You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Any American Reds on here ??

mht1892

im just wondering because im in Florida on holiday in October and im there when we play the scumbags at Old Toilet.... need to know if theres any supporters clubs or sports bars that will show the game...

Red_In_Florida is from Florida (I assume) ;)

But he hasn't been on here for a while' date=' can't go wrong with Google mate

LFC Supporters club Florida

FOX & HOUNDS, FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

(954)942 7330

roy.yates@uslfc.com

Red_In_Florida is from Florida (I assume) ;)

But he hasn't been on here for a while, can't go wrong with Google mate

LFC Supporters club Florida

FOX & HOUNDS, FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA

(954)942 7330

roy.yates@uslfc.com

Hahha GOOGLE is boss mate, ive just Emailed him, I dont think Fort Launderdale is that far away from where I am, im staying at a Disney Resort by International Drive hopefully theres something near... I cant miss that

Hahha GOOGLE is boss mate' date=' ive just Emailed him, I dont think Fort Launderdale is that far away from where I am, im staying at a Disney Resort by International Drive hopefully theres something near... I cant miss that[/quote']

What the fuck is wrong with a holiday to the Canadian Arctic?

I'll take you on a skidoo ride, shoot some caribou and maybe wrestle a barrenground grizzly.

Soft arse.

I'll take you on a skidoo ride, shoot some caribou and maybe wrestle a barrenground grizzly.

Soft arse.

Im going to Canada next year mate...... I will twat the grizzly as well, theres enough grizzlies in dresses in town on a Saturday night :tease: :tease:

Soft arse.

Is it correct that with a grizzly you play dead and hope it goes away but with a black bear that's (literally) the last thing to do?

Soft arse.

Any good places to ski in Canada that arn't rediculously expensive? I could do with a good Grizzly wrestling. I'm tired of westling bulls.

im just wondering because im in Florida on holiday in October and im there when we play the scumbags at Old Toilet.... need to know if theres any supporters clubs or sports bars that will show the game...

Murphy's bar mate, just off international drive, went to orlando for the last three years and they have ALL games on in there, defo. fort lauderdale is quite a hike from orlando, so you and RiF will have to meet halfway ;)

there's also the george and dragon, again, just off int drive. you can't miss either of them. (although they sometimes charge $20 entrance fee and no free booze. i called the fella a robbing cunt and nearly got meself barred)

Watch out for pubs that say they've got it on and then, surprise, it's not.

too bad you're not coming to NYC, we've got a great supporters pub. the Manc pub is right up the street from it too. it makes for some interesting encounters before/after matches.

Murphy's bar mate, just off international drive, went to orlando for the last three years and they have ALL games on in there, defo. fort lauderdale is quite a hike from orlando, so you and RiF will have to meet halfway ;)

Murphy's bar sounds good, recon it will be a mixture or mainly reds .... How far is Fort Launderdale away then mate, if its an hour il get a cab.

Murphy's bar sounds good' date=' recon it will be a mixture or mainly reds .... How far is Fort Launderdale away then mate, if its an hour il get a cab.[/quote']

it'll probably be a mix but, i don't really know.

nah ft lauderdale is about 3 or 4 hours away maybe more.

Any good places to ski in Canada that arn't rediculously expensive? I could do with a good Grizzly wrestling. I'm tired of westling bulls.

Stay away from Whistler. Banff is supposed to be good but for decent cheap skiing the Ottawa area is probably best, but it's all on La Belle Province side (Quebec).

Try the poutine along with the poontang and, like the real couriers de bois and le lumberjacks, drink Laurentide. It's got a coq on the label.

Is it correct that with a grizzly you play dead and hope it goes away but with a black bear that's (literally) the last thing to do?

The grizzly, once it gets a taste of Welsh, well they fuck the salmon and berries right off. Why do you think in the BC phone book there are hardly any Jones' and Davies'.

Never, ever, play dead with any kind of bear. They are curious by nature and will come over and 'paw' at you. Soon as you move, you then startle them and then it's good night Irene. Never, ever, run away from bear. For sure it will chase you then and you will have no possibilities of survival.

If unarmed and with no bear spray, you make yourself as big as possible and wave your arms and scream at it (my Norwegian mate Lars Monsen has been known to yell Fuck off bear!) while walking back, but never losing eye contact. Never turn your back on bear.

If you're armed a warning shot should suffice, but if you've encountered a trouble bear, there is no choice but to shoot the animal as it will charge.

Stay away from Whistler. Banff is supposed to be good but for decent cheap skiing the Ottawa area is probably best, but it's all on La Belle Province side (Quebec).

Try the poutine along with the poontang and, like the real couriers de bois and le lumberjacks, drink Laurentide. It's got a coq on the label.

Yeah, banff is the bollocks mate. 3 resorts close to each other, 2 of the best ive ever been to for skiing and boarding are sunshine village and lake louise. Nothing like europe where you queue all fucking day.

The grizzly, once it gets a taste of Welsh, well they fuck the salmon and berries right off. Why do you think in the BC phone book there are hardly any Jones' and Davies'.

Never, ever, play dead with any kind of bear. They are curious by nature and will come over and 'paw' at you. Soon as you move, you then startle them and then it's good night Irene. Never, ever, run away from bear. For sure it will chase you then and you will have no possibilities of survival.

If unarmed and with no bear spray, you make yourself as big as possible and wave your arms and scream at it (my Norwegian mate Lars Monsen has been known to yell Fuck off bear!) while walking back, but never losing eye contact. Never turn your back on bear.

If you're armed a warning shot should suffice, but if you've encountered a trouble bear, there is no choice but to shoot the animal as it will charge.

That's what I've learned too, only that you should never have eye contact with the bear. Keep your front to it, walk slowly backwards and look down(ish). The most important thing though is to be noisy when you travel in an area where you can meat bears, just to alarm them so that you don't surprise them....

I spend a week this summer in the area where Monsen does most of his training. He has something like 10 months a year out in the wild, many of them in the Femundsmarka/Rogen. I went canoing there and saw a lot of caribou, some otter, a moose (on a distance), heard wolfs, but saw no bear (luckily). Saw some old bear tracks and found some knuckles (which could easily come from something else than a bear victim, most likely from something a glutton has enjoyed).

Guest Far and Tether
Im going to Canada next year mate...... I will twat the grizzly as well' date=' theres enough [b']grizzlies in dresses in town on a Saturday night[/b] :tease: :tease:

Nah, they're cougars.

Anyway, wanna meet up? :lol:

Guest Far and Tether

All true. And if it's a momma with cubs, don't even glance at the cubs. She'll have ya.

Guest Far and Tether
pfffffffftttttttttt..........

That's the spirit.

Anyway, there was a black bear in our back yard a couple summers back. My dog, who isn't particularly big, or brave, chased it out. Scariest encounter was wghen the stupid teenager I was working with chucked a rock into an overgrown ravine, and hit said momma black bear with two cubs, pure fluke. He wanted to run and I almost let him.

That's the spirit.

Anyway, there was a black bear in our back yard a couple summers back. My dog, who isn't particularly big, or brave, chased it out. Scariest encounter was wghen the stupid teenager I was working with chucked a rock into an overgrown ravine, and hit said momma black bear with two cubs, pure fluke. He wanted to run and I almost let him.

I couldnt handle big 12 foot bears and all that... thank fuck I live in the UK.