You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best performance from an opposition player against us?

DanDanShaw

There was one point where Titus Bramble seemed to always score against us for Wigan

However there was also another point where he seemed to gift us goals for fun, was very funny the time he came on for Newcastle at Anfield on boxing day only to receive a standing ovation from the entire ground aside from the Newcastle fans

Way back in the sixties a goalie named Toni Schumacher playing for FC Cologne single-handedly kept his team alive through both legs, a replay and extra time. We won on the (second) toss of coin (the first toss landed on its side in a divot). The way he played, it's probably fortunate they didn't use penalty shoot outs in those days. 3 days before the FA cup semis, it put us up against Inter in the European Cup semi

Way back in the sixties a goalie named Toni Schumacher playing for FC Cologne single-handedly kept his team alive through both legs, a replay and extra time. We won on the (second) toss of coin (the first toss landed on its side in a divot). The way he played, it's probably fortunate they didn't use penalty shoot outs in those days. 3 days before the FA cup semis, it put us up against Inter in the European Cup semi

Great shout. Remember these games well. Was torn between him and my eventual choice of Dwyer from Swansea in the fa cup. Still shudder at the thought of ronnie Moran' s penalty nearly smashing me in the face.

Great shout. Remember these games well. Was torn between him and my eventual choice of Dwyer from Swansea in the fa cup. Still shudder at the thought of ronnie Moran' s penalty nearly smashing me in the face.

I've got a feeling the Anfield leg might have been the one rescheduled after the ref called the match off due to snow - it only started snowing when I was on my way to the match.

I also remember that penalty..... you must have been about halfway up!

The match vs Inter, on the Kop, G & G with the FA Cup. That night, that team, we could have beaten any team ever.Magic

I've got a feeling the Anfield leg might have been the one rescheduled after the ref called the match off due to snow - it only started snowing when I was on my way to the match.

it was. do you remember that when it was called off, we all ran on the pitch and had a snowball fight. then someone produced a footy, and we all had an impromptu kick-about on the pitch?

I also remember that penalty..... you must have been about halfway up!

correct again. i was!

The match vs Inter, on the Kop, G & G with the FA Cup. That night, that team, we could have beaten any team ever.Magic

great times. we all sang "go back to italy" to the tune of "santa lucia".

of course, all of this was in the days when there used to be a football club at anfield.