You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Award for Celtic Fans

Celtic's supporters won the Fair Play award.

Celtic were beaten 3-2 in the Uefa Cup final by FC porto but their fans helped create a festive atmosphere around the match.

"Celtic is a unique club with many thousands of fantastic supporters," said Celtic's executive director Peter Lawwell.

"This award is a tribute to all of them, as they showed in Seville last year, they are the best fans in the world."

Thats what you get for staying behind to Boo the winners when they lift the trophy!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RedAdelphi

Celtic were beaten 3-2 in the Uefa Cup final by FC porto but their fans helped create a festive atmosphere around the match.

"Celtic is a unique club with many thousands of fantastic supporters," said Celtic's executive director Peter Lawwell.

"This award is a tribute to all of them, as they showed in Seville last year, they are the best fans in the world."

Thats what you get for staying behind to Boo the winners when they lift the trophy!!!

Best fans in the world? :no you cant be serious man!

Seen enough of them at Anfield last season to see that this is a load of Bile.

Guest RedAdelphi
Best fans in the world? :no you cant be serious man!

Seen enough of them at Anfield last season to see that this is a load of Bile.

PS.... Forgot to mention Rangers fans are idiots as well.

Guest Simon1973

Celtic fans all well used to staying behind to watch the winners picking up trophys :yes:

Best fans in the world? :no fcuking way.

They all act like smug Scottish gits because they are comfortable in the knowledge that because they play in a shit league with 2 clubs they will win the league 50 times out of the next 100 years at least.:wallbutt:

Guest Simon1973
They all act like smug Scottish gits because they are comfortable in the knowledge that because they play in a shit league with 2 clubs they will win the league 50 times out of the next 100 years at least.:wallbutt:

Send them or Rangers down to the English Premiership and they would'nt count - IMO.

Scottish football is rank :yes: and over in Northern Ireland the Irish League, which by the way is Part-Time is of better standard. The Portadown's and the Linfield's would more than hold their own with the Dunfermlines and the Partick Thistles of this world.

Gizmo, you're right out of the next 50 years or whatever Septic + Rangers will probably share it between them. :wallbutt:

Guest Harrower Jnr.
PS.... Forgot to mention Rangers fans are idiots as well.

Hey lay of the Rangers fans pal. All teams have dodgy elements to their support. All i can say is at least celtic did win something last year.lol

Guest Harrower Jnr.

Guys your comments about scottish football are harsh. I know from living down south everybody slates the scottish league and thats fair enough, but its not as bad as you guys may think.

The Celtic match was on radio 5 the other day. One of the celtic players was described as "a regular this season but he couldn't get a game with Sunderland reserves last season". I can't remember his name but maybe you can enlighten us.

I think the player you are looking for is Stanislav Varga mate. 6ft 5" tall and as I recall a donkey that makes Heskey look like Darcey Bussell (the ballerina).

Guest Harrower Jnr.

here boys am a rangers supporter and i thought u were meant to be all matey matey with the tims???

are u guys still bitter after liverpool got played of the park in 2 legs by scotlands second best team last year?

varga is a regular due to injuries! and gray doesnt get a game,

here boys am a rangers supporter and i thought u were meant to be all matey matey with the tims???

are u guys still bitter after liverpool got played of the park in 2 legs by scotlands second best team last year?

varga is a regular due to injuries! and gray doesnt get a game,

Less of the Tims buddy, there are plenty of us Red Bears.

I didn't think Liverpool got played off the park in either game, just that in the Anfield game they undeservedly scored first and we had to chase the game. This is one thing I am prepared to criticise GH for. Our inability to effectively chase a game when a goal down or facing opponents wanting a draw.

Guest heropsychodreamer
Guys your comments about scottish football are harsh. I know from living down south everybody slates the scottish league and thats fair enough, but its not as bad as you guys may think.

you`re totally right...it`s not as bad as we think...it`s even worse...

8)