You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Battlefield 3

Allan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many cunts play Call of Battlefield 3. Obsessed with K/D ratio, they get off at crucial points of the match and instead of defending the charge, just head off into action. I put my mic on last night and screamed this at two arseholes who went off to do that and left me defending the charge on my own, where I eventually got overrun and we lost the match.

So many cunts play Call of Battlefield 3. Obsessed with K/D ratio, they get off at crucial points of the match and instead of defending the charge, just head off into action. I put my mic on last night and screamed this at two arseholes who went off to do that and left me defending the charge on my own, where I eventually got overrun and we lost the match.

We need to get some forum squads together. I'm metalmicky25 if people want to add me.

Had a go at the co op last night. My teammate was a complete spacker. I felt like John McClane.

Had a cracking game of Conquest earlier, despite my team barely losing. The oppo only had 7 tickets left at the end as well.

I took it upon myself to try and hold down D, the docks, while everyone else buzzed around in vehicles. Good fun. Can't remember the name of the map, but it's huge.

Enjoying the multiplayer in general, although the inability to simply back out of a lobby is irritating. Why do I have to either, wait for the next round to start before leaving? Or even worse, why do I have to quit the game completely, and then restart? Just to get into a new lobby...

What I will say is that this common perception that Battlefield is a more tactical game than CoD is something I cannot agree with. Both games have their own individual tactics, but the game mode requiring the most tactical nous for me, is Search & Destroy.

Rush and Conquest don't come close to S&D for me, although there are more tactical requirements for these game modes than there are for the CoD equivalents, Demolition and Domination.

TDM is TDM. He who reacts quickest, wins.

Got to agree with you on the campaign, dynamite. Beautiful graphics for the most part and stunning audio, but lacking substance... the cut sences do get a bit irksome as well.

I'd probably be a lot more pissed off if it wasn't for the multiplayer, which i'm very much getting into. I was a fan of BFBC2 so was expecting this to be enjoyable but then got slightly worried after the beta.. fortunately they seemed to have ironed out most of the glitches, the high res pack has improved the graphics too and i don't have to play operation metro all the time. I've actually left the campaign for now, (might finish it off at a later date) as i'm having so much fun with the multiplayer, although it did take a while to get used to.

There's been a lot of comparative talk about BF3 and COD (not here but generally), personally i don't see the point. Each game provides a different aspect of enjoyment for me so there's no point comparing the two of them.., just buy both of the fuckers! I probably lean more towards Battlefield but it's all down to personal taste.

I'd say the one thing that can let the game down (and it's not the games' fault) is your team mates. As people have already mentioned your team mates can be a serious hinderence to how well you do in a game. I was playing conquest on the map that dynamite was describing (one with the docks - flag D??) and i was constantly having to dart between C and B (which are fairly close) trying to capture the flags - where were my squad mates? - cunting around in planes doing absolutely nothing. I appreciate the lure of jets but for this map on conquest there was no need whatsoever - tanks yes, helis' yes, jeeps yes, jets - Get to fuck. I didn't mind too much in the end because i got a ridiculously high score (for me) and that was due to having no assistance from my team mates. Still lost the game, "Way to go guys!!"

Anyway, i'm up to rank 13 and enjoying the game immensely, definately worth renting or buying if you're a FPS fan

- xbox gamertag is elmerdinkley1 if anyone fancies errr "squading up"?..

One last thing.. has anyone unlocked the robot thing or know what it actually does??

Oh, and MagicS... that Paris map on conquest is insanely fun.

I'm one of the people that cunts around in aeroplanes.

Ah but do you cunt around in the jets doing nothing? If you're taking out helicopters and such then you're actually being useful... if not, errr.. start taking out some helicopters?... I've actually tried the jets a few times and i was definately being a hinderance, in fact i was fucking horrendous. Went something like 1. Take off 2. turn 3. turn some more 4. fire gun 5. crash

Ah but do you cunt around in the jets doing nothing? If you're taking out helicopters and such then you're actually being useful... if not, errr.. start taking out some helicopters?... I've actually tried the jets a few times and i was definately being a hinderance, in fact i was fucking horrendous. Went something like 1. Take off 2. turn 3. turn some more 4. fire gun 5. crash

I take off. Fly as high as I can. Then bail the fuck out.

I take off. Fly as high as I can. Then bail the fuck out.

Ha! Now that sounds a lot more useful than Turn, turn some more, fire gun, crash. Don't know why it never occured to me to try it (i spent a lot of time bail out of the plane in San Andreas and that was hella fun), probably easier and a lot more fun too... i shall experiment tonight. Ta

I was going to wait for MW instead of getting this but the brother in law bought it, didn't like it and give it to moi.

I'm finding this very hard to get used too. It's doesn't have the pick up and playability of MW at all, does it?

Psn is JennyG962 if anyone wants to add me. Nope, I'm not a girl, have to use the wee girls account for Ea games, since my own got banned.

Some little shit sent me a message after beating me on Fifa. I simply told him to go fuck himself & got banned for that! Little rat.

Just create a new account for yourself to be used only for BF3/MW3. Just remember to stick xX before, and Xx after, your name. It makes you 1337! Or so I'm told, over and over again....

As for the multiplayer, I'm loving it more, the more I play it. There are always going to be a few things that piss me off, but I'm trying me best not to get suckered in by them...

For me, the key to this is your team. They don't have to be the best in the world, but so long as they make the effort to play the fucking objective, then I'm as happy as a fat kid in a sweet shop...

Had a game of Rush on Grand Bazaar earlier, and the team was so evenly balanced it was unreal. Just perfect. We won our defensive round, but then lost the attacking round. One of the M-COM stations is a fucker to get to, and is easily defended by teams that know how to dig in.

I think a couple of the maps are either too large, or have to many flags for conquest, at least on the console versions. I'm sure it fits nicely on the PC, seeing as larger teams are accomodated on the PC. There's nothing worse than defending a flag for a while, on your own, and no one comes to attack it. Until you decide to make a move to the next flag, of course. Then, the whole world and his dog descend on the flag you were just defending...

Oh, as for the jets, I got in one, flew into the no fly zone, couldn't turn around, so blew up. I've not been back in one since, and nor shall I ever go back in one. I was always shit at flight sims...