You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Amsterdam

Nunavut Patrick

Boss time there. I ate frikandel, crokette, poffertjes twice and got clam baked a few times with my mate as I don't smoke

Found a pub on Spuistraat that had muppet characters all over it. Food was amazing

Did the Heineken tour. Love how they have a barricade when you come out telling you to watch out for bikes.

The bicycles. Fucking hell Dutch girls on bikes leggy ditch girls on bicycles. If I could have I would have knicked a dozen bike seats to bring back and sniff.

Canal boat tour was good , Van Gogh museum was decent but d'Orsay has his better stuff

Swilled much Heineken and the vibe of the place is great

A train station frikandel is heaven on earth. Brought me back to my early youth in Den Haag where I would hop on the bus to the train station and scarf A vending machine frikandel

Love the Dutch

• Upvote 2

• 7 years later...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/25/amsterdam-public-weed-smoking-ban-begins

Finally, smoking cannabis is banned in public spaces,” said Diederik Boomsma, a Christian Democratic Appeal councillor who has long campaigned for tourists to be banned from buying cannabis at all.

“This will send an important message to the gormless and feckless who think they can come here on a holiday from morality. Newsflash to all potheads: go giggle elsewhere! Let’s hope that the citizens of Amsterdam reclaim their ancient, beautiful city centre from the glassy-eyed zombies.”

• Upvote 2