You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Car crash?

rondeco

The 'I'm a Killer' thread got me thinking. Have you ever been in a car crash? Not just a poxy rub of a bumper? I've been in two. One where I flipped and rolled an old 96 renault clio. Walked out of that one without a scratch. Second one was in work. I was a passenger and we crashed into a boulder doing about 70. Head first. If I wasn't wearing my safety belt I was out the window. Broke my sternum though. But on the other hand I got a few quid for my pain.

Had a smash about a year or so ago where some dick-head pulled right in front of me and I was doing about 40mph and didn't even manage to hit the break as I was looking in the side-mirror when he did it. Wrote off his golf and fucked the front of my van up real bad.

I often wonder what would have happened to my legs if I were in my "made of tin" Saxo as it was the driver's side of the van that got the worst of it.

I had a motorbike accident about 5 years ago at about 70mph. I was hurtling down a country road that I know really well, it was dark, and I was going waaaay too fast considering how far ahead of me I could see. Anyway, there was a big lump of rock in the road which I saw way too late to do anything about. I hit it and flew into a ditch which luckily for me was full of stagnant water, so I smelt a bit high but didn't need to be taken home in a bucket. Bike was ok ish too. A bit of superficial damage and needed to be drained of all the water, but all things considered it worked out ok.

I also rode straight into the back of a car and crushed my testicles. I basically had a bruise the size of a dinner plate across my meat and veg, thighs and lower chest. That wasn't very nice.

Had a smash about 18 months ago coming back from Scotland down the A1. Some kid pulled stright out into the side of my alpha147. Mr Cath driving and me almost getting squashed in the passenger seat. Spun us through 180 degrees across the A1 and hurtled backwards until we stopped in a farmers field. All walked away ok but my car was written off and bits of his 206 were strewn across the road.

Borders Police said they were doing him for w/o due care and attention cos they were sick of smashes on the A1.

Worst bit was they gave me a Fiat Stilo to drive for a week.

Failed driving test twice, still can't drive.

Have crashed push bike more times than I can remember. Worst was going down a hill in Jesmond, Newcastle, next to Jesmond Dene, on a BMX with no brakes. Must have been doing around 25-30mph when a lorry deciced to block the whole road. My method of braking was to put my foot between the frame and rear wheel, it kind of worked but I skidded about 15 metres on the ground, went under the lorry, and hit a brick wall. The lorry driver was shaking when he got out, thought I'd had it, I was ok but had cuts and scabs for weeks up the left hand side of my body.

Really Mr Howard you're giving us all a bad name.

You want to see some of the shit ive had to deal with settling rta claims, legs missing, skin degloved etc- i love it...though now im dealing with fraudulent claims the amount of injury claims you get when theres no damage to either car !!! I blame those twats in the street 'had a claim in the last 3 years?