You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If 4th looks unreachable...?

thechap

It might be too early to say now, but there will come a time when, on current form, we will realise that we aren't even going to make 4th. In fact, on current form, it is bloody obvious we aren't going to make 4th.

Were that the case do you see the season out with GH, letting him leave voluntarily and therefore with some honour intact while we don't even make the UEFA cup, OR do you take a gamble and sack him giving his successor at least some of the season to try and repair the damage?

The above assumes Houllier is going at/by the end of the season - and by Christ I hope he does. It also assumes that a replacement is quickly found. I know there has been a lot of debate about whom that might be, but I cannot believe that Moores does not have anyone in his mind for the job. He must be at least as fucked off as the rest of us.

Guest Original202

I havent got a clue anymore.

I have always said give GH until the end of this season. But I feel even if he stays, we aren't going to scrape into 4th place.

If he goes, who comes in? Unless the board have someone lined up then it would be pointless.

Either way the board shouldn't have to sack him. If GH wants to keep his dignity and respect from supporters which is getting smaller game by game, he would hold his hands up and admit he's taken us as far he can. But he's too proud and he won't.

I think Moores comments were a much bigger warning than a lot of people have made out. The next few weeks could be very interesting.

I think we'd all have a lot of respect for GH if he held his hands up and called it a day. Much more than if he continues to take us backwards and turn us into a greater laughing stock.

If he stays we continue to go backwards, lose Owen plus maybe one or two others and end up becoming a mid table side like Villa or Tottenham. If he goes, we get a new man in. How long should they be given to turn us into a successful side?

Hate to say it, but we shouldn't be looking at getting fourth place. I think we should write that off to be honest. I havent seen enough from us this season to suggest we are the fourth best team in the Premiership.

The reaction of the crowd today said a lot in my opinion. Where the hell do we go from here?

:|

Every interview GH makes he uses the excuse about being without Owen, Kewell, Baros and Carragher. Well, the first two should be back within 10 days or so and the other two maybe 2-4 weeks. That's why I would give him 4 weeks.

I think he really is in the Last Chance Saloon.

Carragher and Baros will take weeks to gain match fitness. Owen and Kewell will probably take a few games to regain their form. However, I have no doubt that we will finish 4th. There is no competition.

We were let down badly today by Heskey, Diouf, Murphy and top of the pile Riise. Riise hardly found a red shirt all afternoon.

the saddest thing about todays result was that it did not suprise me in the least, thats how low my expectation has fallen,there are some players in our team who by no fault of there own are not only not good enough for liverpool but are not capable of playing in the premiership

Guest smiler908

i honestly believe that it will come down to the yeovil game as to whether GH stays till the end of the season or, if we win , i think he will stay till may if we lose he will get the boot, to be honest at this moment in time i am not that confident that we will win.

GH, although was taking us in the right direction at one stage as quite clearly lost the the fans, board and some of the players confidence, it would be good to see him turn it round but i dont think he can.