You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Perfect Studio Albums.

scousechris

For me there is a long list of Perfect Studio Albums... at the moment

the top of my list is Daft Punk - Human After All, which I feel beats Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon in some respects.... MIGHTY BIG STATEMENT.....

What do you good folks think?

Are you deaf, if so i apologise, if not wtf!. Not only is Dark Side of the Moon one of the best albums ever but that Daft Punk effort is there worst release to date.

Pearl Jam - Ten

Radiohead - OK Computer

NIN - Downward Spiral

Aja and Dark Side Of The Moon are good calls.

Even many classic albums have one duff song on them.

Other choices of mine:

Abbey Road

Revolver

The Joshua Tree

Born To Run

Purple Rain

Rio

Street Fighting Years

Kick

Band On the Run

American Idiot

Those artists may have made better albums but as an entity each of those is pretty perfect in my view. That song with the stupid dog on it rules Meddle out for me!

couldn't agree more... any album arranged around the fibonacci sequence is pretty special.

It's actually the title track instead of the whole album that uses that sequence as far as I know, but it's still an amazing album and that track itself is one of the best. You can pick out one way they use the fibonacci by listening to how Maynard arranges his lyrics. Amazing tune.

Paul Simon - Graceland.

I credit this as the album that got me in to music.

i still have the first edition CD from 1986 that my Dad bought in the States back when we were the only people I knew who even had a CD player!

I still listen to it all the time. It never, ever tires or gets old and it still makes me feel 8 years old.

Amazing.

After listening to it about five times yesterday, I feel I can add Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth to the list.

Repped. I done exactly the same thing. I thought it was pretentious shit on the first listen years ago but i was determined to find the good in it. Then all of a sudden that thing comes alive!