You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Target all banks!

Guest simon

Don't ask how I know this as I cannot say but talks with Barcap about a re-finance started last Wednesday

Sorry only just noticed this.

Strange that BarCap who will know how much shit the owners are in would offer to refinance.

The main thing though is that is a conflict of interests for BarCap and i would be surprised if that was on offer.

Personally i would put that bit of info down as a rumour at the moment.

Strange that BarCap who will know how much shit the owners are in would offer to refinance.

The main thing though is that is a conflict of interests for BarCap and i would be surprised if that was on offer.

I know you are a respected poster on here, but i really cant ellaborate. This info comes from a trusted source who says its a strong possibility.

If they were to refinance C&A would have to hand over the keys to literally all their assets, if not Hicks than definitely Gillet after the last lot dropped in value. Barcap would own their arse, and they'd be tied to us sink or swim till the bitter end.

Don't care what they call themselves they are still Barclay's to me.

Profiteers during Apartheid, and therefore lower than a snakes belly and th all the morals of a kiddie fiddler.

I know you are a respected poster on here, but i really cant ellaborate. This info comes from a trusted source who says its a strong possibility.

This is extremely worrying. I was always fearful of the involvement of Barcap and recall there being stories earlier in the year of them being prepared to offer £300m refinancing.

If a high valuation has been put on the club and no buyer is found by the 6th of October then I am sure RBS will be more than happy for the risk to be passed onto Barcap.

Barcap would be able to charge high interest rates and if the Yanks can't meet the repayments they could take control of the club.

Worrying times ahead.

This is extremely worrying. I was always fearful of the involvement of Barcap and recall there being stories earlier in the year of them being prepared to offer £300m refinancing.

If a high valuation has been put on the club and no buyer is found by the 6th of October then I am sure RBS will be more than happy for the risk to be passed onto Barcap.

Barcap would be able to charge high interest rates and if the Yanks can't meet the repayments they could take control of the club.

Worrying times ahead.

No different to what it is now! Just a different bank.

Remember Steve, together with the Penalty clauses we are soon to be owing more than the club is worth, nobody, and I mean nobody will refinance that!

Barcarp will have first hand knowledge of the Parasites inability to pay the current interest rates, so why one earth would they allow them to refinance on a higher interest rate?

No different to what it is now! Just a different bank.

Remember Steve, together with the Penalty clauses we are soon to be owing more than the club is worth, nobody, and I mean nobody will refinance that!

Barcarp will have first hand knowledge of the Parasites inability to pay the current interest rates, so why one earth would they allow them to refinance on a higher interest rate?

Barclays Capital are an investment bank.

If they take over from RBS, they would effectively be gaining control of the club for £300m.

Barclays Capital are an investment bank.

If they take over from RBS, they would effectively be gaining control of the club for £300m.

That is why they won't refinance! In essence the Parasites would be signing over the club to them, in that case.

Don't forget, when they took over Liverpool they each had a number of other sporting interests, now they have none, they have a disgruntled fan base (which common sense tells you will get worse, not better), it is not a sound investment.

I think everything points to them losing control, it is just how much they get/settle for.

Barclays have close ties to the Middle East don't forget, when the Credit Crunch started, they didn't look for a government bail out, they looked to the Saudi's.

Interesting that Liverpool's co-owner Tom Hicks is on the look out for some fresh financing – $230m according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing in the US. Digger wonders what Hicks Acquisition Co II could need that sort of money for. Hicks Acquisition Co I was set up in 2007 and was at the time the biggest ever market launch of a "special purpose acquisition company" — ie one set up specifically to complete a purchase. A press releaseat the time said: "Hicks Acquisition was formed for the purpose of acquiring, or acquiring control of, through a merger, capital stock exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase, reorganization or similar business combination, one or more businesses or assets." Might it be that, with administration potentially looming for Liverpool, Hicks is looking for co-investors to buy the club anew?

Manchester City risk Champions League ban by spending big | Digger | Sport | The Guardian