You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barca v Sporting Geeeeeeehon

Gav

Read the first sentence of my post. If Dave corrects me on the first bout of negotiations I'll hold my hand up.

Parry fucked about for weeks when he could have steamed in with a solid bid and called his bluff.

Much as i dislike saying something isn't Parry's fault, i don't think this one can be laid at his door.

They had no intention of selling at anything other than really stupid money (well over £20m) which we didn't have.

They did the same with the Chavs a year later & upped prices after they were agreed.

Much as i dislike saying something isn't Parry's fault, i don't think this one can be laid at his door.

They had no intention of selling at anything other than really stupid money (well over £20m) which we didn't have.

They did the same with the Chavs a year later & upped prices after they were agreed.

How much did Barca pay?

1. Del Nido had abslotely no intention of selling us.

We met his price so he upped it.

If we hat met that he would have upped that.

A year later he did exactly the same with the Chavs who got well over £23m

The deal finally went thru after they had a gentleman's agreement in the wake of Puerta's death.

2. 2008 is not 2006.

Our budget was much higher in 2008 due to the new TV deal kicking in.

You do realise that asset price levels change don't you? If not would you like to buy some RBS shares at the 2007 price?

When the critics of Rafa are as lazy as you appear to be, people wonder why there can't be genuine debate on this forum about his many mistakes.

Alves had a £12m release cause in his contract at the time which his agent confirmed so thats all it would of taken to buy him.

And whats wrong with spending the majority of your buget on 1 top quality player? he chose to buy in bulk(nothing unfamiliar there) and signed Pennant and Bellamy...i wonder where they are now? :whistle: