You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Driving in the States

If in Vegas, DO NOT drive down the strip unless you are very very confident! It's crazy!

I am based in North Carolina, so I doubt I will end up anywhere near there. Its a bit nerve racking, but I have played enough GTA to feel confident on driving on the other side of the road

Damn right i'll miss you. daft strap on.

Cheers Robbie, still going to neg you when I can

I am based in North Carolina, so I doubt I will end up anywhere near there. Its a bit nerve racking, but I have played enough GTA to feel confident on driving on the other side of the road

Cheers Robbie, still going to neg you when I can

Just put it on your checklist, and when you stop off in a village somehwere just log on and do what you have to do.

Guest ShoePiss

I don't think that other thread is worth bumping, there was a lot of playground shite in it really.

Anyway I think the best tip I can give is always expect a car just in front of you in another lane to move into your path without indicating. You start to get a feel for when the twats are going to do it, their road position in their lane changes a little bit like a twitch then they just go for it without looking or indicating.

I don't think that other thread is worth bumping, there was a lot of playground shite in it really.

Anyway I think the best tip I can give is always expect a car just in front of you in another lane to move into your path without indicating. You start to get a feel for when the twats are going to do it, their road position in their lane changes a little bit like a twitch then they just go for it without looking or indicating.

Cheers mate

Guest ShoePiss
Cheers mate

Varies by state but every one I've been to allow you to right turn on a red light...unless otherwise stated.

Varies by state but every one I've been to allow you to right turn on a red light...unless otherwise stated.

We got given a few things to watch out for and that was one of them. The other is that the American drivers like to tailgate a lot. I should imagine I should be fine with a bit of practice.

Guest ShoePiss
We got given a few things to watch out for and that was one of them. The other is that the American drivers like to tailgate a lot. I should imagine I should be fine with a bit of practice.

yeah don't let that get to you, also don't get excited when they 'under-take' as well as over take...just how it is.

Serious tip - when you're driving on a motorway there, and there's another road that goes over you like a flyover, the road name on the sign on the flyover (facing you) is the name of the flyover road. Not the one you're on.

Fucking stupid system. I used to get lost a lot.

But then I'm a bit simple.

Oh, and from personal experience if you run out of petrol on a 'freeway', it's best not to try to run across 7 lanes of traffic to safety on foot.

And when the police come up behind and pull you over, stay in the car. I jumped out and ran over to their car to acknowledge that I was speeding and hopefully stop them giving me a ticket, but they prefer to check the car isn't stolen and you're not on America's Most Wanted before they approach you.

Jumping out and running over to them before they've checked your plates just puts them on edge and they only pull their guns out on you.