You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

If they manage to sell Suarez at the price they are desperately trying to, they'll sign a couple of players, probably Eriksen and one young defender. If they don't manage to sell him, they won't sign anybody else apart from Cissokho on loan.

FSG are predictable bullshiters.

I predict more bullshit posts from you....

Im happy to be proven wrong, I'll be thrilled. Until then its £3m net spend tops and is well in line with previous transfer windows.

What was the net spend under Kenny?

What fucking difference does net spend make as long as we improve, get better players and play winning/good quality football?

Have we been one of the biggest jokes in the transfer market for over 2 decades?

Yes, yes we have

Do we need to stop that bullshit to move forward? Yes, yes we do

Are we paying less money & wages for players? Yes, yes we are

Are we singing better players now, than we did under kenny/rafa? Well fuck yes, yes and yes again

So why the fuck do you care about net spend?

I'll answer it for you.....

You only care about net spend because your a negative cunt and you want to have a go at FSG

Nobody wants to have a go at kenny for spunking nearly 100 million quid on utter shit, forcing FSG to re-think their plans and how they approach transfers.

No

None of that matters.

What was the net spend under Kenny?

What fucking difference does net spend make as long as we improve, get better players and play winning/good quality football?

Have we been one of the biggest jokes in the transfer market for over 2 decades?

Yes, yes we have

Do we need to stop that bullshit to move forward? Yes, yes we do

Are we paying less money & wages for players? Yes, yes we are

Are we singing better players now, than we did under kenny/rafa? Well fuck yes, yes and yes again

So why the fuck do you care about net spend?

I'll answer it for you.....

You only care about net spend because your a negative cunt and you want to have a go at FSG

Nobody wants to have a go at kenny for spunking nearly 100 million quid on utter shit, forcing FSG to re-think their plans and how they approach transfers.

No

None of that matters.

Hey I dont give two shiny ones so long as we improve on the pitch, there is no evidence of that thus far, we got to two cup finals and finished 7th, then finished 7th, I dont want to hear about 9 extra points, we finished 7th, thats what counts, each season is different, points alter naturally for each position, Newcastle dropped Everton went up, we stayed where we were and shit out of cup competitions.

Now, I dont have a go at FSG for the sake of it, I want the trend to be bucked, I dont enjoy where we are and nor should you, the signings have proven nothing yet, the window is still open, we could sign Messi on a free or Suarez could be given a free transfer to the Mancs, Im judging on an as its basis and I hope we do some good business.

What Kenny did and what we might so in the rest of the window, no, none of that matters to me.

I care about net spend because it shows intent, that may change, we may have anegative net spend once Assaidi and Spearing leave, we might just go and sign Erriksen for £20m. I dont know, I dont claim to know, I dont claim to be right, I have an opinion though, you need to deal with it, not everyone will or should sit here cheering everything and putting a positive spin on everything.

Im not putting a negative spin on everything, Ive praised for example, the move for and if we get Cissokho but still got a load of shit off one of your fellow mongs. I say as I see, I want FSG/Rodgers to get it right and hope they can without spending a penny power us to the top, somehow, its just not blind faith like yours.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We finished 8th, then 7th and 9 points better off. We also finished the season by outscoring everybody else, having as good a defence as those in the top four, and being within a win from the top four spots. If you can't see that we are improving on and off the pitch from the side Rodgers inherited, it's because you don't want to.

Hey I dont give two shiny ones so long as we improve on the pitch, there is no evidence of that thus far, we got to two cup finals and finished 7th, then finished 7th, I dont want to hear about 9 extra points, we finished 7th, thats what counts, each season is different, points alter naturally for each position, Newcastle dropped Everton went up, we stayed where we were and shit out of cup competitions.

Now, I dont have a go at FSG for the sake of it, I want the trend to be bucked, I dont enjoy where we are and nor should you, the signings have proven nothing yet, the window is still open, we could sign Messi on a free or Suarez could be given a free transfer to the Mancs, Im judging on an as its basis and I hope we do some good business.

What Kenny did and what we might so in the rest of the window, no, none of that matters to me.

I care about net spend because it shows intent, that may change, we may have anegative net spend once Assaidi and Spearing leave, we might just go and sign Erriksen for £20m. I dont know, I dont claim to know, I dont claim to be right, I have an opinion though, you need to deal with it, not everyone will or should sit here cheering everything and putting a positive spin on everything.

Im not putting a negative spin on everything, Ive praised for example, the move for and if we get Cissokho but still got a load of shit off one of your fellow mongs. I say as I see, I want FSG/Rodgers to get it right and hope they can without spending a penny power us to the top, somehow, its just not blind faith like yours.

It's not blind faith

If you were a multi millionaire, entering a new sport, having just seen the last guy you appointed waste milllion on shit players......what would you do?

Would you be stupid enough to give the next guy millions and millions, having just been burnt by the last guy?

Neither would i.......

How often have you seen Aspas and Luis Alberto play, jsims?

I've seen them both twice. Luis Alberto is going to be a great player, you can just see it. Aspas im less certain on, need to see him more.

Are they already better than downing, adam, carroll and henderson?

Fuck yea

Were they much cheaper?

Fuck yea

Does this help prove we have a manger who can spot good players?

Fuck yea

So lets compare: Adam, Carroll, henderson and downing

with

Coutinho, sturridge, luis alberto and aspas

Who would you rather have? Who cost less money? Who has more ability? Who is on lower wages?

We are totally moving in the right direction.

You making assumptions ahead of time.

...and just to be clear, assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups.

We are in the process of redeveloping Anfield. I have no hopes of a spending splurge, especially as we are entering our fourth consecutive season without CL-football.

Now granted I haven't been right by the ground since May but they are doing a good job of this covert redevelopment that's eating all our transfer budget.

I wouldn't mind seeing the accounts though because despite no CL we are apparently year on year improving our commercial side plus, extra tv money plus, savings on our wage bill

No

But downing, henderson, adam and carroll are

Compare that to:

Coutinho, sturidge, aspas, luis alberto?

Hmmmmmm

Whats the net spend there mother fuckers?

You left out Borini, Assaidi and Allen. Bellamy, Enrique and Henderson had a far bigger impact than them. 3 Kenny signings. Suarez, too.

Aspas and Luis Alberto haven't done anything yet.

So, about these talks Rodgers and Suarez were going to have. When are they? Why the delay?

Brendan Rodgers interview at Melbourne - YouTube

Towards the end of the interview Rodgers talks about speaking to suarez and says it will remain private. My take is situation as as we know, suarez has told Rodgers he wants to leave and Brendan is saying he wont go unless our valuation is met.

• Downvote 1

You left out Borini, Assaidi and Allen. Bellamy, Enrique and Henderson had a far bigger impact than them. 3 Kenny signings. Suarez, too.

Aspas and Luis Alberto haven't done anything yet.

Carroll, henderson, downing and adam didn't do anything for 2 years while they were here.

Luis alberto has shown more talent in 2 games than those 4 did in 2 years.

Anyway i made that comparison because people are moaning about net spend. All im saying is we are buying much better players now, for much cheaper fee's/wages.

Yet people are still moaning?

Brendan Rodgers interview at Melbourne - YouTube

Towards the end of the interview Rodgers talks about speaking to suarez and says it will remain private. My take is situation as as we know, suarez has told Rodgers he wants to leave and Brendan is saying he wont go unless our valuation is met.

I'd go along with that.

Remains to be seen whether Rodgers et al can convince him to stay. Crucial few weeks.

Carroll, henderson, downing and adam didn't do anything for 2 years while they were here.

Luis alberto has shown more talent in 2 games than those 4 did in 2 years.

Anyway i made that comparison because people are moaning about net spend. All im saying is we are buying much better players now, for much cheaper fee's/wages.

Yet people are still moaning?

Absolute bollocks. Henderson has shown plenty. His inclusion was a big reason why we played better after January. Carroll, even though he was shit scored two brilliant goals against City, scored the winner in an FA Cup semi final, scored against Everton in the league. He wasn't good enough but Alberto hasn't even played a proper match yet.

They should be spending money. No one is saying spend it on shit like we dd last summer.

And Rodgers has said all the signings so far are to make the squad deeper, now they need players to make the starting 11 better.

Absolute bollocks. Henderson has shown plenty. His inclusion was a big reason why we played better after January. Carroll, even though he was shit scored two brilliant goals against City, scored the winner in an FA Cup semi final, scored against Everton in the league. He wasn't good enough but Alberto hasn't even played a proper match yet.

They should be spending money. No one is saying spend it on shit like we dd last summer.

Henderson has done ok, im not a henderson hater. I think he deserves more time here.

But in terms of attacking talent you can see already Luis alberto has much more about him. Especially more than carroll or downing ever will show.

My view on Luis Alberto is just my opinion but i think he will become a really good player. Your right in saying they havent played a proper match yet so i'm not going over board.

If i gave loads of my millions and watched in horror as it got wasted on shit players with little return then i would be bloody stupid to keep giving out money.

We revised our trasnfer policy and rightly so......it was 20 years to late.

Henderson has done ok, im not a henderson hater. I think he deserves more time here.

But in terms of attacking talent you can see already Luis alberto has much more about him. Especially more than carroll or downing ever will show.

My view on Luis Alberto is just my opinion but i think he will become a really good player. Your right in saying they havent played a proper match yet so i'm not going over board.

If i gave loads of my millions and watched in horror as it got wasted on shit players with little return then i would be bloody stupid to keep giving out money.

We revised our trasnfer policy and rightly so......it was 20 years to late.

If they don't trust Rodgers after he signed Allen, Borini and Assaidi then they should sack him for someone they do trust to spend money.

Or is it only Comolli and Kenny who bought bad players? FSG set the Carroll price, you know that don't you? They're quoted as saying as long as Carroll cost 15m less than Torres was sold for then do the deal.

I'd go along with that.

Remains to be seen whether Rodgers et al can convince him to stay. Crucial few weeks.

He could of avoided the question completely by stating it would remain private; next question.

But here is what I got from that:

1. Rodgers is confident he is staying
  2. We are making plans with him staying
  3. Very much a Liverpool player
  4. No concrete bids for him
  5. We do not want to sell Lui, he was working hard and tirelessly yesterday

The only thing that got me thinking was the last question:

Has he said he would like to be elsewhere at all?

To which he answered

The conversation will remain private

[YOUTUBE]JqiiKo1recM[/YOUTUBE]

5:55 onward.....

If they don't trust Rodgers after he signed Allen, Borini and Assaidi then they should sack him for someone they do trust to spend money.

Or is it only Comolli and Kenny who bought bad players? FSG set the Carroll price, you know that don't you? They're quoted as saying as long as Carroll cost 15m less than Torres was sold for then do the deal.

Nope we have done it as a club for 23+ years

It's not about trusting, its about business sense. They tried to give the new manager what he wanted and gave him millions.....he wasted it, and very badly.

It doesnt make business sense to give the next guy what he wants as they might get burnt again?!

So what makes the most sense is to give him money, but have a system in place that means we don't get burnt so badly again.

Buy younger players on lower wages and if they turn out to be shit we, as a club, wont get burtn as badly as we did with downing, carroll, henderson etc

It makes perfect sense, it makes business sense and the club has finally got some sense

Fuck knows when they fans will get some though.

Shit i just noticed your point about Carroll

Hahhahahahahahahaa

They set the price?

Did they fuck!

They hired Commolli to negotiate and kenny identified the target. They sanctioned it as they had two people in place who knew far more than they did about football, players and fee's

Dont kid yourself that they bought carroll

Dont make me fucking laugh.

They got burnt and tried to do everything they could to stop it. Bring in a guy who has done transfer business and deal all around the world, bring in a manger who is a true legend of the game and the club.....

What more could they do than trust them?

Dont even come with any shit here, fsg had fuck all to do with the wasted money that summer.......apart from providing it.