You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton Town vs City of Liverpool !!!!

LFC Brian

Well if you are sightseeing mate, while you're in Hope street you might like to point out that this is the only city in the world with cathedrals at the opposite end of a street, and of different denominations. Now, being a proddy dog, i've only ever been in Paddys Wigwam once, that was for some lad getting made a priest (forget what it's actually called, ordained, is it?), but when I was a kid we were always in the Anglican cathedral, and the graveyard behind it, (aah, Leprechaun hunting, now that was a laugh) it's now a park! The inside of it is fucking fantastic, and it's got the highest and biggest bells in the world. (not sure about the biggest bit, but defo the highest).

There's also William Brown Street, art gallery and museum, and then walk up to London Road and show her the wildlife in some of the pubs up there, especially the Greekie. We took a Geordie mate in there once and he thought it was posh!!!

Well if you are sightseeing mate, while you're in Hope street you might like to point out that this is the only city in the world with cathedrals at the opposite end of a street, and of different denominations. Now, being a proddy dog, i've only ever been in Paddys Wigwam once, that was for some lad getting made a priest (forget what it's actually called, ordained, is it?), but when I was a kid we were always in the Anglican cathedral, and the graveyard behind it, (aah, Leprechaun hunting, now that was a laugh) it's now a park! The inside of it is fucking fantastic, and it's got the highest and biggest bells in the world. (not sure about the biggest bit, but defo the highest).

There's also William Brown Street, art gallery and museum, and then walk up to London Road and show her the wildlife in some of the pubs up there, especially the Greekie. We took a Geordie mate in there once and he thought it was posh!!!

London Road....What a lovely establishment of public houses and Gentlemen !!

That Alma de Cuba place is meant to be smart. Its a bar and restaurant in an old church, still with the altar and everything. Bit pricey but i supoose you get what you pay for. Ive been meaning to go myself sometime, but my uncle who's originally from round here but lives in Edinburgh and a mate of his who is a cockney went last week. Now his mate is some executive or something for a world wide pharmaceuticals company, house on the thames overlooking the London eye, fuckin raking it in. Been everywhere around the world. He was absolutely buzzing off the place, and the city in general. He couldnt get over the skyline. Its been a few years since he's been up and he cant believe how much its changed. To be honest i spend most of my time studying in sheffield now, and its made me realise how lucky we are and how impressive the inner city is nowadays, and its only getting better. So id defo give this place a try. Its just off Slater Street, maybe wood st? Im not sure, but might be worth a visit

That Alma de Cuba place is meant to be smart. Its a bar and restaurant in an old church, still with the altar and everything. Bit pricey but i supoose you get what you pay for. Ive been meaning to go myself sometime, but my uncle who's originally from round here but lives in Edinburgh and a mate of his who is a cockney went last week. Now his mate is some executive or something for a world wide pharmaceuticals company, house on the thames overlooking the London eye, fuckin raking it in. Been everywhere around the world. He was absolutely buzzing off the place, and the city in general. He couldnt get over the skyline. Its been a few years since he's been up and he cant believe how much its changed. To be honest i spend most of my time studying in sheffield now, and its made me realise how lucky we are and how impressive the inner city is nowadays, and its only getting better. So id defo give this place a try. Its just off Slater Street, maybe wood st? Im not sure, but might be worth a visit

I fully agree with ur point on appreciating the City,When I was living in Liverpool (for 27 years),I never really appreciated it,but since I have moved to Bolton its made me realise what an impressive City Liverpool really is,Ive been in Bolton for 7 months now and compared to Liverpool it just seems so small and lifeless

Good tip on Alma as well mate !!

St Georges Hall is impressive as you walk out of lime steet and despite all the cranes and new skyscrapers, the view of the city from the ferry is awesome if you want to do touristy bits.

Too many museusm and galleries to mention.

Plenty of people have given good restaurant recommendations but I'll add that the Korova group who developed and sold Alma de Cuba have opened a couple of other places in the last year, circo on the albert dock and geisha at the side of the philharmonic(used to be the varsity). Both are good, and one other restaurant to recommend is the pan american.

St Georges Hall is impressive as you walk out of lime steet and despite all the cranes and new skyscrapers, the view of the city from the ferry is awesome if you want to do touristy bits.

Too many museusm and galleries to mention.

Plenty of people have given good restaurant recommendations but I'll add that the Korova group who developed and sold Alma de Cuba have opened a couple of other places in the last year, circo on the albert dock and geisha at the side of the philharmonic(used to be the varsity). Both are good, and one other restaurant to recommend is the pan american.

Cheers for the suggestions,Pan America is Ok been there a couple of times,what type of food are the other ones ??

Easily the nicest bogs I have pissed in. Are the ladies lavs of the same high quality?

Apparently not - I showed the gents to a couple of female co-workers and they said they felt really let down by the standard of their own WC.

Circa looks really different and unusual.Does it have things going on in there while u r eating?

What type of people does it attract ??

I went midweek and there was a woman dressed as a ringmaster at the door but inside just a DJ, might be different on the weekend though.

cool types like myself go there 8)

I went midweek and there was a woman dressed as a ringmaster at the door but inside just a DJ, might be different on the weekend though.

cool types like myself go there 8)

I like the look of it,Ive just looked at Geisha as well which looks sound too,so Im deffo gonna go to one of these to now.Which one wud u reccomend mate

I cant open the menu for geisha !!!

I like the look of it,Ive just looked at Geisha as well which looks sound too,so Im deffo gonna go to one of these to now.Which one wud u reccomend mate

I cant open the menu for geisha !!!

circo, the bird in the ringmaster outfit was a knockout :thumbup: