You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tactics

rondeco

I normally play some kind variation of 4-4-2 to be honest. I think playing with wing backs leaves you vulnerable on the wings, but that's just my personal opinion.

Are you sure you don't mean attacking full-backs, it's easy to get confused?

I usually go for a 4-1-3-2 formation which is a tad defensive but you then play the midfielders pushing out and being very attacking.

Normally use a version of 4-4-2 but am playing a game at the mo were I have started from non-league and working up and 3-5-2 with wing backs and an attacking midfielder behind the strikers and that is working out really well (am top of the second division in Spain with Ejildo). The only reason that I switched to that formation is that I signed a 31 yr old Aimar on a free and that is really the only role that he can play really well so I built the team around him.

Normally use a version of 4-4-2 but am playing a game at the mo were I have started from non-league and working up and 3-5-2 with wing backs and an attacking midfielder behind the strikers and that is working out really well (am top of the second division in Spain with Ejildo). The only reason that I switched to that formation is that I signed a 31 yr old Aimar on a free and that is really the only role that he can play really well so I built the team around him.

I don't know whether it was meant to be funny but I thought it was. FAO Rash anyone?

I don't know whether it was meant to be funny but I thought it was. FAO Rash anyone?

I re-read it after I wrote it and seen that myself and was going to delete it but then I thought fuck it and left it in, don't think that Rash comes in here anyway, and it is only a game!

Gray, do you feel you get enough players in the box? Do you have any special instructions for your wingers or focus passing?

I use the striker to hold the ball up, and the wingers run into the box. Most of my goals come from the wingers/full backs getting to the by-line and crossing or pulling the ball back. I've also got my midfielders shooting a lot as they tend to get space un front of the defence, so it's important they have good shooting. The build up play tends to be quite slow, except when I'm on the counter attack.

The only problem I have is that I tend to concede late goals which costs me a fair few points.

• 1 month later...