You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"A Blessing in disguise"

Guest Phil C

If we where still in the CL and had a chance of winning the Prem

WE (supporters) WOULD have thought it too Gav !

Agree with Longo !

It a matter of opinion .

Have your own and not what you think you should be saying ..............is mine .

this feels like it could be my first REAL ........... " agenda time "

nah ,you guys are totally missing my point .Phil you are to caught up with pathetic attempts at agenda humour with your superior to read what I posted .(you really need to get out more cos these agendas will make you go mad ...go to your local .Pick a fight .happppy days LOL)

Nah seriouslty tho, all I am saying is that when GH said that ,everyone hounded him .Totally over the top (IN MY OPINION) .but it seems to me that there may have been a mis-interpretation of what GH said and the contaxt he said it .

a lot of sense as always ;-).GH was just trying to put on a brave face and downplay our exit.

Did anyone really expect him to be brutally honest and say something like:

"This is one more failure in a season where our chances of European and League Championship success have already been ruined by the bad form of various players and in particular the inability of our strike force to convert a reasonable proportion of the numerous chances we have been creating".

It would obviouisly have been better to say nothing at all but that is not always an option these days.What else could he have said without being accused of slagging off the players in public or of undermining the already shaky confidence of the team?

And to reply to "King" John`s post below-I have tried posting on RAOTL but I keep getting Critical Error.:-)

Stephen Long time fella ! You enjoyin life below the Glens????

How many of those Arsenal WC players were actually there for the knockout stages ????? How many were there as long as DIDI.Only 1.

We had Diouff,Sally,Didi,Mickey O, and Emily Plus GH and Sammy Lee were there at the Final.

The Gooners had Cole , Campbell,Seaman,and Gilberto.plus Wenger was at the final .

The Mancs had Ferdinand ,Butt Scholes ,Ziggy beckham played 2 games and that was it .Slur Alex deemed the final un-neccessary.