You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UFC

Rex Banner

McGregor has been the biggest earner by a long shot. Followed by Rousey then Lesnar.

Wand and Chuck should have fought in the Pride GP. Chuck lost to Cotoure so entered the GP beat Overeem then Rampage fucked him up. Wand won the GP being the killer he was then

McGregor has been the biggest earner by a long shot. Followed by Rousey then Lesnar.

Wand and Chuck should have fought in the Pride GP. Chuck lost to Cotoure so entered the GP beat Overeem then Rampage fucked him up. Wand won the GP being the killer he was then

Chuck then went on a tear up in the UFC and then about the time they squared up in the vid above was about the time the fight should of happened.

It turns out Pride used the Chuck V Wand square off in UFC for promotion for the upcoming Pride US card they had, and I don't think they had any intention of letting Wand fight in UFC. I think either Dan Henderson or Cro Cop KO Chuck shortly after that and killed off the old Axe Murderer.

Fuck I miss those times...

The fact Chucks run in the UFC came after the Pride GP shows how much of another level pride was at the time.

The UFC champs were(outside of Penn) not on the level of Pride

Completely agree, UFC had a stronger stable of smaller fighters Hughes/GSP/Penn/Serra etc etc don't even get me started on the UFC HW division around those times.

Don't agree me mate. Been what? 5 years is it?

It'd break my heart to see him come back and not be the force he was.

He's still in very good shape, I'm guessing he'd walk back in and pick up where he left off? To be honest I couldn't even tell you who the Welterweight champ is at the moment, so he can't be that good?

Woodley's the champ, and I reckon he gives GSP a pretty hard fight. George certainly wouldn't be able to control him with wrestling like he did a lot of his opponents.

I'm on the fence about him returning, tbh. In terms of his reputation, there's not much to be gained, and a lot to lose. And it depends what weight, too. At welterweight he'd still be competitive; top 5 definitely, but at middleweight I reckon any of the top 5 beat him handily.

Woodley's the champ, and I reckon he gives GSP a pretty hard fight. George certainly wouldn't be able to control him with wrestling like he did a lot of his opponents.

I'm on the fence about him returning, tbh. In terms of his reputation, there's not much to be gained, and a lot to lose. And it depends what weight he comes back at, too. At welterweight he'd still be competitive; top 5 definitely, but at middleweight I reckon any of the top 5 beat him handily.

How goods the blokes wrestling? GSP prety much dominated any elite wrestler he fought stood up and on the ground.

The break will have let him heal and recharge.

He will dominate Woodley wrestling wise if he is 80% of what he was. This is a guy that wrestled with Hughes,Koscheck and Hendricks.

He's only 35 still a few years left. Its not like he's sat on the couch

Yeah I meant in the wresting. Again, I could be wrong as it's ages since I watched it, but I'm sure it wasn't nearly as effective a tool as it had been for him in his other fights.

And I'm a huge GSP fan, don't get me wrong, he's defo right up there as one of the greatest of all time.

It's too big a break away for me. He has definitely been keeping in the gym but big difference competing again especially when it seemed more of a mental exhaustion which made him walk away.

He's my all time favourite but how often do people say 'walk away while on top' and fighters don't, he did, and as much as I'd like to see him come back and dominate again I'd rather remember him for how great he was.