You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pennant said he has 10 assists

Paco

this season in the match programme for the Arsenal game a couple of weeks back. Another 1 against Reading at the weekend makes 11 assists and 1 goal.

I've been back through the ratings and can only see 4 or 5 but I did miss a few games.

is this right? 11 assists?

Cross for Crouchy overhead vs Galatasary?

Was that Finnan? It depends on the definition of assist, some calculate it as the final ball, others calculate it as having a significant role in the build up i.e. the pass to the player who played the final ball.

Was that Finnan? It depends on the definition of assist, some calculate it as the final ball, others calculate it as having a significant role in the build up i.e. the pass to the player who played the final ball.

Ahh the '2nd man assist', for example Masch ball to Pennant, which was a bloody beaut, which crossed to Crouch against Arse.

I don't really like the recent increased talk of assists. The most important pass is the telling pass - if you are fortunate to receive the telling pass and square it to the unmarked man in the middle, you claim the assist.

Football is too difficult to be quantified by statistics (though they can be helpful if applied appropriately).

As for Pennant, he can think what he likes. His job is to put telling crosses in for our forwards to have good chances. He has done this sparingly this season and remains little more than a squad man.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/players/player=51552/index.htmlAccording to Uefa he has only 2 assists in CL not 3 so someone is wrong

Maybe they're not counting Haifa, only the CL proper.

Pennant was very good again tonight. For me he's definitely done enough now to show that he deserves to be here next season, albeit only as a squad player which at the end of the day is all I ever expected him to be.

Just at first glance, am I wrong in thinking one against Reading at home was a Crouch knockdown than Kuyt put away?

No that's right, Dirk's second was from a corner that Pennant took, Crouch got the initial header and Dirk buried the rebound. Was a good corner from Pennant mind.