You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PS3 MW2 TLW Clan?

Allan

Not doing very well with spotting people. Al, I saw your message the day after you posted on here. Byrnie, I spotted that you had gone offline tonight but didn't see you log in.

I'm off for tonight as I want to watch the Louis Theroux thing tonight. Had a couple of decent games tonight which I did ok in then several where I was killed more than I killed but felt I was at least of use to the team I was in for a change.

Taking a bit of getting used to the maps, I only realised how to get into the building outside on Terminal today. Then getting dumped into some of the new maps and not having a clue where I am at all.

Is there a way of having unlimited ammo, few people on tonight who seemed to have unlimited rockets and launcher grenades.

The closest you can get to unlimited ammo is by using One Man Army, though it takes 6 seconds, or 4.5 seconds using pro, to switch kits.

I'll try and get on for a bit in the next few days, before I go to me folks on Thursday for the weekend.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al, I'll be on tonight and probably tomorrow night.

Been getting really frustrated with it this afternoon on Hardcore TDM, 3 games in a row ended up with my own side killing me repeatedly when I was doing well and had an area well secured.

First one was on Skid Row, guy with Martydom kept on standing right next to me and getting killed then taking me out with his grenade. Did it at least 5 times, ended up I was shooting him myself to keep him away from me.

Second one was on Bailout and a guy on my side got me with a melee then same guy hid where I had been and killed me when I came back round. Went elsewhere and eventually same guy started chucking grenades into the room I was in.

Third one on Skid Row, me and another guy had the upstairs room near the truck pretty much covered as even if one of us got killed the other took them out then when respawning we could take turns laying a claymore. Beasting the game big style and we had the top two scored before we started getting grenade and rocket attacks from our own side.

Made you look quite calm at that point Al!

That's my only problem with Hardcore, is there are twats out there who do team kill if you're covering an area that they want to cover. Other times the player is just a complete tool and will go out of their way to team kill you.

First time I have come across it happening today. The one with Martyrdom was just an idiot. Was standing at the blown open wall in the room next to the mounted minigun on Skid Row, he was totally in the open and getting killed lots (like I do but even worse) and everytime he took me out with the grenade.

Apart from it this afternoon I've been enjoying hardcore more as it seems to be a lot more even.

I've experienced it a few times, just luck of the draw really.

Hardcore is great if you're on with mates. There are always going to be accidental team kills, but on the whole these are rare.

Once you get over the lack of HUD, then hardcore is superb, plus it's real handy for levelling up with some weaker weapons.

I'll be running through the Medal of Honor campaign this evening, but should be on MW2 tomorrow at some stage I would have thought.

I've experienced it a few times, just luck of the draw really.

Hardcore is great if you're on with mates. There are always going to be accidental team kills, but on the whole these are rare.

Once you get over the lack of HUD, then hardcore is superb, plus it's real handy for levelling up with some weaker weapons.

I'll be running through the Medal of Honor campaign this evening, but should be on MW2 tomorrow at some stage I would have thought.

When you don't get your own side trying to kill you it's cracking.

Still finding spots on the original maps I didn't know about and getting totally lost on the DLC ones.

Finished my stint of night shifts this morning, so after my kip, I'll be finishing the last mission on Medal of Honor before hitting MDUB2 for a good while this evening.

As for Sunday, I'll be on and off all day, in between our game and a session or two on the hard level for the MoH campaign.

Was on with TK late last night, plenty of kills, only problem was it tended to be us getting killed. Some little twat Gunners was giving us a hard time but the games were laggy and he was getting huge scores.

I was saying to TK last night, everytime you play against people with bad connections their scores seem to be high.

Was on with TK late last night, plenty of kills, only problem was it tended to be us getting killed. Some little twat Gunners was giving us a hard time but the games were laggy and he was getting huge scores.

I was saying to TK last night, everytime you play against people with bad connections their scores seem to be high.

I hope you called him, Gunners, a cunt and accused him of using a lag switch when he couldn't hear you, as someone you know does when he falls victim to these little shitehawks......? *Whistley smiley thing*

There was a guy on yesterday afternoon who was lagging like hell and getting big scores. I would have thought if they where lagging you would be able to kill them before they do anything but it doesn't seem to work like that,.

This is what a lag switch does. It causes them to appear as if they are lagging to you, hence all the jumpy shit, but they are in fact not lagging, they are forcing you to lag.

If you suspect someone is using a lag switch, just flip up the scoreboard from time to time during the game and check the signal bar level of everyone in the lobby.

You'll notice that just after you've died courtesy of someone you suspect of switching, that your signal will be a 1 or maybe 2 bar, whilst your killers wil be full. You'll also see that others in the lobby will have bad signals.

Wait around 30 seconds or so after you've seen the aforementioned, then flip up the scoreboard again, and low and behold, everyone will be playing on a 4 or 5 bar signal.

The problem with the lag switch is that they are so easy to make, all you basically need is an ethernet cable, a basic electrical switch and some duct tape. There are plenty of video tutorials floating around on Youtube unfortunately.

I hope you called him, Gunners, a cunt and accused him of using a lag switch when he couldn't hear you, as someone you know does when he falls victim to these little shitehawks......? *Whistley smiley thing*

I had a few choice words for him alright haha. It happened when we left that lobby and jumped in another game, we met another fella who was 9-0 in no time and had a 2 bar signal. I was still pretty shit last night though, so it may not have mattered.

I've had a bit of a scout around, seems quite common. I was thinking in reverse i.e. they are lagging so should be slower than me rather than the other way round.

They shouldn't need the help against me I'm shit enough as it is.

Been meaning to ask, I have Claymores now but only get one, can I get to have more than one? If so is it a challenge thing as I can't seem to find anything to tell me.

I've had a bit of a scout around, seems quite common. I was thinking in reverse i.e. they are lagging so should be slower than me rather than the other way round.

Been meaning to ask, I have Claymores now but only get one, can I get to have more than one? If so is it a challenge thing as I can't seem to find anything to tell me.

You can only carry 1 claymore at a time, though you can plant a maximum of 2. Use Scavenger to pick up resupply kits, or use One Man Army to replenish your own kit.

If you've planted 2 claymores, and they are still active, when you go to place another, the first of the 2 original claymores will self detonate. This also applies to C4.

You need to use scavenger as a perk, when you kill someone pick up their scavanger pack and you'll get your ammo refilled. Beware, you can only piut down two claymores. I blew myself up a few times trying to put a third down in my early days.

Was doing OK during the day yesterday, even had k/d ratio improving. Joined TKs TDM session and he was doing well on it but I started to fall apart at that point although I did get a couple of people in the back that tried to get TK on Fuel.

Started getting really frustrated with it so went Hardcore TDM and was doing OK for a while then seemed to lose it so went off altogether till late on, and just getting get my act together when I went back on at 10.

I'm now starting to find TDM harder than Hardcore TDM for some reason. Well chuffed with Scavenger too, think I got 40+ claymore kills yesterday with it. More claymore kills than anything else on some games, placing too then scavenging so I have one ready to replace it even got one guy several times, is it possible to kill someone with one when you plant a third, I'm sure I got a kill when I was trying to move the area I had covered.

Was doing OK during the day yesterday, even had k/d ratio improving. Joined TKs TDM session and he was doing well on it but I started to fall apart at that point although I did get a couple of people in the back that tried to get TK on Fuel.

Started getting really frustrated with it so went Hardcore TDM and was doing OK for a while then seemed to lose it so went off altogether till late on, and just getting get my act together when I went back on at 10.

I'm now starting to find TDM harder than Hardcore TDM for some reason. Well chuffed with Scavenger too, think I got 40+ claymore kills yesterday with it. More claymore kills than anything else on some games, placing too then scavenging so I have one ready to replace it even got one guy several times, is it possible to kill someone with one when you plant a third, I'm sure I got a kill when I was trying to move the area I had covered.

If there is someone in the vicinity, then I see no reason why not. That actually may be a decent ploy to get people using Scrambler Pro....

I did jump on myself yesterday evening, played 2 games and then came straight back off. I think my playing time on MW2 is almost up. The campaign on Medal Of Honor was just far more appealing last night, just 1 mission to go to finish that again, then I'll try my hand at some of the online content.

I also got Killzone 2 on the cheap, which I never really gave a chance when it first came out, so I'll be hitting the campaign on that as well.

I'll try and jump on MW2 from time to time to keep me in the swing of things CoD wise.

Obviously I'm still well into it, but mainly I guess due to the novelty at the moment with only just starting to play it last month.

Looking forward to Black Ops now. I want to have a good crack at GTA4 as well as I haven't played it much due to getting distracted by getting into MW2. I suspect Gran Turismo will take over from the lot if/when it comes out.