You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gourcuff doesnt play for Milan anymore does he?

Ancelotti applauds Gourcuff

Tuesday 14 October, 2008

Milan tactician Carlo Ancelotti has congratulated Yoann Gourcuff for his impressive form while on loan at Bordeaux.

Gourcuff became increasingly frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities at San Siro having spent the majority of last term warming the bench.

The French midfielder was sent to Bordeaux in the summer to spend the season in Ligue 1 and he has wowed the fans at the Stade Chaban Delmas.

“I'm happy for Gourcuff because he has found the right environment at Bordeaux where he can show his best qualities.

“He showed promise here but then he lost that when he wasn't playing very much for us.

“Now he is doing well and we are all happy for him. He will certainly return because he is only away on loan.

“Are we incompatible? If we are then maybe he will come back and I will leave,” Ancelotti joked in conclusion.

channel4.com - Football Italia

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume everyone would like to see Agger start against Wigan?

Or would people prefer to see Hyypia against their physical strikers?

i would prefer Skrtel to start and keep the continuity going but left with a choice of Sammi or Agger well i feel it will tell us volumes about what is going on if Sammi gets the nod

I assume everyone would like to see Agger start against Wigan?

Or would people prefer to see Hyypia against their physical strikers?

I was thinking the exact same thing just after Skirts injury. Agger will get his chance now I thought until I remembered that we were playing Wigan. I bet Rafa wanted to play Sami against Wigan regardless. However, he wont want Aggers first games back to be Atletico away and Chelsea away so I'd imagine he might now opt for Agger against Wigan to get him back on the road to match sharpness.