinion rather than simply name calling.

I didn't do any name calling. But carry on....

When Benitez finally fucks of to Juve (please, god, can it be today??) then you might just take your head out of your arse and then you'll see that this particular adult was right along.

Shocker.

Leverkusen have NEVER won the Bundesliga. They are top by goal difference (+1) over Bayern with 11 games to play...

Being top after 23 games of a 34 game season means fuck all if you ask me. We'll see where they are at the end of the season.

I'd give my hind leg to be in with a chance with 11 games to go.

Leverkusen play in a league where money has less of an impact because there isn't club after club after club spending huge amounts of money. There's Bayern and they, like Real, sack managers even after they've won the league and experience huge amounts of instability as a result, which allows other teams to capitalise. It's like comparing apples and orange. No offence Mick, but it's a poor debate.

No offence taken Dirk.