You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 'Bizzies' are shit

WaltonRed

Personally I'd bring the minimum driving age up to 21. Now there's a debate.

When you're 16 you can join the Army, but you can't drink or smoke, nor drive, or vote but you can put the lottery on.

The age system in this country is proper disjointed and contradictory.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with you there mate.

The driving thing intrigues me. Lads of that age getting into things that can and do kill is daft. I know there are sensible lads (and girls out there) but sadly they are heavily outweighed by people that stick the pedal to the metal and race each other. I grew up with two sets of mates, ones from College and School who were relatively sensible and doing well for themselves (high achievers in school) and another who were from the estate where I grew up and didn't give a fuck. There was absolutely no distinction between the way they would drive. At least at 21 they may have grown out of it. Perhaps it's a stage people will go through regardless, who knows. My mate used to drive his dad's Passat at 100mph round country roads at 17.

In saying this I'd also be supportive of limiting the power of a vehicle people are allowed to drive between 17-21 to an unmodified 1 litre, as an alternative.

Most people drive like a cunt for a while after they pass, be they 17, 19 or 21.... It usually takes a speeding ticket or getting pulled over to calm them down.

But I get what you mean about the limit on the power of the cars, a year ago I wasn't driving, had no experience. Now i've passed and got a 1.5 Vauxhall Corsa. That just sounds dangerous.

I've never been pulled or had a ticket because I'm generally a good driver. Some people aren't, some people are.