You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Code

How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?

• It would make me sad and I'd probably cry a bit.
    • It would make me sad and I would write him a poem.
    • It would not bother me at all.
    • It would make me happy.
    • I dont know.

Yes and it just sounds like some strange logic with a lot of 'ifs and buts' in it.

No one expects us to be above city, Chelsea and Utd and most people would rip your arm off for 5th, fact is though we are not 5th and haven't been near it all season, besides its all well and good saying we are X amount of points of 4th/5th/6th but there are a lot of teams above us in better positions with more points in the bank and teams that have looked better then we have all season.

I don't want Rodgers sacked just like I didn't want Kenny sacked last year despite equally shit performances but I also don't get we're all the faith is that Rodgers is the man to lead us into the future.

It's a major gamble FSG seems to have took while cost cutting in the same season and I'm not comfortable with it, the only thing that might make me believe this season can be anything other then a massive failure is for them to get every move in January spot on, judging past performance and the names we are realistically being linked with(unimanginitive for me), I thinkbits doubtful.

Its more a mixture of hope and faith with Rodgers , i believe he can succeed but only if given time and money.

It might sound fairly simple but i like the fact that Rodgers has a genuine plan and vision for the club , what got me last season is that there was clearly no plan , it was a constant mish mash of formations and players in and out of the team regardless of form.

So many things going on last season that defied simple logic , theres some dodgy stuff going on this season but can see it getting much better with some decent signings.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have more hope than faith in Rodgers. The only faith I have right now, is in Suarez getting more goals this season than he did last. That's simply a matter of him not having a massive ban this time around. If Rodgers could only take advantage of having Suarez on the pitch, along with a fit Gerrard, Agger and Lucas, then I hope he'll get consistent performances out of the other players and we'll improve our league position over the rest of the season.

Gerrard said that they got that win against QPR for the manager - after what happened at Stoke. Their faith in Rodgers and his style of play is stronger than mine. Let's hope that the players continue with that mentality beyond January 2013 and perform the way they're supposed to. Otherwise, I don't know where we go from here.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You can just put it down to me not really being interested in hypothetical bollocks being used to excuse failings or defend an abysmal record.

I'll put it down to you having tempoorarily lost the ability to think. I'm not using anything as an excuse for anything else. You've simply lost the ability to understand.

Supporter. Sup-porter. Porter. Porter ale. Guinness. Don´t tell me you guys have been arguing here sober all day. Without any Guinness ? What kind of supporters are you anyway ?

Heil heil Brendan Rodgers. May the year 2013 be fruitfull for you and for your ideas. All hail Gerrard and the sweet mother of Jesus. And Josef. Amen.

FSG will give him time because they have no option – they are giving themselves time too. Time might help Brendan Rodgers, but, it would help him most of all if he used it to become a different type of manager. Unless Rodgers changes, time won't change anything.

dfanning@independent.ie

great article and pretty much sums him up for me